It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans nominate Mike Johnson for House speaker after Emmer's withdrawal, desperate to end chaos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Tuesday Oct.24
frontier.yahoo.com...

Rep. Tom Emmer withdraws bid for House speaker hours after winning GOP nomination

Republican Tom Emmer abruptly abandoned his bid to become House speaker Tuesday, withdrawing hours after winning the internal party nomination once it became clear he would not have enough support from GOP colleagues for the gavel.

Emmer, the GOP Whip, reversed course after Donald Trump objected to his nomination and hardliners in the House denied the party leader the votes he would need.

He is the third Republican to fall short, leaving dejected Republicans no closer to resolving the chaos they have created since ousting Kevin McCarthy at the start of the month.

Does anyone here think that Daddy Donny, no, make that Grampa Donny might still try to get the vote for himself?

edit on Fri Oct 27 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit to use source title

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it. He's already stated that he wants to focus on the presidential election. He has the attention span of a 2 year old with ADHD. He would never work out as House Speaker. Hell, I could do a better job than any of the yahoos in congress.

But on the other hand, he likes to keep people guessing, so he may just come out and do it just to "spite the liberals" or whatever. He's that kind of dickhead.

He, like congress, is a total trainwreck. It is quite entertaining though. Kind of like what's going on with this site.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefDDeux

I bet you two are some of those idiots that say s hit like The POTUS has nothing to do with the economy but Biden inherited Trumps bad economy...
idiots
edit on 24-10-2023 by alienjuggalo22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Whatever gets him on the "front page". It's either get thrown in jail for Contempt of Court or for being the next best thing to Jesus Christ! LOL, 'cuz he just recently said that only Jesus Christ could "pull off" the speaker job!

LOL...Says a LOT about Nancy Pelosi, doesn't it!

Maybe he'll do both, get jailed and run for Speaker.

edit on 24-10-2023 by sookiechachazback because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sookiechachazback

Whatever gets him on the "front page". It's either get thrown in jail for Contempt of Court or for being the next best thing to Jesus Christ! LOL, 'cuz he just recently said that on Jesus Christ could "pull off" the speaker job!

LOL...Says a LOT about Nancy Pelosi, doesn't it!

Maybe he'll do both, get jailed and run for Speaker.

When did you guys all start believing every word the government says.

Thats what you are big government fu cking morons

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Remember when you believed in Russian collusion? There is no limit to your idiocy.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Come on McGoof.
Why should Trump take 3rd in line to the presidency when he is going to be the next president?
Doesn’t make much sense even for you Liberals.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo22

There we are with the ''you guys'' stuff. ''You guys you guys you buys''. It's like a mantra drummed in to your head from somewhere. Could it be that you yourself are so cornered into the ''us'' and ''them'' that you cannot see beyond that?

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo22

I bet you two are some of those idiots that say s hit like The POTUS has nothing to do with the economy but Biden inherited Trumps bad economy...
idiots

Naw, go away troll. Loser

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The word around the Capitol earlier today is that Mike Johnson would be the next designate. The GOP are currently in conference to see if it's possible for him to get the votes. If he's not able to get the votes, I'm guessing there's going to be serious talks about working with the Dems.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV663

He would to impress his peoples. Volunteer to have himself nominated for temporary service in the house, maybe win the nomination and then when the vote went against him he could scream, see see see, there, right there are the rinos who are responsible for the failing House and indeed the entire nation. He has said he would you know, if asked.

As well, your question could be a more valid question if one believes that he was even capable of making rational decisions.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Does anyone here think that Daddy Donny, no, make that Grampa Donny might still try to get the vote for himself?

Is this what you call him...privately Terry?

Rent

Free

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

And how do you vision this might play out? What could they offer the D's for enough votes to swing it as a compromise so that the pants pissing from peanut gallery would not matter. I know we have discussed this last week but that was last week before it has become publicly clear as it is becoming now. Let's see how Johnson fairs.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Oh shucks Anchor, you ferreted me out, I thought I was running deep cover.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Tom Emmer is a George Soros Shill and has come out in Favor of getting Rid of the Electoral College . A Uniparty Stooge . No Way the Reps give this Scumbag the Speakership and he Knows it .

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
now you can add Emmer to the RINOS who won't vote for any GOPer to be speaker. The "Grand ole Party" is so divided that business as usual is an impossibility.

I much prefer "people like you" to "you guys" this ain't highschool.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well there's not going to be a vote tonight. So I'm guessing Johnson doesn't have the votes.

I'm sure the Dems would be willing to vote for a Speaker that guarantees them aid to Israel & Ukraine, as well as putting forward the bipartisan spending bill that was agreed to over the summer.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Yeah, like you is much better I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Like you fu cking morons dont say bad shi t about Trump and his supporters . Fu cking cry babies

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefDDeux

originally posted by: alienjuggalo22

idiots

Naw, go away troll. Loser
Blow me mental patient moron

You are mad at your dad not Trump deal with that

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join