It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a Mothman Captured in Quebec-Canada in the 1890s?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
journalnews.com.ph...

An incredible story coming from Quebec in the 1890s and one that not many have come across. Mothman has become a legendary creature over the years and there is definitely a paranormal component when it comes to the various alleged sightings.

In recent years Mothman has been linked to the appearance of a humanoid creature at Point Pleasant,West Virginia, on the 15th of November 1966 with several witnesses describing the moth-humanoid creature as being very tall, around 7ft or even taller, having very large wings, a small head, and very intense glowing red eyes. Then there is connection between Mothman and the collapse of the Silver Bridge in Point Pleasant where 46 people died on the 15th of December 1967, allegedly the last time Mothman was seen in the area at that period but there seems to be more recent sightings.

You need to go through the article I have linked but the story is unique and worths the time spent reading it.

Here is what happened in Sainte-Emelie-de-l’Energie (pop. About 1600) which is a French speaking village located 119 kms (74 mi) north of Montreal, Canada at the intersection of Routes 131 and 347. Apparently one of the younger villagers managed to shot the creature with a riffle and then he battled it as it fell to the ground!!

A terrible battle ensued, lasting for several moments; then the victory was with the man, and the monster lay dead at this feet. He had now time for a closer inspection of his game, but the thing presented such an awful and unnatural appearance that he was terror-stricken and ran back to the village for help.

He was accompanied [back to the scene] by this father and four other young farmers. The monster was then carefully examined by the farmers, who described it as as follows. It had two great wings measuring fifteen feet [4.8 metres] from tip to tip. The head, which was fifteen inches [38 cms] in circumference, resembled that of a large monkey. The body was five feet [152 cms] long, and, while the back part was covered with big black feathers, the under part was covered with a fur or coarse hair. The feet or claws resembled the legs of a wolf, and under the tail feathers was a long appendage with a tuft at the end that looked like the tail of a large calf. Lying with wings extended on the ground the monster looked as big as a horse, and when weighed was found to turn the scales at 300 pounds [136 kgs]. A team had to be sent for to bring it back to the village.”

edit on 8-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was a really friggin huge owl.

The Audubon society believes the mothman sightings are sightings of Barred Owls at night.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There was a young lady lived in Point Pleasant that saw the thing in 1966 before the bridge disaster. It was elevated on something along the road, she stopped her car and got out and was staring at it, then the creature's eyes emitted a bright flash at her that gave her the symptoms of welders burn, and they were not mild, they were pretty severe. The creature was fairly aggressive and hostile. Lots of people reported that attribute.

I read that somewhere a long time ago, might have been a newspaper story back in the '60's.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is more to mothman than it gets attention for.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Please share, Mothman intrigues me.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

"Strange Creatures from Time and Space", by John Keel

Keel probably knew more about Mothman than anyone. Chapter 18 is all about Mothman.

Free PDF

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I heard if you rub its wings and the powder comes off it can't fly anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I heard if you rub its wings and the powder comes off it can't fly anymore.

No sarcasm please.
This is a rather serious matter.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh I don't know anything special. I'm just saying, from all that I've read on this and so on ... there is something to Mothman that doesn't get enough attention. Everyone looks at UFOs ... but Mothman is left behind and it shouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh I don't know anything special. I'm just saying, from all that I've read on this and so on ... there is something to Mothman that doesn't get enough attention. Everyone looks at UFOs ... but Mothman is left behind and it shouldn't be.

If you haven't had a sighting them you need to rely on the accounts by others who have had one or knew people who had one. But there seems to be something about this creature. It could be the 1966/67 sightings are not the only ones-there are more recent accounts and much older (one possible is the story of this article)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

There was both video camera and picture camera in the 60´s so where are all the pictures ??
Until then just more spice on top on a old buried urban legend among with loch ness and the ape men.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

There was both video camera and picture camera in the 60´s so where are all the pictures ??
Until then just more spice on top on a old buried urban legend among with loch ness and the ape men.

