It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen... but not a KAREN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ForensicFrog

Thanks Forensic Frog, Im a frogger too. cups, planters, my lovely baseball cap.

Do "karen's" wear baseball caps too? lol. Your right about the tv and movies, I have only heard it a couple of times, one time there was a low budget movie in 2022 on BET local TV channel actually called KAREN, I knew right away what it was going to be about and sure enough, it was a white middle aged neighbor named Karen terrorizing a young black family next door.

My brother and I had a chuckle because it was just called KAREN in all caps, I mean sheesh, even Godzilla only got one cap.

It does seem to be wanning a bit, I only worry about my little grandchild as its not the other kids so much, sometimes some adults can be horrible, as I stated earlier she has my name as a midldle name.

I just think we should stick to b#ches and b#astards, they both roll off the tongue easier and keeps it from being personal.

Thanks for your upbeat and hipchick words.

edit on 7-11-2023 by freshcedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Yea I heartily agree, funny though he didn't sound mad or angry or mean, just incredulous that it was my name.

Like he couldn't even fathom it.

Best hang up I ever had

Thak you Bones.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: freshcedar

It's an acronym...

K. now your rights
A. cuse everyone
R. equest a manager
E. scalate to authorities
N. eglect reason

Nice rant

Is this one of those which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I was a server and a bartender for a long time so complaints were rife in that industry, I was good at it and didn't get alot of complaints but the amount of times I have heard "I want to see the manager," I would be rich if a dollar always came with it.

I am the opposite of escalating a situation, and demanding to see a manager usually only incurs wrath for the poor staff under them.

I walk away from unreasonable people because they are lacking in intelligence.

I never accuse anyone of anything without evidence.

and I know my rights.

Thanks ,good acronym

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Haha. what the heck is a naruto runner?

and my brother Paul will be impressed. He is also the father of my nephew named Kyle.

and by no means are you being offensive, eveyones comments have been positive and kind.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Welcome. I notice everyone is being exceptionally nice to you, so I'll be the devils advocate.
A quite easy solution to your problem just change your name to Angela or better still Mary as hundreds of people worship Mary. But you wont will you, because the couple of things you missed of your list is your pride and intransigence. ie. "It's my name so why should I change it".

PS. can you make Peach Cobbler? And a Merry Christmas to you.

Mary was my mother inlaws name and I did worship her, one of the nicest and kindest people I have ever met and I was lucky to have her in my life.

And yes pride goeth before all, haha and no I would never change my name because that would hurt my mamas feelings God rest her soul.

It has just been nice to finally chat about it, my daughter and I have a good chuckle over it sometimes.

and yesssss I do make a nice peach cobbler. I am actually a chef, not a pastry chef but I love to bake, raspberry pie is my favorite, and a very Merry Christmas to you, I recognize your name for many years here.

Thank you Crazyeed

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm sorry your going through this.
Why they just can't use the B word for ladies that act stupid.

Remember, "Sally" isn't have a great time of it either.
I'm guilty of that one, myself, and need to stop.

Yes but all of you who have responded have made me feel so much better and I feel I am not alone.

and I agree no real names, especially when we have such a wide and colourful vocabulary of adjectives to choose from. I could list them but I would probably get banned. lol.

I didn't know about poor Sally, she must getting a good ride of it. oops, sorry I just had to

Thanks Chiefsmom, your so kind.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Hi Fullheathen, I actually tried to find out where it started too and it was around the middle of covid lockdowns, apparently some guy on reddit was complaining about his ex who's name was actually Lisa I think, and for some reason Lisa became Karen.

I heard about the Kevin name as well like you did, and then there was Kyle, what the hell is up with the letter K.

We should get back to basics and stick to calling people swearwords, I remember all the hoopala over how women shoudn't be called the B word anymore, but that seemed to be replaced with" Karen" probabaly by the same group that virtue signalled the idea in the first place.

They thought they were doing a good thing I guess but just showed their true selves by being even more vindictive by using a real persons name instead, with no association to the incidents.

all your responses have been amazing and I thank everyone here for the kind words

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 03:20 AM
link   

what the heck is a naruto runner?

It started of as a Japanese Manga thing, got picked up to ridicule the situation from the media at the time. I saw it more about running through cyberspace if you want to breach the walls of Area 51. Did find a lot of interesting things at the time. Got one thread with more about it all:

Storm area 51 weather map

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

LOL Nice.

Yeah. Quit being a "sally" is a thing, at least in my area. Basically a wussy or wimp.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ooo, ooo, I'll be your friend for life. I presume your in the US but I'm in the UK so I can't come round for some cobbler. Could you send me some by post? As an aside I have always been tall and all my life people have made fun of me so let it be like water off a ducks back, let it slid off as their are some very nasty and vindictive people in the world BUT, that is their problem not yours. keep your head up and be who you are.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well I actually hail from across the pond, born in Leeds,, I am a Canadian now. My family emigrated here in 1966, I still drink megapots of tea and bacon buttys are a fav especially with HP, oh and dripping an bread.

