It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misinformation is actually the missing information

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon
a reply to: andy06shake

Either way none of the above equates to truth, which requires actual facts and evidence to back up claims.

So the fact that facts and evidence can be covered up, hidden,
lied about and deflected as "Conspiracy theory" or even ignored.
Changes the truth?

Please tell me how this works for anyone but those hiding the
truth?

And the truth has never been a claim. That's why it's called "The truth and nothing but the truth"

What?

I think you misunderstand; he's saying Disinformation and Misinformation are not equal to truth. They aren't.

Misinformation could sill have evidence and data to suggest it's true; that information could be old and outdated as environments and circumstances change. In other words; misinformation could have been true at one point; but is no longer.

Yes, truth's are hidden often for nefarious gain; this is the same as telling a lie. I.E. Disinformation.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

In my reading of the discussion, nobody here is trying to advance a cause. Yes, much of the discussion has revolved around defining terms, but why is that a bad thing? If the discussion will mean anything at all, shouldn’t we strive for consensus?

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: QRST4

In my reading of the discussion, nobody here is trying to advance a cause. Yes, much of the discussion has revolved around defining terms, but why is that a bad thing? If the discussion will mean anything at all, shouldn’t we strive for consensus?

How much of the OT has been discussed when anyone who wasn't born yesterday could tell from the title what was being discussed? Yes, the OP could have put quotes around the word "misinformation" for those not getting it, but you can't do that in the title.

I understand definitions in many cases, but it (the title) was pretty obviously a play on words, but some felt like being Merriam and Webster to be "right". Page two and nothing more than bickering about what is obvious from the OP title. That is the very definition of sliding a thread. And now I am feeling icky for adding to the slide.

edit on 30-9-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about the international health regulations where the WHO dictates the policy of nations that haven’t out right rejected the amendments?

I think the OP should have at least highlighted some points in the video they linked.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There's no such thing as misinformation..

Only truth and lies.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think I see what you mean. I was going by the actual content of thread discussion, not the video, which wasn’t summarized all that well by the OP. At any rate, as far as ATS bickering goes, I’d call this rather mild. Jaunty, even.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Since I posted this in the diseases and pandemics forum then it is of course about the corruption concerning vaccines, etc.

If people listen to the video they will understand the meaning of this topic!

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Everyone knows exactly what you are talking about, but they are choosing to play a literal definition game to slide the thread for the "Cause".

For those being deliberately obtuse or with an agenda, the label "misinformation" has been applied heavily and often to anything that goes against the official narrative. That is the misinformation referred to -- labeling truth as misinformation to bury it. Put your dictionaries away.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

As with most of us, 'God's will' isn't something we can easily let go of. We think we are more powerful.

I will probably offend some here, but while travelling in an Islamic country, the expression 'Insha'Allah' which means 'In God's will', is often used rather than 'goodbye' and means 'maybe'.

So 'I will see you next Tuesday at 4:00'. Response 'Insha'Allah'.

One of the treasures I brought home with me.
edit on 9/30/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I see it as the Zeitgeist of Stupidity.

Best example: "What is a woman".

I am not in favor of discarding the meaning of words just because some are not educated. It is, in a way, like saying math is cruel because not everyone is good in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkyAngel

Off course, those of us awake , know that the 'misinformation' is the truth they want to keep hidden . They don't want the truth /hidden agendas exposed because people would wake up in droves.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If people listen to the video they will understand the meaning of this topic!

Oh look that explains my first post in this discussion.

Then apparently developed a sudden weakness for going completely off the rails.

For which I apologize.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Misinformation is incorrect or misleading information.

It differs from disinformation, which is deliberately deceptive and propagated information which is possibly what you mean.

Either way none of the above equates to truth, which requires actual facts and evidence to back up claims.

If someone has an agenda , that they don't want exposed no matter what as it would reveal true motives (like behind the plandemic) , they will villify and slander truthspeakers as liars, immediately label any truth as 'misinformation/disinformation', and try to shut them down. Everybody know that you can't trust a psychopath/narccisist, as they will lie and have their own self-serving agenda. We can agree that all , if not most, politicians and CEOs , and others in position of power are psychopaths/narcs. They are the ones behind the plandemic, at a minimum, in conjuction with the WHO/WEF , with the agenda being agenda21/agenda30. They want to keep that hidden off course as it exposes their evi intents. Just understanding human nature should be all the proof you need.
And no matter how many times people here share videos , also from doctors as above, people still won't admit it as evidence. That's just sticking your head in the sand because you can't face the truth. The truth hurts.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

I see it as the Zeitgeist of Stupidity.

Best example: "What is a woman".

I am not in favor of discarding the meaning of words just because some are not educated. It is, in a way, like saying math is cruel because not everyone is good in it.

I agree completely with your general premise. However, in this case, the OP title was a play on words which by definition ignores the literal definition.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Has everyone signed the petition??

Anyone?
edit on 30-9-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Must have escaped me during translation or lack of a detection mechanism for stuff like this.

Nevermind!

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Misinformation is incorrect or misleading information.

It differs from disinformation, which is deliberately deceptive and propagated information which is possibly what you mean.

Correct, that's how I see it too.

Being misinformed can be a state, being disinformed is an ongoing process, not a state.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm very sad that the discussion is not about the topic of the video presented, did any one but me even watch the video? or look into the topic that it covers.

Most of you deserve what is coming, accept it.

a reply to: surfer_soul

sorry i stand corrected, at least one person watched the video
edit on 30pm30100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

I watched it.

Redacted did a similar one a few hours ago.....I watched that as well.

edit on 30-9-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Did you see and then sign the petition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join