It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal studies group

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The great thing is you can! Some of my favorite workshops are Kundalini awakening workshops. It does take time to awaken your inner energy but it can be done, with meditationand visualization techniques as well as altering your diet a small amount to help decalcify your pineal gland( third eye ) it is quite a journey to do the work but the reality will amaze you! I recommend picking up some books first, a really good one is becoming supernatural by Dr. Joe Dispenza, also a 5 book series on kundalini awakening by Jennifer Williams, besides that, lots of meditation, mantras, mudras and yogic movement really help speed this process up, but start with books so you can familiarize yourself with what Kundalini really is....any more questions please dont hesitate to askreply to: BeTheGoddess

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Take a look at the world.

Thieves, murderers, rapists, doctors, politicians, citizens, chefs, plumbers, children..

People of all walks of life, benevolent and malevolent.

The point is, they all think they are right.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sorry I'm just trying to find the point your trying to make, no offense but was there a point?a reply to: Untun

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CyNiC970
I don't know what point untun was trying to make, but the "people from all walks of life think they are right" does seem relevant to this thread, just look at the posts. People talking about the paranormal don't agree with each other on what's right, apparently because the paranormal is not knowable is a way that has verifiable consistency.

Contrast that with a topic which is not paranormal, then we know longer have this "people from all walks of life think they are right" phenomenon, but rather people from all walks of life can do the same science experiment and get the same scientific results (within the experimental margin of error). In my view, we would still be in the "dark ages" as the world used to be, where "people from all walks of life think they are right", based on apparently not much more than their personal beliefs and experiences, if not for science which allowed us to test beliefs that are falsifiable or verifiable. Obviously we have made tremendous advances in science, so it works, as a means of "knowing something" which doesn't depend on a person's personal, and unverifiable beliefs.

So I'm reading though all the comments in this thread, seeing all these different points of view on these topics, trying to decide who if anybody is actually correct. Maybe everybody is correct in their own mind according to his or her own world view, but I'm looking for truths that go beyond one individual's mind, some kind of universal truths that apply to everybody, and are not so subjective that everybody can make contradictory claims as they've done here, with no way that I can see to resolve who is actually correct.

But if someone says, "but my way is right, and I can prove it", then it gets interesting to me, because if that is true, then you know longer have to say it's paranormal, if you can really prove it, and it's verifiable. And that is tye type of thing that interests me, anything that can actually be verified. Outside of that, when 3 different people tell me 3 different things about magick, and they don't agree with each other, how would I know which one to believe? Or can I believe any of them?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think I may be able to shed some light on this, the statement I was replying to held certain negative vibes about it, in the magical realm there is no right and wrong there is no black and white, there are many different traditions that practice different rites and rituals during different moon phases and seasons, some practice alone, some practice in groups, some have strict guidelines to follow and some have a more relaxed vibe and don't rely so much on ceremony. I personally have studied many different traditions and aspects of witchcraft and backwoods medicine for a number of years and I agree there is tons of different information out there and it is the responsibility of the researcher, student, practitioner etc. To follow how they choose, much like modernized religion, you take out of it what you put in. Now for the verifiable proof, energy exists and can be manipulated...anwitches journey into magick is all about studying how the transference of energy works. Also intention is very important following the laws of attraction, this law is very important to magick users. Now speaking of energy again and the abilities to manipulate it. You have to raise.your bodies own vibrational energy to tune it to the natural frequency of the earths vibrations therefore giving you access to change and use it, there is a process called kundalini, it's a yogic practice that uses body movement or mudras, breathing and speaking called mantras, and meditation using those techniques is a proven process to raise your energy level to be more sympathetic to the energy around you, there is a really good book I have read in the past called "Becoming Supernatural" by Dr. Joe Dispenza, started off as a skeptic and was amazed by what the human mind and body could do with the right conditioning, now take everything with a grain of salt and formulate your opinions based off of reasearch...i hope maybe some of this might answer some questions? If not message me and we can speak more in detail.a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I assume it's a path of balances manifesting outcomes, it's where life takes you.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yes, that's the idea at a basic level, but yeah nail on the heada reply to: Untun

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

This seems confused. Were we even talking about the same thing? I was referring to beings. If you were speaking of angels and demons in terms of moral character, then you ought to have properly defined these concepts from the onset!

"This could explain why an angel can turn into a demon, a demon into a human, and a human into an angel." There are no such things as "fallen" angels (angels cannot or will not rebel against higher beings), except in the sense that an angel can physicalize or incarnate despite there being no need for it, by entering into an unborn or aborted fetus during a miscarriage. Other times, they may temporarily form physical bodies resembling organisms.

