It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shroud of Turin, Jesus' name is on it - new technology shows

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I recently discovered this updated info on the Shroud of Turin - amazing!

www.youtube.com...

I have this book, which is very detailed and elaborate explanation of why the Shroud is valid. It's difficult reading at times, but it convinced me.
www.amazon.ca...=sr_1_4?crid=705QT5CNKPL7&keywords=the+shroud+of+turin&qid=1698201043&sprefix= the+shroud+of+turin%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-4

And so, when I found the video as noted above, I thought others might be interested, find it to be valid as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BukkaWukka

I was fortunate to attend a lecture back in the 80s by a team that went to examine the Shroud from Sandia National Labs.

After hearing what they reported, I believe something miraculous happened with the Shroud.

They ruled out anything being absorbed by the cloth, oil, paint, etc. The image was not painted on. There is human blood and spleen fluid on the cloth. There is pollen on the cloth that matches samples from the ME at the period of time that Jesus is said to have lived.

They could not say what left the image but the phenomenon of images being left on white building surfaces from humans at Hiroshima seems to have been repeated on the Shroud. From the inside out. A very bright burst of light.

I believe it was left for this period of time.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, so what was the actual name revealed on the shroud? It could not have been Jesus because the letter J had not been invented 2000 years ago.

Again. What was the actual name?

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
Ok, so what was the actual name revealed on the shroud? It could not have been Jesus because the letter J had not been invented 2000 years ago.

Again. What was the actual name?

YAHWEH doesn't have a J in it. The name was considered so sacred that they couldn't spell it in its entirety or write it, so it was YHWH in the texts.

It means Lord.

I'm considered a heathen because I'm not Christian at all, but I do read.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I bet his mom wrote it.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenarii

The claim isn't that the name written was "YAHWEH"

It's amazing what they can pick out when they look really close at gibberish and noise.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Shroud is real. Its all real.

Only a blind man doubts the truth of The Written Word of God in These Times.

You can see the truth of it all around you.

Human ego blinds men.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Shroud of Turin is a fake from medieval France.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTwizzle

Human ego blinds men.

What times would that be?

Ego does blind but then again so does magical thinking and religious gobbledygook.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It has also been dated to a range of 1260 to 1390 CE.

Which places it perfectly around the time of the brutal torture and execution of Jacques de Molay in 1307.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

The video narrator says, "the name of Jesus was written in Latin and in Greek". It did not explain deeper as to was it written as Yeshua. Most people in today's world call him Jesus, my guess anyway as to why they used the name Jesus when narrating his name.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

I believe you are correct, re: it was left for this period of time.

The more that technology develops, the more we learn about the evidence of God. It's amazing.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Notsoinvisiblecorner

Those were previous tests, on pieces of linen that were used to repair the shroud after a fire.

Again, modern technology is showing evidence that it is the real deal.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm not disputing that its real.

Could linen last for close to 2000 years after being exposed to bodily enzymes and oils, is another question tho.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Notsoinvisiblecorner

I'm pretty sure they can. Especially if cared for correctly. People protected the linens at all costs. The book I read went into detail about its whereabouts ever since being retrieved from the tomb.

Sorry, I tend to write bluntly and don't mean to sound argumentative. I always have a million things going on around me and try to get my responses out or else I might lose my chance entirely. Hope I didn't make you feel like you had to defend yourself
Have a great night!

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The shroud first emerged historically in 1354, when it is recorded in the hands of a famed knight, Geoffroi de Charnay, seigneur de Lirey. In 1389, when it went on exhibition.

Why would the pope of the time declare, "it is not an actual historic relic"

No need to apologise for being blunt, I have the same affliction

edit on 25-10-2023 by Notsoinvisiblecorner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notsoinvisiblecorner
It has also been dated to a range of 1260 to 1390 CE.

Which places it perfectly around the time of the brutal torture and execution of Jacques de Molay in 1307.

That dating was from materials around the edges from where it was repaired. Your claim has been debunked long ago. Get with the times.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notsoinvisiblecorner

The shroud first emerged historically in 1354, when it is recorded in the hands of a famed knight, Geoffroi de Charnay, seigneur de Lirey. In 1389, when it went on exhibition.

Why would the pope of the time declare, "it is not an actual historic relic"

No need to apologise for being blunt, I have the same affliction

Because the pope of that time doesn't know everything?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   

it's analysed it is a forgery

link

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mendix

originally posted by: TheTwizzle

Human ego blinds men.

What times would that be?

Ego does blind but then again so does magical thinking and religious gobbledygook.

Gosh idk, I guess I can't think of anything different about the last 100 or so years compared to the entire existence of humanity or especially the last 25 or so years. Nope. Nothing different or special about the times we live in.

This is all normal.

This is fine.

You people are too much 😂

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join