It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

203 Exorcists and 100 Auxiliary Exorcists From All Continents Met in Rome

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This was a fascinating read. Unlike with fundamentalist Protestants and their 'deliverance ministries', in the Catholic Church only specially appointed priests can be official exorcists and there are very few of them because of the high standards and probably because of interest level of the parish priests. For example, here in the Wilmington, Delaware diocese, there is ONE and he has his perish two hours away from here in Southern Delaware. Ever wonder what Catholic exorcists talk about when they get together? Well, there is an official group called The International Association of Exorcists (IAE), officially sanctioned by the Catholic Church, and they had a convention. They talked about where the authority for exorcism comes from, who can receive and engage in exorcisms, dangers that people get into that cause the need for exorcisms, can exorcisms be performed on atheists, etc etc

This article gives a synopsis of the speakers at that convention and what they talked about.
Some examples of the speakers and what they talked about are quoted.

203 Exorcists and 100 Auxiliary Exorcists From All Continents Met in Rome - Click to Read Article

Exorcist and Canonist Piermario Burgotalked about the possibility of pronouncing exorcisms on non-Catholics, whether Christians of other Confessions, believers of other religions or atheists. Once they have made a free request and having verified the real need, the Church offers her help, through the exorcist’s ministry, avoiding decidedly any proselytizing attitude towards the victims of the Evil One. In these cases, which due to the phenomenon of emigration are increasing in Europe and in the American Continent, the exorcist must always follow the indications of the Bishop on whom he depends.

Father Burgo addressed again the question whether it is licit or not to command demons without being an exorcist. Starting from data of theological anthropology, the speaker recalled how every man in God’s grace is hierarchically superior to all demons, without exception. Hence, a Christian is prohibited to be afraid of the devil, whom, on the contrary, he must despise. Therefore, in cases of need and emergency situations, knowing what is being done, it’s not improper and in itself dangerous to command the devil to cease his troubling action nor does the Church prohibit doing so. This does not authorize someone who isn’t an exorcist to make use of the Ritual of Exorcisms or to make us of Leo XIII’s Exorcism, as established at the time by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, whereas, in order to alleviate suffering, it’s licit, for example, that a spouse or a parent, praying, trusting in the Lord and with the certainty that he is fulfilling his duty, commands the devil to cease his troubling action

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

S&F for the read.
This is what ATS is all about.
Top work.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

They should start their exorcisms in the Vatican and then move on to DC.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Yeah, "Pope Francis" should be first.
He says he's 'honored' when Americans say they don't like him.
Pfffft. He's no St. Pope John Paul II ... that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I recently listened to a podcast where they mentioned a priest called Corrado Balducci never heard of that priest but presumably one of or the best in exorcism within the Vatican.

What interested me the most was that he didn't correlated extraterrestrials with daemons or evil spirits , angels or any other biblical figures as well as could understand from what I've heard?

Maybe I want to research this priest and what he did and believed and his motivation and thoughts about all these mysterious things

Balducci reportedly "defended the existence of extraterrestrial life, and invited the Catholic Church to reconsider its position on this issue".[2] Balducci told a 1998 magazine interviewer that he believed "UFO entities were not demonic" and that they should be investigated by science "and not the world of angels or the Virgin Mary or the demons...not as a divine or demonic incident, but a physical reality

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A body can contain a lot of fluids that can be brought out.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
What interested me the most was that he didn't correlated extraterrestrials with daemons or evil spirits , angels or any other biblical figures as well as could understand from what I've heard?

Aliens are a physical reality. Demons are spiritual entities. Two different things.
It's the fundamentalist protestants who you hear 'aliens are demons' from.
Not the Catholics.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sweet! I met and chatted with a well-known exorcist, Fr. Cliff Ermatinger, once. I wonder if he went or if he was too busy with work. He travels to South America a lot to help people there. Cool post, FlyersFan!

A part of one of Ermatinger's lectures
edit on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 12:06:11 -0500000000k06pm by rukia because: added some material for those interested

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's quite the minority that believe Aliens will be Demons in disguise, it's just that a fair few of them find their way here to ATS...

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

It's quite the minority that believe Aliens will be Demons in disguise, it's just that a fair few of them find their way here to ATS...

Honestly, I don't know what they are, but anything is possible, right? Who knows.

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Aliens are a physical reality. Demons are spiritual entities. Two different things.
It's the fundamentalist protestants who you hear 'aliens are demons' from.
Not the Catholics.

As for spiritual versus physical, we are all spiritual and everything is aether/energy. So even though there's a physical reality, it's all spiritual in nature. Tesla and Einstein did a lot of work into radiant aether and static aether, if you're interested in learning more. They disagreed with each other, but I think the answer is a mix of both of their findings.

>Tesla's Theory of Raidant Aether
>Einstein's conversion from a static universe to an expanding one

edit on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 12:14:22 -0500000000k14pm by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

He's like, look at all the fukz I give.

edit on 12-10-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Some people confuse aliens with inter-dimensionals or spirits.

My understanding is that they are not the same. Allow me to explain.

To me, an alien would be a biological entity from another planet, that would have to be very intelligent to be able to travel here.

It's possible that all life has a spiritual really, aka a soul. Souls can be living or purely spiritual, aka in transition. Demons and angels are malevolent and benevolent souls, similar to the nature of humans.

Therefore, it makes sense that aliens would have souls as well. Technically, we would all be considered inter-dimensionals.

This information has been taught and preserved by ancient Hindus in the holy book of the Bhagivad Gita.

edit on 12-10-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Yeah, "Pope Francis" should be first.
Pfffft. He's no St. Pope John Paul II ... that's for sure.

