It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee is a: Diuretic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Conspiracy or direct cause and effect?

When coffee is said to be; A diuretic? Meaning has the property of producing urination?

Are those people sure it is; Not simply due to the, running water involved in; The process and making of it? As that sound in a very Pavlovian way; Produces that very same effect.

Running water in a pot; running or dripping water through a sieve...

Why is this a rant?

Who knows how much of those effects throughout all medical literature? Is correlation and not actual cause and effect like the above mentioned... Making liars out of anyone that has stated in believing that Coffee has dietetic properties and would even swear an oath of such... Locking them all up when it is likely just the running water in the process of making it that produces the said effect?

edit on 6-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

No. Caffeine stimulates the kidneys [ among other things ] and causes increased urination.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ohhh denial and sticking with the narrative as it is safe... I like that as it is; Common but still not solid *ground.

*ground in the sense of morning noon or night humor as the topic goes.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Among liquid stimulants it's certainly a real effect that is unique to coffee.
I've been dealing with it the last few days actually.

I quit coffee early last year and switched to caffeine infused drink enhancers, and energy drinks,
because I got tired of brewing coffee.
For context I should add that I've always been very regular. You could set a watch by it.

Well recently I've had coffee cravings and went on an espresso kick.
The first night, within 30 minutes, I had a movement so forceful I barely made it to that bathroom in time.
The next night, same thing. Both movements came urgently, and four or five hours earlier than I normally do my business.
It really annoyed me because I've been really wrapped up in music mixing and mastering, which I spend hours on being a perfectionist, and had to pause in the middle of it.
Tonight, I tested this very theory, by pinching a loaf BEFORE I drank the espresso.
It still happened, as if the ol' doodoo factory worked double-time as soon as the coffee walked onto the assembly floor.

It's not caffeine that does it, and it's not the warmth either. Energy drinks don't do it, cold coffee does, but hot tea doesn't, nor does hot chocolate.

I believe the cause has to be a chemical specific to the coffee bean.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

The Russian is good... The Irish has a certain; Je ne sais qui that good Scotch does... Sort of like a colder than cold, wetter than wet on the palette.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Well, from a biology point of view caffeine is an alkaloid, it's technically a 'poison' to ward off small critters and bugs from eating too much of the plants that contain it, almost all plants have evolved certain alkaloids to do so.

Humans have just figured out a way to concentrate it into a liquid form and then consume it. Which stimulates the nervous system, and gives us a 'buzz', but its still a poison to the body and we react by stimulating the organs that filter such things out, and one of the functions of urination is still expell toxins as quickly as possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
The buzz is probably the insects as boo I cant eat or dwell in you...

As for the effects some purport it to have individual just like all else. The worst trope is that others have the same senses or somehow share them.

What are you a hungry ghost or want to inhabit me on death is a good question for such people claiming oneness is a reality when it isn't. Easy way to poof begone that delusion... fire is not water as when mixed produce stream which is neither.

If someone wants to be one? Suggest cremation.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Are you irish or a leprechaun or something?

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I know an old saint that refers to dogs as wee folk expecting people he thinks he rules from an appointed throne to laugh or be his "dog".

The biggest blarney is that St peter fella chasing the snakes out of such lands they still say sting to this day instead of bite knowing there weren't any there despite the idiot having one of their heads an hitting people in the neck with it and procuring more because they drank beer not wine in libation to another 'god' not his... hence the curious bite marks in history giving rise to the legend of vampires the wine being a know so called substitute case closed as it was a mead hater.

Talk about if your'e going to be drunk on something or someone... and not realize that so called feeling arises from oneself and not other unless it is a drug of some sort?

I just cant roll my eyes hard enough at the delusion over reality seeing gold coins as ones future at trying to keep a mere secret while rubbing their palms together as if water is flowing through them to keep them clean from the very act.

Attachment to noise that formed words is as bad as attachment to forms given words too. aka "language". outside of that exists the delusion it means anything else shouldn't there is no real wisdom or learning in it... making all of it a statement that is not actually present in the moment it is said or uttered.

To all of those that live in silence of the mind cool, to all of those live in the silence of the body without grasping at others? cool at those using speech t turn that please use both to see the direct causes and effects first before appointing people that would rather see you dead having not practiced or which to abandon such practice.

People applying 'name' to form laughable as it just shows attachment to something or someone not self. Bad breath is what an arhat of a path that I hate and I am right in hating it says all that is.

When all thing s are returnable to one to what is the one returnable too? In the case of the dog lord 'Gautama'? Dog In the case of Jewish christian lord "Jesus"? Dragon whom Saint Peter is said to have killed in ceasing to follow him meaning Zeus.

Echoing nonsense is not cool knowing it is nonsense perhaps. I am happy in my returnable too the hell with those two and all others.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I remember seeing a study a few years ago that examined the hydration levels of people who drank coffee and those who didn't.

They found there was no significant difference between their levels of hydration.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Jokingly the mead folks are the isle of Cork...

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I'd imagine you'd need to consume like 6 cups a day for a week to have any sort of dehydrating effects.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Coffee makes me pee.

But then so does tea

And beer, whiskey, water, soda, damn, even a glass of milk gives me an urge.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

In my worst health, I drank an espresso after 2 beers, at a Christmas party.

Usually this would make me poo. But on that day, my poop was secured tight. It wasn’t going to loosen. The coffee wasn’t working, and it felt like I was about to have a heart attack.

Does this mean the coffee caused me a heart attack, or was it because I was full of sh##?

edit on 6-11-2023 by IgorMartinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So if it's the PH balance, then alkaline water should also make the Fecal Maestro tap the podium, right?
I've never tried it before and am curious, so, I volunteer and will post my findings at a later date.
I can try to find an alkaline water with the same PH as coffee.
SCIENCE!

EDIT: I just Googled PH of coffee, and it's saying it's a mild acid, so I think I misunderstood your comment.
Sadly nobody makes acidic water that I know of, but vinegar is acidic, and is in Tabasco and Taco Bell's hot sauces.
Maybe that partially explains why Taco Bell's responsible for so many 2 a.m. emergency bathroom cleanings at Walmart.

Anyway, I found something...

Caffeine is alkaline, but coffee bean is acidic; when an acid meets a base, it creates salt. Saltwater is a known laxative.
So there's that.

edit on 6/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Well, technically it's a 'purine alkaloid'.

Don't ask me to go any further than that im terms of chemistry or something. I only know such random bit of information because I found an introduction to botany textbook in a closet where my wife's first university apartment was and I for some reason read it cover to cover.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowf00t
Conspiracy or direct cause and effect?

When coffee is said to be; A diuretic? Meaning has the property of producing urination?

Coffee also has laxative effects...

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Funny, in the beginning of your op, I was thinking you were going with coffee is almost totally water and that is what makes urin. Then you changed to the influence of the sound of running water. If that were the case, all the relaxing videos of streams and waterfalls would have a similar effect.

I somehow think drinking the water has more to do with needing to go more than hearing water.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All I have to do is think about brewing up a pot and I'm dancing toward the bathroom. In fact, I just need to be near the coffee pot and the kitchen sink without any other thoughts.

I've heard people say it induces a bowel movement as well. I've never noticed this because I drink a lot of coffee daily and so any such effect is just a part of my daily routine.
edit on 11/6/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's absolutely true. Coffee means I go to pee all thirty minutes no coffee 3-5 hours.
It's sad, I love coffee but it gets just worse if I continue drinking for more than maybe a week per month.

At some point I left the house and had to go back even though I went right before I left. Like it builds up over time, don't know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join