It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samhain activities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good morning witch folk out there! Samhain is almost here! How many out there are excited for the new year! I know I am. What are some of the things my brother's and sisters are doing to celebrate the upcoming holiday?? Or if any beginners out there have any questions about observing this awesome pagan holiday let me know!! I am all about passing knowledge, blessed be!

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I would LOVE to have something to do, but I live in a sh#itty town with nothing.
The local psychic shop has a party, but few ever attend and it costs money.
I will probably stay in and binge watch some T.V. or play videogames.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well there's tons of stuff you can do on your own to feel more connected to the holiday. Do you want some ideas? That's sucks that your on your own for the holiday, sometimes our hometown do suck and some of us get ridiculed for practicing our craft so that's understandable, but you have a friend here let me know how I can support you.a reply to: TheValeyard

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Also what video games do you play and what platform? I'm a gamer to maybe we can game sometime?a reply to: TheValeyard

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyNiC970
Good morning witch folk out there! Samhain is almost here! How many out there are excited for the new year! I know I am. What are some of the things my brother's and sisters are doing to celebrate the upcoming holiday?? Or if any beginners out there have any questions about observing this awesome pagan holiday let me know!! I am all about passing knowledge, blessed be!

Welcome to ATS.

Don't ask us to ask you to create an OP, just do it. You can probably still edit this OP and add a lot of info into it, links and what not. Tell us what Samhain is, how it's celebrated and what the meaning of it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So this post was a question to other wtches and practitioners, asking what they are doing for the holidays, I'm not really interested in info dumping so if someone wants to know I will tell them, I would create a whole different post or thread to explain details about the holiday this was more to just find out what my brothers and sisters are doing for the holidaya reply to: Mahogany

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you ever play Destiny 2, I'm practially always online. It's a first person shooter, kinda like Halo, but it does have magic!
My main character is an undead warlock! Screen name is KazmerKing.

a reply to: CyNiC970

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've been playing destiny since d1 closed beta lol, I don't know if you can send a private message here with your gamertag or not? But if there's is send ita reply to: TheValeyard

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hello, Earth mother goddess and so forth.

I'm not personally initiated, but almost was part of some BTW-inspired Sect of Dionysus something or other.

I love this witches sabbat though. Mostly I FREAKING LOVE the Latino-Catholic varient. It's the Santeria that makes Dios de los Muertos my favorite part.

Love the macabre art, and how they kept alive the pagan folk traditions of reverence to death and the dead. The official Momento Mori holiday even today. It's beautiful.

I know Ostara is supposed to be most naturally beautiful of pagan sabbats, with its pastel colors and hares. Most people don't know that the Easter Bunny is a reference to the goddess Eostre. It was such a great female primacy (in reference to nature) celebration until it was corrupted by a zombie guy nailed to wood.

So that's why I love Samhain/Halloween/Day of the Dead more, it retains the most pagan roots of any stolen/christianized holiday.
edit on 3-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Happy Samhain

Never initiated.
I'll probably have a skeleton on the door, dress in casual everyday witch outfit and give candy to monsters and ghouls on the eve of.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

yea gtfo ... Blessed be

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Christians do not celebrate or participate in Halloween.

a reply to: Degradation33

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

i'm doing another 'vision Quest ... this time i hope to witness the creation of a simulacrum / egragor entity from the coven operating for the tactical operations of the recently gathered of SDG AGENDA 2030 the NWO Sustainable Development Goals... totaling 17 factors including depopulation goals up to 95% of selected populations by 2030 deadline

creating elementals would not work... what is needed is a monster thought entity or spirit-of-the-times (zeitgeist ] for the work needed done for march 2027 events to take place

related video + one hour: www.youtube.com...
edit on rd31169638424703502023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Don't count Catholics?

They celebrate All Saints Day/All Souls Day (The Day of the Dead), but the lineage is absolutely a corruption/adaptation of the pagan sabbat Samhain. Halloween came from All Hollows Eve. All christianized pagan holidays.

Sorta like how Beltane turned into May Day
Imbolc and Candlemas turned into Groundhog Day
Yule and Saturnalia turned to Christmas
Ostara turned into Easter.

