It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever just get "bored" of everything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

I do get bored on occassion and that's because of this World we live on and the System that is implemented upon us. It gets boring.... the days are toooo long... and most stuff on TV is repeats and way too many adverts advertising Trannies!

But don't worry....

THE END IS NIGH!

edit on 17-9-2023 by WorldxGonexMad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I get bored with some of the entertainment products put out there lately. I really don't like modern TV shows, or should I say, TV shows for what they call "modern audiences" (to make them appear more appealing, if you don't like these shows, you're just not 'modern' enough, is the marketing message there).

My ratings for modern shows that are still running (I have a preference for Sci-Fi and Fantasy, so those often get a higher rating for me, amount of entertaining content also affects my ratings, for if I want to watch again, not much point if it's less than 50 episodes total, which I count as 2 seasons, then it has to be a really good show for me to watch it again):

House of the Dragon (7.3) (especially episodes 4, 5 and half of 3 drag the rating down for me)
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (6.3)
Andor (6)
Halo (6)
Loki (6) (this one will probably go down as new episodes of season 2 are released, first one already wasn't great)
Foundation (5.5)
Severance (4.8)
The Orville (4.6)
ST Discovery (4.5)
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4.5)
The Last Of Us (4.3)
Arcane (4.1) (originally at 5.1, but it's taking too long for new content, it's animated "for crying out loud", as O'Neill would say)
The Boys (4)
The Witcher (4)
Shadow and Bone (4)
Stranger Things (3.9)
Ahsoka (3.8)
What If...? (3.5) (not enough content since it first came out to warrant any higher rating, I originally had this one at 6 after season 1; animated shows really should have more content after 2 years)
The Rig (3)
Silo (2.9)
The Ark (2.8)
From (2.7)
Doctor Who (2.5)
One Piece (2.4)
The Wheel of Time (2.3)
Gen V (2.2)
Peacemaker (2.1)
Dota: Dragon's Blood (2)
Fear The Walking Dead (2)
1923 (1.9)
Black Mirror (1.8)
Outer Range (1.7)
Vikings: Walhalla (1.6)
The Sandman (1.5)
Our Flag Means Death (1.4)

I'm trying to get through Black Mirror now as I'm waiting for new episodes of Loki. But it's tough, cause this show doesn't allow for a lot of skipping/skimming through predictable scenes. Some shows are so uninteresting (FTWD for example), that I can skim through the whole show in no time, even though it's lots of episodes.

As you may have noticed from some of my remarks that I edited into my rating list, I really don't like this modern approach of 6-12 episodes per season, and 1 season per 2-3 years, either. What you get is a whole lot of shows with little content or re-watchability value, cause the quality of the plot/writing doesn't improve by just reducing the number of episodes. The fillers are still there (take for example episodes 3 and 7 of The Last of Us, which took 2 episodes away from the 10). Keep in mind that these ratings are also based on treating Stargate SG-1 as the standard in this regards (rated at 10, which does not mean perfect), cause that is a whopping 10 seasons, at least 20 episodes each, of fun and adventure (with engaging characters). Very high re-watchability value (which is basically what the rating list represents, cause it's a copy-paste from my bingewatch list).
edit on 11-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

"When one tries to Change the Universe, the Universe Resists".

Focus outward, not inward.

I experience this, it seems the more you pervert your environment to idealistically suit your vision or goal, things go wrong and you get stressed out.

I think the universe matter was once alive, and seeks to spiritually commune out of here. The trajectory of the universe does not favour hard will against it. I think lie-f was meant to be a get by without too much pain and get out. Not a place to entertain. I think the human TPTB control us by getting us to screw ourselves against the universe. I think spiritual gremlin predators seek to wrap us all against one another, to make try and make us spiritually docile and easily misled, or self-defeating.

I think the only "joy" or sensation to be had that isn't woo-woo is sex, food, drink, drugs, music, cars, houses, consumerism, etc. Kind of lame really. You've got reading, but that's usually wasting your time on content that itself is overhyped and relies on ultimately dull affairs. Or science fiction, imaginary concepts to delude ourselves with, like religion, even science has a lot of "lost in maths" affairs, with the grounded science being mainly guided by experiments, and refined as such over many years, by many people, hardly a one man joy achieving great big things by himself.

I seek metaphysics of sorts, but I also don't want time wasting, chasing things that is only upheld by the mind.

It's no wonder, the main emotion I see outside my busy window, is drudgery and flat affect pepped up by knowing it has a media fix or food, drug, sex fix around the corner...