"You can take angelic, demonic, or human decisions. You choose. You have free will." There is no free will for daemonic beings, they're unfeeling automatons designed to obey superior beings, regardless of the daemonic being's inclination towards good/evil. In Autobiography of a Yogi, Chapter 18, there was a Muslim fakkir (ascetic) given command over a daemon by a Hindu yogi (mystic).
_____

This also seems confused.

What exactly is your definition for the "spiritual/supernatural world" and "magical realm"? And what's the distinction between a world and realm, if any? Are you employing these terms interchangeably?

If the former (spiritual/supernatural) refers to the other side (world of spirits, world of dreams, so-called astral), one cannot be in that world while remaining conscious in the physical organism, that defeats the whole point of astral projection. However, since a portion, or a particular "aura", of an individual belongs to that world, and considering how humans are also emotional creatures with emotional natures, a human being may be called an "emotional being", which is also what some spirit beings choose to present themselves as to the living.

"there is no right and wrong, there is no black and white"

First off, this is a psychological slip-up, it ought to be "there is no right and wrong, there is no white and black" for consistency.

Secondly, if "magical realm" refers to the underlying reality behind physical existence, or world of nature spirits, then this is untrue. In their world, right and wrong are not only social concepts, but fixed notions.

The researcher Walter Evans-Wentz (who had a scientific background, met desirable qualifications) claimed there was a class distinct from humans and ghosts known as the gentry.

Evans-Wentz claims to have heard from an Irish native that the gentry choose sides in human conflicts and their involvement is decisive: "The gentry take a great interest in the affairs of men, and they always stand for justice and right. Any side they favour in our wars, that side wins." They told the Irishman that "they favoured the Japanese and not the Russians" (because the Russians were tyrants).

Therefore, the concepts of good and evil are still in usage by higher beings and have not been discarded. So why do we alone abandon it for moral grayness?

(The ancients distinguished between four classes of invisible beings: Angels, Daemons, Nature Spirits, Deceased Spirits. The gentry belong to the first class, equal in rank with the Tuatha De Danann.)
edit on 3-10-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hjesterium

I was referring to beings

This seems confused. What exactly is your definition for beings?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess I slipped in grammar, I didn't mean to say realm, I suppose you were referring to when I said in the magical realm, I didn't mean a physical or spiritual location I meant realm as in classification, an area of study, and there is no black and white in this area, people who use magick, or are a practitioner of a craft Believe in karma if we put good energy out into the universe, then good energy we receive back, the same with negative energy, honest practitioners use good and negative energy just depends on how well you can ride the karmic balance. reply to: hjesterium

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'd reason we either live off karma or magick but

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

..so I guess it's best to feel free and take life as it is destined by God to come.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey if that's your belief system more power to you, I think everyone should have some type of faith they believe in, the only problem I have with mainstream religions is when people say if you don't believe what I believe then you are wrong, I'm happy you have a faith that keeps your interest keep on keeping on mana reply to: Untun

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyNiC970
there is no black and white in this area, people who use magick, or are a practitioner of a craft believe in karma
Even if you meant area of study, this statement still doesn't make any sense.

If every practitioner supposedly believes in Karma, then nobody would dare continuing to use their abilities for wrong purposes, in fear of the consequences. If people could see how'd they end up in future incarnations, they wouldn't have made the mistakes that led to them in the first place. The fact that they haven't learned their lessons shows they either deny Karma or misinterpret it.

"Honest" practitioners would never make use of negative energy for any purpose, rightly viewing it as dross/waste. Truthfulness is incompatible with falsehood. "Why, therefore, should the man who is a lover of truth, pay attention to these useless delusions?" (Iamblichos) Whereas well-meaning practitioners (though unscrupulous & unprincipled) may resort to negative energy for personal gain. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The Russian seer Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov had this to say on the matter: Общение с демонами всегда саморазрушительно по существу, какие бы формы не принимало...

Full quote: "Communication with demons is always self-destructive in nature, no matter what form it takes - be it healing, divination, mind manipulation, etc. As a rule, people are seduced by the external side of all kinds of miracles, especially when it comes to their physical health, and do not think at all about their source."

There were left-hand practitioners in Apollonius' days, right out in the open, their nightly activities were recorded. In those days, there was no need for secrecy. Why, even Julian draws attention to how old an early Christian custom of dwelling near tombs really was, comparing it with witchcraft.
edit on 3-10-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If every practitioner supposedly believes in Karma, then nobody would dare continuing to use their abilities for wrong purposes, in fear of the consequences.