There's an entire etymology of corruption of specifically pagan holidays by Christians/Catholics to wash it of its obvious seasonal overtones.

You can reject this if you want...
edit on 3-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There's an initiation for Samhain? What is that? Something along the lines of a Wiccan initiation? I'm just unsure of the continuity of things and how all that works.

I probably won't be doing much personally but I might do a bit meditating then drinking if it comes to it. It's a good time of the year to have fires and have an autumn clean of sorts. Glut would be a good word to describe this time of year historically and since Samhain was a communal event with similar loose themes throughout culture and history I tend to like the idea of doing something similar.

So if I do something I'd think a communal fire of sorts, get rid of some old wood. Feed and water whoever is there with the excess of this year's harvest. I might even do that Zoroastrian-esque using of the fire's embers to light a flame indoors, I say Zoroastrianesque because I'm fairly sure nobody is keeping continuous flames in the house any more. The symbolism isn't lost on me though.

For me it's the time of year for brewing too. Samhain/Halloween is a great opportunity to empty some old kegs, sample the new and give some generous "offerings" to those held dear.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
most of this stuff was crafted a century ago by the folkorists. areas that still celebrate various incarnations of the older traditions have an evolution that inseparably entwines paganism and Christianity into modern folklorism,

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

A bit like building a Tor on a hill?

I wonder on the origins more and on that note I'd say we've all got our origin stories.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not sure why people are talking about initiation, lol the energy that surrounds the earth, the magick we use doesn't care.if your initiated or not, why should anyone, the rite of initiation was only really held by strict disciplines within the wiccan world like Gardnerian. Even if you are not initiated, you can practice freely, celebrate all pagan holidays freely. a reply to: RAY1990

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Initiated? Why does everyone think they have to be initiated nowadays lol you do you , I'm not formerly initiated but I've been working and studying my craft for almost 20 years, don't let something like an antiquated ritual hold you back you celebrate how you want to celebrate, I support youa reply to: Degradation33

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

yes the cathedral of the downs is similar it sits on a small raised flint walled mound that was a pre Christian site of worship.. Afriston is also home to one of the earliest Anglo-Saxon grave yards, notable for the large number of the burials in the manner of early Christians especially feet/head orientation.. that dates from when bede considered the king of Sussex the first wielder of Britain.

as a chalk/flint landscape the rings and standing stones like most holy sites where repurposed somewhere in the churches or church yard continuing their holy nature, it can be interesting finding them but they are inextricably linked, but it play into the concept of silly Sussex which is from the saxon selig meaning holy.

as a roman Catholic with a mother who practiced the Christian magics, I've found it all very fascinating, the disparity between early Christian Britain and the intrusion of Rome much later and its various evolutions even form into modern celebrations like pride.

Take this thread and go Samhain to bonfire, the heart of bonfire in England is in Sussex and at the heart is not just bonfire prayers but prayers to the dead, most hold their commemorations at a Saxon cross (looks like a Celtic cross) so its heart hasn't changed nor been usurped by all hallows eve now Halloween..

but if we think of pride its not unique or new as its an obvious evolution of the bonfire traditions from when the bonfire boyes and girls started swapping clothes to prevent arrest by the uptight for continuing to celebrate traditions they wanted expunged, even now wider society wants such events shut down.. the "you can't do that" hasn't changed.

and that spiders out and shapes other traditions like Lamas in Eastbourne or jack in the green in Hastings as each town takes on a celebration to make its own, as pride was taken on by Brighton as there is an internal support matrix that keeps these things going no matter what or who is in power..

the reason this is important is that this is the region the mother of modern witchcraft gathered her spells from Christian folk magic and Aleister Crowley practiced his art, but it is also where Vaughan Williams collected tunes like the tune from the peace song "our captain" that became "to be a pilgrim" so its that eclectic mix of having offering for both paganism and Christianity after 1500 years they are a pretty inseparable mix, while we can see the footprints the originals and its origins lost to time as ours will be in 1500 years time.
edit on 4-10-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join