Very 1 dimensional our lives I find. I used to be social, out seeing mates, drink, music, cars, sex, girlfriend, but, I'm glad in a way, I managed to circuit break myself, though the sensations were the only real thing to actually enjoy, and I hit it hard, I was not achieving anything, I don't mean education or a career, but by my owns hands, and mind, I can't see anything that's real that is wonderous to engage with. Travel costs money, involves planning and I want a hands on thing.

I imagine an alternate reality, but it feels too heavenly boring too. I can guess that a better place can not be imagined, within the confounds of a brain, bound to a physical universe. And that, planning to escape, just to get out, is all you can do.

edit on 26-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If life is boring then that's a good thing.
It means there are no unfortunate upheavals.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think maybe you're suffering from "re-run" syndrome; you're bored with everything because everything has become a re-run. God knows the Internet is a re-run; so is radio and TV.

Go to the library and get a book you've never read before, maybe a mystery novel or a sci-fi book. It might help.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar
Go to the library and get a book you've never read before, maybe a mystery novel or a sci-fi book.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
That way he can learn something while he's being entertained.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good book suggestion!

I was also thinking something along the Silo series by Hugh Howey.

Now, to be honest, the Silo series is probably the most God awful collection of books I've ever endured; and endured is the word for reading these books.

I'll give you a brief example.
"Jane sat down to put on her shoes. She swept her hair out of her eyes, then reached over and placed a sock on her right foot. She swept her hair out of her eyes again, then reached over and placed a sock on her left foot. She sat back and gazed down at her feet, studying them to ensure the socks didn't need straightening. One did, so she swept her hair out of her eyes, bent down and straightened the sock on the right foot. She sat back again and gazed down at her feet again one last time, satisfied that both socks were on both feet properly."

Yea, it goes on like that for thousands of pages. It's entirely mind numbing. You read one of these books and you'll soon find yourself wanting to do ANYTHING else. Going to the bathroom is a relief from the tedium. If you thought you were bored before........you now know what real, pointless, agonizing boredom really is! You will run from it to ......take out the trash, mow the yard, rake the leaves, fix the gutter, inflate the tires on your truck, fix lunch...........ANYTHING!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I thought of ending my life in 2021. I was a dependent crutch user with chronic peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) in both feet, and a destroyed speaking voice, due to a month long induced coma in 2020.

I bought a canister of carbon monoxide, which released at normal air pressure, would fill an eight cubic metre space with 100% CO2.
Small shower room, comfortable cushions, nice music, then tasted/inhaled some gas first to see how it was, and it was exactly like fresh air - which first surprised me, and then made it suddenly very real in my head, what I was actually doing.

I took a few hours thinking about it, but when push came to shove, I couldn't take the risk that I'd not be breaking some universal rule or something, and no matter how bad it seems now...imagine some burning hell like a scary movie or whatever, omg no, I totally couldn't take the risk lol and decided I wanted to live!

Cost me over 500 quid for the supply and return of that now emptied canister of CO2 lol, but it's THE BEST £500 I've ever spent, because I KNEW I wanted to live.

Two and a half years of no painkillers, hard painful, intense physical training every single day, I'm down to one crutch now, which I hold as a stick, arms not strapped in. Still training every day, and I live on top of a steep hill above town (300+ stone steps lol) so fitness is like when I was in my 20's!

I get frustrated by my destroyed whispering speech sometimes, but ever since I decided not to kill myself, if I get miserable about it, I just go to the nearest mirror...

"Well #in kill yerself then, it's expensive but it ain't difficult...but you're too # scared ain't ya!"

And that makes me laugh, and carry on enjoying however long I've got left alive...it's better than an imagined afterlife after watch too many horror films!🤣

...sorry if I'm off topic ish in my long post, but choosing to live that day stopped me bitching about bull# and instead enjoying fixing the things I can, I'd recommend similar to anyone else 👍

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Life is dull, i hope my body will stop being dumb and stop the heart.

I don't find joy. I hate consumerism.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK

I took a few hours thinking about it, but when push came to shove, I couldn't take the risk that I'd not be breaking some universal rule or something, and no matter how bad it seems now...imagine some burning hell like a scary movie or whatever, omg no, I totally couldn't take the risk lol and decided I wanted to live!

I tried to off myself as well and it didn't work. I feel like we're both missing some sort of information that's why we didn't die. Like we have to unlock some sort of truth or get some sort of approval from above. Possibly why smart/talented people always off themselves young. They were so bored they seeked the truth and found out whatever it is we're missing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join