It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the worst Ghost hunting show on Tv?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So there is a show on the travel channel called the "Ghosts of Morgan City" which probably has to be the worst ghost hunting show on tv I've ever seen , In one episode the crew went outside the haunted building for a lunch break. Then suddenly 'Ben' the leader of the group who's still in a van captures a full body apparition of a ghost woman in a white dress casually walking past a hall way.

This was the show's 3rd episode after it launched on the travel channel in 2019 and apparently they managed to capture the holy grail of all evidence.

What is so cringe and funny was how 'Ben' and his crew immediately all agreed that the woman on the camera was a ghost and not for a second considered it could have been an intruder. Any person with a braincell would've been concerned and immediately ran out and check if there was an intruder in the house after seeing that on camera. But no, none of the crew were concerned instead they were smiling and laughing with joy. there is a blog that debunked this episode in detail. However this show doesn't really need any debunking it was so clearly staged with bad acting . I can't believe something so stupid was aired on television.

edit on 10-9-2023 by RedPanda94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I watched the whole series, I actually like it, but I like Ben Hansen better in the UFO and true or false series.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RedPanda94

that looks like the same guy from Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files

He worked for the FBI (nuff said)

former FBI agent Ben Hansen

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RedPanda94

It looks like pretty much all the other ghost hunting shows that are on and have been on.

I used to watch Ghost Hunters years ago when they first started and I’ll check out the newer episodes occasionally on Discovery+ but I don’t claim that any of it is real.

A ghost hunting show probably has to see a “ghost” once in a while to stay on the air.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I used to watch Ghost Hunters years and years and years ago. I don't watch any of those shows anymore. Too creepy. And some of them were totally irresponsible. Playing with things they shouldn't have been just to get some film footage.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Some of those paranormal shows are way funnier than intentional comedy shows. There was one about 10 years back that my neighbor and I watched a few times. The show featured a team of young investigators. (They looked like teenagers)

In every "case" they worked on, they somehow obtained incredible recordings, video, or photos. They went to investigate the Jersey Devil, and managed to come away with a photo of it! It was freakin' hilarious!

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The shows are every entertaining and I love watching them, I even watch the ones from UK on paranormal, love the old castles and manors Huntings.

I used to like ghost adventures, but they have turned a bit into the dark side of demonology and that is to extreme for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
The shows are every entertaining and I love watching them, I even watch the ones from UK on paranormal, love the old castles and manors Huntings.

I used to like ghost adventures, but they have turned a bit into the dark side of demonology and that is to extreme for me.

Fun Fact:
Borley Rectory in Essex may have been the subject of the first-ever "haunting" documentary. . There were a couple short documentaries from the early 1960s that featured the large, Gothic-style rectory. The docs are probably gone, as the British news stations didn't save or archive much of their programs.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Surely, that would be Scooby Doo?

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah I agree.. such trash I've seen these people get pushed around on different shows they keep trying to invent different shows out of old crap that they think people will watch IMHO they have wash and re-peated so many times it's become tiresome. That chick psychic with the curly hair ..yea right so phony. Yawn

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

THAT is the one I was talking about. They are reckless and get into things they shouldn't. Like they go to a haunted place and have a witch cast a curse on them inviting demonic takeover, then they say how they feel weird and film. RECKLESS and just inviting trouble. I saw the show a few times and had to turn it off.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have probably seen every episode of Ghost Adventures. You would think after 26 seasons they would be used to it, but no, they manage to scare themselves in virtually every episode.

You would also think after 26 years they would have definitive proof by now.

Oh well at least it's good for the comedy aspect.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes I got a bad feeling about them lately, when they started to use incantations and other rituals on TV, no something that they should be playing around with.

They used to have a couple that were paranormal psychist and worked with the ghost adventures, Mark and Debby Constantino, the couple were found dead, it was soo weird the circumstances of their dead I really found it disturbing.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I used to be a member of San Gabriel Valley Paranormal Society , Been on hundreds of hunts , I can tell you there are no apparitions Ghost don't show up dressed in their best night gown . There are noises things do move doors will slam , Oh and Orbs lot's of orbs heard a voice every now and then but never a ghost that will show itself . The only thing that ever showed itself was shadow people and those are not ghost .

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I have probably seen every episode of Ghost Adventures. You would think after 26 seasons they would be used to it, but no, they manage to scare themselves in virtually every episode.

Over the years, I have worked on many shows for the History Channel, Indy reality TV, small scale producers and some Big ones as well. I know this is broad brush painting but all those "scary" shows are scripted, acted, and produced as just a platform to hang advertising on. However it shows the quality of acting even on low budget projects.

My very first Reality show gig...do you honestly think this is real. They're all just light entertainment.

Where it's just a barebones crew shooting something "REAL" that's called a documentary. Look up you favorite shows on IMDB and see how the project is actually constructed.

edit on 10-9-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Over the years, I have worked on many shows for the History Channel, Indy reality TV, small scale producers and some Big ones as well. I know this is broad brush painting but all those "scary" shows are scripted, acted, and produced as just a platform to hang advertising on. However it shows the quality of acting even on low budget projects.

My very first Reality show gig...do you honestly think this is real. They're all just light entertainment.

www.youtube.com...

I have thousands of hours of experience in recording EVP's at different locations.

All I know is this:

Spirits and EVP's are real and that death is not the end. Because of these experiences, I know longer fear death, as Bilbo Baggins would say: I am quite ready for another adventure.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Loved Ben Hansen in his UFO case series - particularly the Kelly Hopkinsville, Kentucky, 1955 case. Hansen delved right into it, finding those still living in the area and interviewing them, and locating the landing spot.
Haven't seen anyone else do that.
Why did he have to switch to a ghost series, there are too many of them already!
There are so many UFO cases he could be investigating.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Sounds like it needs an update from modern paranormal groups, I keep looking for new programs to stream.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Where it's just a barebones crew shooting something "REAL" that's called a documentary. Look up you favorite shows on IMDB and see how the project is actually constructed.

Small World I worked with Animal Planet for a bit , All totally scripted would take a entire day to shoot a 5 min scene lol Lunch was always great .
edit on 10-9-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anybody watch the two seasons of Hellier?
Available for free streaming with Amazon Prime. Same folks have a new one 90 min called The Unbinding also on Amazon Prime (and elsewhere) for sale or rent, at a reasonable price.

The Newkirks and their ad hoc production team are the Gold Standard for paranormal IMO.

Also, they're currently working on Hellier, season 3 which I consider great news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join