It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have Jenovah's Witnesses been Following me for Decades Across Three States?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

A very lucky man.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

What a write!

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

You wrote weeks ago you would never return. Looks like they caught you?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

by the Black Eyed Kids

I don't have the black eye kids but the very well to the extreme groomed kids as in kiddie trafficking and drug mules

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

As above, so below? I mean how was her tush? LOL.

As in perfecto. I never knew such a thin frame can even stabilize an keep those puppies up. My guess is she will need reduction surgery at some point. I mean Jesus H Crist!

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's what I do with them once they give me an in and I can go on for hours. They are obviously brainwashed to a T as they cant think for themselves

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
Are door to door sales not a thing in the UK?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I will have to tell them that. The old crusty they sent over is a former contractor ~ home builder. He commented on my major interior renovations. We got talking about the ceiling fan 18' up off the ceiling with a 6' down rod. He asked me how I installed it. I told him and I said the hardest part was getting the electrical wiring bayonet though the 6' rod. I said that I used my wife's sex lube.

Dude turned purple.

HahHah

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

They must be high on something as I didn't even think they get me. That or they tune you out like my wife does then she says I never listen to her. Jeesch

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sometimes I am shirtless and am wearing my should holster with my 9mm. I am 6' 1" @ 212 pounds with a BMI of 14%. That alone usually intimidate them.

In just freaked out a cute girl stomping for Desantis and I gave her the knob hanger back. No tanks to D or Trump.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

cause they get extra points for bible studies and return visits

Darn and I thought it was so cool to be visited three times by the cute babe with the outstanding huge jumblies. I thought just that alone may have been a sign from God as in; Thy Bounty?

Then they send ole crusty.

Dang fools.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think they are very impersonal. They don't want to know about yourself, just Bible study. I like the Bible for learning but I take people as they are, not as bots needed to be indoctrinated.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

because they visit everyones house,,
they go in pairs,and like ocd, they BOTH take turns

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you learn what their doctrine is, you will easily be able to point out to them how it differs from Biblical scripture.

Things like- They believe there is no Trinity. They believe that Jesus is not God. They believe Jesus was just the first creation. That contradicts plenty of scripture.

They think that before Jesus came to Earth, he was Michael the Arc Angel. They think he died on a stake not a cross. They teach that his body was destroyed on that stake, and that Jesus is not returning, except with all the Angels to slaughter all those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

They say the Holy Ghost is just a force of God, and does not have a personality, and is not God, and a part of the Trinity.

The 144,000 spots in Heaven are already taken by the first Jehovah Witnesses, so now you earn everlasting life on Earth by doing door to door work. And there is a whole lot more....

edit on 19-9-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You beat me to it. They also cause their own people much emotional pain if they question.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Funny story. The second I have opened a door for any of these JW types, they simply turn around and leave without saying a word. They don’t leave literature, they just never come back. I have encountered them only 3 times on this planet, and in each and every instance, they tend to wander off without saying a word.

To this day, I have never had an encounter go beyond a look, and an exit. So whatever I am doing, it must be right.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: nugget1

They must be high on something as I didn't even think they get me. That or they tune you out like my wife does then she says I never listen to her. Jeesch

When I accuse mu best half of never listening to me he always says "What?"

JW's aren't the only ones who seem to have selective hearing.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"Can any Jehovahs Witnesses be down with the Gravediggaz?"

Ok, my JW story...

I was laying down on a mates couch one morning after a really heavy drinking session, and I see these two young chicks walking down the driveway, short skirts big boots, I thought it was my mates sister and her friend coming home from clubbing so I open the door before they even knock and say "hey come in..." they look at me kinda weirdly and start telling me about their JW s*it. My mate hears me and comes to the door and invites them in for a cup of tea...

All while our mate lets call him Jack was in the kitchen yelling "take it Wally, take it in the ass" and similar while pretending to molest a stuffed toy monkey...

They did not come in for tea.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

But on a more serious note, I worked in I.T. for some years and the system administrator was a JW . He was even an "elder" in the church. My desk was in the same room as his , and never once did he ever proselytize . Then again, I had long hair and long beard back then, and folks often called me Jesus. I think he may have been intimidated? Anyway ,he was an easy to work with guy, and good at his job too. He seemed like a normal dude, as far as I could tell.

In medieval Europe, Jews were falsely accused of poisoning wells and spreading disease. During Nazi rule, Jews were again slandered. But this time they were accused of causing the economic crisis in Germany. Both cases resulted in the Jews becoming victims of extreme prejudice, some of which is still evident today.