THIS was the first thing I learned when I first embraced the Kabballah as a teen in the 90s. Basically that all majik comes from the one source and you are not that source so dont f with it.

Similar sentiment in Verdic texts Mahabataraba (spelling?), it talks about weapons never to be used on a "human" foe...

The chakra system is present in Hindu and the Kabbalah. A little more refined in Hindu philosophy, but then we need to ask "why did 13th century Spanish Jews come up with the chakra system?" or "Who is Pressor John, and where did he come from?".

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I was just going to throw in my two cents about spelling magic but I'm gone off the rails a little, still reading, this is good.
I thought maybe if we could agree on that it might be a good start but it's like whooaah Nelly...
this one's a dinger.

Trying not to stir it up too much.
Reading page two later

edit on 03pm23 10 2323 by WANATENTOURHIVEX because: To add

edit on 03pm23 10 2323 by WANATENTOURHIVEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Why pick a nick of Cynic when wanting to start a paranormal group?

Just curious.

I don't get to spend a lot of time online anymore due to my job,but am willing to throw in my 2 cents here and there.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

As a teen! You have my interest piqued! What was your reason for embracing Kabbalah, what drew you to it?

I'm not sure what chakra has to do with karma. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to your questions.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   

"Honest" practitioners would never make use of negative energy for any purpose

I appreciate you have at least used quotation marks around the word "honest", as this means the distinction between black and white magic is artificial, and based on the moral judgement of the practitioner. Yet, the same holds for the distinction between your demons and your angels, or the distinction between positive and negative energies, a distinction that does not exist at all.

"Communication with demons is always self-destructive in nature"

What's a demon? As opposed to who or what? Whatever a demon or an angel is their actions on you always require your acceptance. That's why temptation is required: they need to convince you for their actions to have any effect on you.

Even Satan can do nothing against you, unless you give in to temptation. He may deceive you, tempt you, threaten you, but it is enough to shrug your shoulders and go your way ignoring him for all his power to go up in smoke, to nothing. This also applies to God, by the way.

In the end, free will rules. Despite demons and angels.

Finally, Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov is not a seer. It is just a charlatan.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
as this means the distinction between black and white magic is artificial, and based on the moral judgement of the practitioner.
This is simply misrepresentation, I wasn't making a concession. I put it in quotes since he likely entertains a different idea of honesty. It could also be inferred that I was simply quoting from the user without having to copy/paste the whole sentence.

Yet, the same holds for the distinction between your demons and your angels, or the distinction between positive and negative energies, a distinction that does not exist at all.
Positive and negative energies implies attraction and repulsion. Most people are drawn to what is negative, not positive. Clearly there's a distinction.

Even Satan can do nothing against you, unless you give in to temptation.
You have admitted to a truth*, but for the purpose of laying down a falsehood.

* "The devil tempts, but he can only seize souls that voluntarily yield to his temptation. That is a law of the universe."

it is enough to shrug your shoulders and go your way ignoring him for all his power to go up in smoke, to nothing.
No, it's obviously not enough to ignore evil. That almost never works against human bullies, why would it work against spirits?

Your suggestion is tantamount to the old lie of "do not resist evil". This piece of advice only applies for dealing with one's own evil inclinations, by not giving attention to intrusive thoughts or by shifting focus to god/goodness.

In the end, free will rules. Despite demons and angels.
I've heard this countless times. The word "free" should be stricken from this sentence. My formulation: In the end, the guided will of man prevails over adversity.

In their idle talk about free will, people mean to say arbitrary will.

Here is the blackest lie I've ever read from an user (90% falsehood, I'd say): www.dropbox.com...

It's incredibly disturbing how most people are starting to think this way, including one of my friends. There is no greater proof for an individual's moral disorientation! (What's interesting is how the user completely disregarded the lesson from their own dream.)

Finally, Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov is not a seer. It is just a charlatan.
On whose authority? A church commission? Where's your proof, anyway?

So you shift the blame onto a child's shoulders, instead of his mother, that's being unfair to him.
edit on 4-10-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I got into the Kaballah because I was dating a wican chick at the time and I kinda thought wicca was a bitsilly so I looked into the tradition of my own people.

As for chakra and karma, karma is said to respond to chi which flow thru you around your chakras as does the soul (atman), chi being the "universal" and and atman being the "personal" how they communicate is thru the chakras, or atleast thats what Ive been told..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join