It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excorcist Priest Warns Stay Away from Occult and Ouija Boards

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I messed with a Ouija board when i was in 8th grade and all i can say is, that thing is real. I don't care what anyone says. I know what I witnessed and so do the other 5 people i was with.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The occult, paranormal and Ouija boards (though I much prefer the non-trademarked name of "spirit board" are not inherently harmful and are not to be feared.

Yeah but, you can't trust information from the Ouija board. I overheard to guys in a bar saying "if you want divination truth
you need to learn how to read entrails from chickens and squirrels."

Does that sound right?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My dad told me a terribel story about a quija board i would never do it in a million years a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: komangwidiatmika

We love terrible stories around here... Care to share?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I used a Ouija board with friend of mine from India.

My question was simple : "Was I abducted by aliens?"

The pointer violently shot to YES instantly and I noped out of his apartment post haste and have no desire to touch the damned things again.

For the record I'm also Catholic and enjoy Harry Potter.

I've had extensive conversations about my magical perspectives and practices with the local Parish and since it mainly involves growing edible plant cooking cleaning and maintaining a clean and tidy hearth I was given a clean bill of health and sent on my way without incident.

I don't dabble with spirits because regardless if you view them as subconscious phenomena or real entities there are some doors better left locked and closed and forgotten about.

I had my own dealings with this phenomena as part of my schizophrenia and the pain and suffering of what some call demonic forces is very very real. My prayers afforded little respite but enabled me to endure the torment by keeping my mind focused on something positive and there are endless stories of Saints who endured all manner of trials in their lives, both of spiritual and mystical phenomena as well as persecution at the hands of others.

I've seen too many people lose themselves to certain occultic practices and many become obsessed and fall into a unhealthy and delusional worldview full of drama and mental illnesses.

Some can handle these things with no ill effects but others find themselves dealing with more than they bargained for and things can get out of hand quickly if the new practioner starts calling on powerful demonic forces as if they were nothing more than maidservants designed to cater to their every beck and call.

No one likes being woken up in the middle of a nice nap by some overzealous teenager using the occult as some sort of AI chat bot insisting on answers to stupid questions and it's no wonder bad things come from it.

Anyway that's just what I've gleaned over the years, make of it what you will.

Your experience may vary.

God Bless and Godspeed.

edit on 12/25/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

no kid. aliens don't abduct people. Humans do.

I'm so sorry, you are despite everything my favourite poster on here. I just joined because of you.
How you deal with it all?
You are a role model.

Big Fan of your work

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AvaGardener

Awww thanks! I'm totally blushing right now.

I still haven't figured out the whole alien visitation thing...multiple and varied manifestations of a variety of entities ranging from glowing energies in humanoid form to tangible material beings.

It's all very confusing trying to sort it out but as I explained to my therapist you can't touch hallucinations.

They're leaving me alone these days so I'm happy.

In regards to coping skills I deal with it one day at a time. The secret is focusing on and reinforcing the positive things in life and celebrating life's little blessings.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It works!

I still have bad days but they aren't as common.

Take care of yourself and focus on the ones who love. Take a nap if you're overwhelmed with stressor. Rest does wonders.

The less attention you give the negatives the less power they have over you.

Stay strong and don't let the bastards get you down.

Hugs!

edit on 12/25/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Try prayer to Jesus. I met with a Catholic Priest who was a Vatican trained Exorcist back in 2021 as he blessed our home. He also felt that I have been under spiritual attacked as a child in the 2nd grade.

He said that was odd as the demons typically dont go after kids. Just adults especially those who do good here on earth or represent the good.

I have Sleep Paralysis. I am NOT saying you do. This is just a potential help. Much is ducumented on a thread authored by SLED735 in Paranormal who has since passed on. I suggest that you read some of the stuff posted there as it may help you on your stuff as it appies to all paranormal.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I called out to Jesus constantly during these trial but it did absolutely no good. There was no miraculous intervention that alleviated the attacks.

My mind kept going back to The Book of James and I'm paraphrasing here because I'm posting from my phone so please forgive me.

"Consider it a great joy my brothers when you are faced with various trials. Because suffering creates endurance, that you may be full and complete. Lacking nothing."

That passage helped me whether the storm and helped me make it through the Dark Nights.

God works in mysterious ways and who am I to question his reasoning and methodologies?

I find it wonderful that Jesus is there for you in times of trouble, but for whatever reason beyond my comprehension we usually just smile and nod when we pass on the road in service of others.

He has work to do and I think it's more important that he tend to those he watches over of a more delicate constitution than my own.

Thanks for the kindness though.

Everything is gonna be A-OK.

Tough times don't last but tough people do.

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI2
"Should not a people consult their [living] God? Why should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?" Isaiah ch8 v19

And I would retort, what is it exactly that you fear the dead might tell us?

What harm can the dead do? Except tell a lie, or worse, the truth?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here's mine

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I've mentioned this story many, many times on ATS but I'll post it again.

When I was in highschool, probably grade 8/9, a bunch of us tried a Ouija board.

There was about 6 of us, I think, and we took turns putting our respective fingers on the pointer and asking questions. One of my mates 'discovered' his father had killed someone when his 'grandfather' apparently showed up to answer our questions.

Eventually my 'grandmother' was in the room and answering my questions and lo and behold, they were all correct. Wow, this was incredible, I thought.

However, i was still suspicious and started to ask things that were less black and white and the answers got vague. And it was weird how the pointer 'moved' by the spirits but needed us to be touching it.

Eventually I was not using it and 4 other people were. I then asked aloud if my nanny was still there. The pointer moved and said Yes. So I started asking questions only she would know about my dad. All were wrong. Weird. How come she didn't know? She's my dad's mum!

Oh, it could be a naughty spirit pretending, they said. Ok dokie. Was the spirit still here in the room? Yes, it pointed. Ok..

"How manh fingers am I holding up?" I asked allowed with my hand behind my back. It got it wrong every single time. How? It was "in the room", it can see.

Bollocks. The whole thing is horesh*t and is YOUR and your friends' subconsious. That's it. Nothing more. No ghosts or ghouls or spirits or demons -- it's all you.

So if you want to be scared of it, you're fearing your own mind.

Now, **IF** the pointer was moving, on its own, without anyone touching it - ok, NOW we have something. But as soon as a human lays a single finger on it, it's complete nonsense.

And I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the board could be used to cast spells on your enemies via the "spirits" available to ole voodoo Ouija.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoOneButMeAgain

Never will forget the time my and my buddy skipped school decided to play with a board , We were sitting at the kitchen table across from each other , All of a sudden the light started swaying back and forth then all the dishes in the china cabinet started shaking and falling over . We looked at each other and just ran out of the house we ran around the back and hid around the corner He picked up a shovel I looked at him and said wtf are you going to do with that it's already dead , He said well your going to see me crack whatever dead thing that comes around the corner in the head with this shovel .

Just then the neighbors were coming out of their front doors turns out it was a earthquake in Indiana lol
edit on 27-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I wonder if the board could be used to cast spells on your enemies via the "spirits" available to ole voodoo Ouija.

Under construction.... the ritual has been performed, and the curse has been sent on it's way.

edit on 28-12-2023 by lilzazz because: how you feelin

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join