Maybe they should also exorcise some of the rich and powerful. It's odd that they seem to live so much longer than the average person, but I guess they have far better medical care than us and probably can afford to forgo eating the chemically poisoned GMO crap and don't drink the tainted water or live on contaminated superfund sites.

Bill Cosby, Pelosi, Waters, McConnell, Soros, Schwab, Kissinger, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Grassley and so many more could all use a good exorcism. They've done more than enough damage for three lifetimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA
That's an interesting view, I'm still exploring what it all means with all the entities that cross our lives from folkloric and ancient things to theology and everything in it .

But I think to have found some evidence, but that could change if new things start to appear that I didn't think of , nevertheless its all very complex

edit on 0b59America/ChicagoThu, 12 Oct 2023 14:10:59 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 12 Oct 2023 14:10:59 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Right , didn't know that both had different views on that topic.

Aliens are a physical reality

Although I would agree with you on that , I've seen some pictures that makes me doubtful about that, nevertheless they need whole lot of priests that do these exorcism because evil has really brought the scale out of balance these days in the world

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I agree that all sentient creation has a spiritual reality.

The Bhagivad Gita was an interesting book. Kinda creepy, though. I hypothesize that maybe it serves to blaspheme the Holy Trinity. Sure, I realize that might sound extreme, but Hinduism is akin to pagan practices.

Why do you surmise that those entities (and the entities in Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Egyptian, Sumerian, Greco-Roman, & Nordic [etc.] mythos) aren't demonic? I think it makes sense that if those myths are true, then those entities were clearly malevolent. They sure weren't kind and fun-loving with all of the blood sacrifices!

If aliens aren't another literal life form from this planet or another habitable one--or us from the future or something--then I'm going to say they're likely a part of the invisible (spiritual) war between good and evil.

Although it's usually an invisible war between powers and principalities, that doesn't mean they don't have a physical form if they're meant to at the time. Angels and demons aren't human, after all. So the typical rules of physical or immaterial reality wouldn't apply to them.

Look at the prophet Ezekiel/Ezechiel and the tetramorph that he witnesses in the Bible as a potential example of what aliens might be. Also, the 1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg woodcut is another prime example of hundreds of witnesses to a battle in the sky. While I am simply theorizing, I've studied this type of thing formally in school in different classes and across various fields.

That said, I'm NOT surprised that aliens weren't brought up. Fact is, we simply don't know enough at this point to decide one way or the other. In addition, they probably have to discuss the Church's position on such things, moving forward. So I think it's quite likely that they'll discuss aliens publicly in the future.

edit on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:21:51 -0500000000k21pm by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

they need whole lot of priests that do these exorcism because evil has really brought the scale out of balance these days in the world

Yes, from what I've been reading at Catholic sites and sources, exorcists are very busy these days.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

with all of the blood sacrifices

the thing is that Christians are all up for blood sacrifice.. Look at the killing of Jesus. Even God was up for it. Even worse some Christians like to drink the blood in remembrance.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

The Bhagivad Gita was an interesting book. Kinda creepy, though. I hypothesize that maybe it serves to blaspheme the Holy Trinity. Sure, I realize that might sound extreme, but Hinduism is akin to pagan practices.

I disagree with that hypothesis.

After reading the Bhagivad Gita, my understanding is that ancient Hinduism was monotheistic at it's core, with the Supreme Personality of Godhead basically being the same entity as the Judeo-Christian God. The Gita explains that all of our reality is made up of two energies, inferior physical energy and superior spiritual energy, all of which is God, and that we are all part and parcel of God.

On the subject of aliens, I have not seen any evidence that advanced intelligent life has visited Earth, and I'm of the opinion that most of the alien phenomena can be explained by advanced man-made technology programs that are being kept secret, and in some cases natural occurrences.

edit on 12-10-2023 by IndieA because: Added info

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I've contemplated the things you said to come back on some points you mentioned

To me, an alien would be a biological entity from another planet, that would have to be very intelligent to be able to travel here.

For them in their evolution and the level of intelligence could be equally similar to our time , like we drive cars but we didn't make them but use them simply by teaching how to operate them as flying aircraft's and rockets it doesn't say much about intelligence?

It's possible that all life has a spiritual really, aka a soul. Souls can be living or purely spiritual, aka in transition. Demons and angels are malevolent and benevolent souls, similar to the nature of humans.

Therefore, it makes sense that aliens would have souls as well. Technically, we would all be considered inter-dimensionals.

Now this is an interesting point that stays a little within this topic as I sometimes think to see is that spirits on itself could already be in the interdimensional realm and state as also paused in evolutionary progression that maybe could be only evolving when in a body and operating environment like Earth.

Meaning that the extraterrestrial or interdimensional spirit has evolved on their space and time and environment to have learned to control the astral spiritual body or even technological creating bodies to possess on different planets the so called "Avatars"

Now we've learned about multidimensional space as heaven could be one of those places dimension where souls are being held in a dream state or even closely related or connected with their home planet and loved ones constantly reminding life.

Souls to me are energy with memories and unique characters lets say the dna of a souls doesn't change quickly over time, malevolent or benevolent it made its choices when in full body of flesh as biology on earth by the experiences it had gone through?

Now not every soul is powerful enough to stir something in the physical world , but some souls sure can do more and powerful things within the physical world , meaning they evolved in the spiritual world to something either granted or ancient enough to have recycled mamy lives, and that also works on both malevolent as benevolent ways?

I know or think to know or just observed by researching this stuff that souls are spherical and relatively small going in and out the infrared spectrum where mostly they can be seen operating. But the ones that are dark barely hold the light or even are completely invisible to the infrared spectrum those are the most dangerous ones I think.

Do I believe al this as what I've resembled so far to believe what's going on?

For now in my eyes seems plausible but seeing those things only raises more questions as always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join