Once a subject, always a subject.

still have some cousins over there, my Aunt lived to be 96 and she lived in the same house for 70 years in Headingly.

I understand about the tall situation, I have 4 nephews who are very tall, one is 6'6, I have noticed that the last couple of generations seem to be taller, especially the guys, but I think there are just some people in this world that always try and find fault with others no matter what. Petty envy I guess.

I got shorty alot because I am not tall. lol.

we are who we are, and these are our days

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Are you a boomer?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealbeverage

I was born in 1962 so not sure really. seems to be different timelines from what I see. maybe on the cusp of Gen X and boomer..

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My last name is in the bible. I am not Jewish but because of my last name many think that. Actually my father changed his last name to my current last name as a white family who emigrated from Europe to USA said race here in the USA was despised, defamed and prohibited from getting a decent job. Were white. My grandfather used an alias at work and on his W2's. That all happened in Democratic controlled New York State. You know FDR, Rocky aka Rockefeller and apple pie.

I am almost a duplicate of you. I am also at the point as it appears that so many on earth have no brains they are beyond equitable distribution, fairness and understanding of facts and law.

That as a result, IMO we need a war to cull this out. It has happened throught the ages going back 1000's of years.

Yes, it sucks

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: freshcedar
I am white
I am a conservative
I am middle aged
I have blonde hair
I have blue eyes

I am not a racist, or a bigot.
I do not complain to management in restaurants or stores.
I have never attacked anyone, physically or verbally.
I am not a snoop or a gossip.
I do not spy on my neighbors.
I do not virtue signal.

I have been on ATS for many years, since 2004 and I like many others here lost access to my original username and password.
We are all well aware of the name Karen and how it has been degraded, maligned and used to describe a certain kind of person with a disreputable character.

I have tried to laugh over the last couple of years in regards to the unfairness of this name being used with such derogatory associations.
I mean after all whats in a name... but

I have been refused work because of my name.
I have been refused service because of my name.
I have been sneered at when I tell someone my name.

I have even heard my name being used in such a fashion in music, television movies and television shows.

In all the instances where a so called "Karen" has caused undo hardship to others, I have not come a single incident where their actual name is Karen
we have..
Amy
Lisa
Patty
Miya, and so on and so forth.

ATS has been a goto for me over the years, when things get too much and you need an outlet to take your mind off everyday life and its issues, it would be nice if we could retire the meme of karen and refer to the actual racists and bigots by their own given names and finally let the Karen's keep the honor and bestowment of our given names with pride.

From my Grandmother Karen who I am named after to my Grandaughter whos middle name is Karen,

Hold firm, stand fast, soldier on.

Thanks you always ATS, and for letting me write this rant.

There is nothing wrong with the name Karen.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It just rolls of the tongue in a rythm that in this case just makes phonetically a funny 'language event':
KA!-ren

It makes sense.

I think it is also funny that you in the defense of Karens became the ultimate Karen and try to tell the internet and the world to do as you say and not use Karen this way anymore.
Or what if we just continue? You'd want to talk to the manager?
Albeit in a weird way some Karens actually have a place and purpose in our society.
Who else would tell you to wash your hands aand your feet put the shirt in your pants and use a tissue for your nose not your fingers.

Nobody is perfect it is just funny. Just because the average Karen thinks it is her resoinsibility to miromanage her surroundings doesn't mean they know what is best for society or any single one of those around her.

Life is complicated, right?
Get over it

What is a name really? I could be called Indiana Jones like the family dog and it totally wouldn't make a difference to anybody who attaches me as person to that string of sounds in this personal context.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButterfliesAndPonies

It just rolls of the tongue in a rythm that in this case just makes phonetically a funny 'language event':
KA!-ren

It makes sense.

I think it is also funny that you in the defense of Karens became the ultimate Karen and try to tell the internet and the world to do as you say and not use Karen this way anymore.
Or what if we just continue? You'd want to talk to the manager?
Albeit in a weird way some Karens actually have a place and purpose in our society.
Who else would tell you to wash your hands aand your feet put the shirt in your pants and use a tissue for your nose not your fingers.

Nobody is perfect it is just funny. Just because the average Karen thinks it is her resoinsibility to miromanage her surroundings doesn't mean they know what is best for society or any single one of those around her.

Life is complicated, right?
Get over it

What is a name really? I could be called Indiana Jones like the family dog and it totally wouldn't make a difference to anybody who attaches me as person to that string of sounds in this personal context.

lots of word salad there. at least the average karen's know how to spell.

edit on 27-12-2023 by freshcedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ButterfliesAndPonies

I concur and wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone's name is, we all can talk to a manager if needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join