People who believe myths such as those may point to examples or alleged evidence that seems to confirm their bias. And they think that anyone who disagrees with them is ignorant.

Without knowing the facts, we make bad decisions. If we believe myths rather than facts, we will misjudge people. If we know the facts about people, we are less likely to believe common but false assumptions about them. And once we learn that we have not been told the truth about a particular group, we may be more likely to question assumptions that we have made about other groups of people.

Also remember that sweeping generalizations about groups of people do not apply to all individuals of that group.

If we focus too much on how different others are from us, we could conclude that such differences are flaws or defects. In effect, we would be regarding as inferior those who are different. Once we develop this negative view of others, it becomes difficult to show empathy. Our lack of empathy can be a symptom of a deeper problem​—prejudice.

Prejudice is like a virus. It harms its victims, and people can be unaware that they are infected. People can be prejudiced not only toward those of another nationality, race, tribe, or language but also toward those of a different religion, gender, or social class. Some judge people negatively based on their age, education, disabilities, or physical appearance. Yet, they still feel that they are not prejudiced.

Could you be infected with prejudice? Most of us can recognize prejudice in others. But it may be difficult to see prejudice in ourselves. The truth is that all of us are prejudiced to some degree. When people think about a group negatively and then meet someone from that group, says sociology professor David Williams, “they will treat that person differently and honestly not know that they did it.”

On the other hand, when we empathize with someone, we become aware of just how similar we are to that person. We realize that he or she may feel the way we feel and may react the way we react. Empathy helps us to see that all people, no matter what their background may be, are part of the human family. The more we focus on how similar they are to us, the less likely we will be to judge them negatively (or rant against them on the internet, expressing and fueling prejudice, hatred and contempt, adding fuel to the fire in an attempt to get others to feel the same way, consciously or subconsciously; I'm not referring to your comment).

Empathy will also help us to respect others. If we strive to understand another person’s struggles, we are more likely to empathize rather than to criticize.

Try to see beyond the differences and find similarities between you and people from a group you may view negatively.

Next, try to imagine yourself in their situation. Ask yourself:

- ‘How would I react if someone made me feel worthless?’ (or to bring this thread into it, if someone said the type of negative things that were said in this thread about you; same for the other questions below)

- ‘How would I feel if others judged me before they even got to know me?’

- ‘If I were part of their group, how would I like others to treat me?’

Egotism can lead to prejudice. An egotistical person has an inflated opinion of his own worth. He views himself as superior and judges people who are different from him as being inferior. Anyone can fall into this trap. The Encyclopædia Britannica says: “Most [cultural] groups feel​—to varying degrees of intensity​—that their way of life, their foods, dress, habits, beliefs, values, and so forth, are superior to those of other groups.” How can we avoid this flawed way of thinking?

Bible Principle:

“With humility consider others superior to you.”​—PHILIPPIANS 2:3.

What does it mean? To avoid excessive pride, we need to cultivate its opposite​—humility. Humility allows us to recognize that in some areas of life others are superior. No one group has a monopoly on all good qualities and abilities.

Consider the example of Stefan. He grew up in a Communist country but overcame his feelings of prejudice against people from non-Communist countries. He says: “I believe that considering others as superior to you is important in counteracting prejudice. I don’t know everything. I can learn something from every person.”

What you (as in everyone) can do:

Try to have a realistic view of yourself and remain aware of your own failings. Acknowledge that others are strong in areas where you are weak. Do not assume that all people from a particular group have the same flaws.

Instead of drawing negative conclusions about a person who is from a particular group of people, ask yourself:

- ‘Are the traits that I dislike about that person actually bad, or are they just different?’

- ‘Could this person find faults in me?’

- ‘In what areas is this person more capable than I am?’

If you answer these questions honestly, you may not only overcome any prejudice you have but you may also find things to admire in that person.

Feelings of prejudice do not disappear quickly. Just as it takes time and effort to get rid of a virus, it takes time and effort to get rid of prejudice. What can you do to remove prejudice from within you?

Bible Principle:

“Clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.”​—COLOSSIANS 3:14.

What does it mean? Doing kind things for others brings people together. The more you show your love for others, the less prejudiced you become. The more love you feel, the less room you leave in your heart for hatred or contempt and any resulting rudeness. Showing good manners to members of that group instead will then take less effort.
edit on 20-9-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join