I don't think most carried with them photographic cameras, and most importantly mobile phones, personal video recorders, and much of what we have today didn't exist. Life was much simpler back then. And even many didn't have a TV at that time.

Yes it's an urban legend but there could be something mire to it as it's a transient event.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Mothman Prophecies
PG-13
2002 ‧ Thriller/Horror ‧ 1h 59m

About the 60S event
"From the director of Arlington Road comes a spine-tingling, super-natural thriller based on actual events that will rattle your nerves and shake your beliefs"

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

The Mothman Prophecies
PG-13
2002 ‧ Thriller/Horror ‧ 1h 59m

About the 60S event
"From the director of Arlington Road comes a spine-tingling, super-natural thriller based on actual events that will rattle your nerves and shake your beliefs"

It's a really good movie and Richard Gere was surprisingly good in a role he isn't get used to as most of his films are very different.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I don't think most carried with them photographic cameras, and most importantly mobile phones, personal video recorders, and much of what we have today didn't exist. Life was much simpler back then. And even many didn't have a TV at that time.

Yes it's an urban legend but there could be something mire to it as it's a transient event.

Pretty sure if someone was to capture a alien looking monster from hell they would do some kind of effort to borrow a camera from someone who knowns someone.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Pretty sure if someone was to capture a alien looking monster from hell they would do some kind of effort to borrow a camera from someone who knowns someone.

The event happened in the 1890s btw

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

Jeeper Creepers is a terrifying movie. It seems like Mothman

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
With all the high-tech genetic gizmos these days, they could splice up any chimera and then let it get loose.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

If i'm not mistaken, the Mothman still exists but it's not a singularity, it's an actual species: Like humans came from pigs and monkeys, that species came from (birds or bats) and apes.
When bats and humans were one in the same
More Bat and human genepools - berkeley.edu

Perhaps surprisingly, bats are also related to the Primates, the mammal taxon that includes lemurs, monkeys, apes, and humans

Birds and Humans

The answer is actually yes! Some of the similarities between birds and humans are due to them sharing a common ancestor millions and millions of years ago. That ancestor was a primitive, reptile-like creature that didn't resemble a human or a bird, but still had traits in common with both.

Lizard Men theory anyone? Just another example of a timeline similiar to ours that had a different evolutionary scale. I think 'lizard men' are probably smarter then Mothmen because they actually know how to travel the worlds. But who knows, in reality they both could know that in order to pass the worlds you need identical events.

300,000 years ago there was 9 types of human species on the planet. This will explain my thoughts below.

So this is my theory and the conclusion I came to a long arse time ago was that they are from a kinda on a parallel world and yes regular humans exist on that plane there as well, when identical events collide and line up between the two worlds, these creatures can be seen.. as the event becomes prevalent and 'supercharged'(often massive amounts of energy transfer from these places in time) in more then 1 reality kinda tearing a temp hole in the space/time causing a form of 'magnetic rift' amplifying because of duplicate energy waves.

This also explains why they also disappear just as quickly after these events, as the timeline continues to pull apart making the waves smaller and taking them away from our world thanks to certain limits like it being it's own world and timeline.(Other examples that follow the same patterns include poltergeist, ghost, shadow people, Greys(different parallel world, related to fish/humans: They could easily be an aquatic species closely related to our world's dolphins and their experiments literally might be because 'water' on their world is evaporating just like ours, so by studying us they learn how to be on land.) and other unique beings to the paranormal scene.)

These things don't last long but have a common occurrence which is 'high energy' areas, often with some form of 'repeated' events. Example's would be like the haunted orphanage in which the matron of the house would literally kill and torture children in the basement behind locked doors. That house is said to still be haunted by the 'bully' which was her own child. Also a lot of war zones, are deemed haunted. From people badmouthing former troops, or playing songs of the enemy, they wind up being 'blown out of their chair' feeling like they were shot. These types of things are actually more common then one could imagine.

So in shorter words two roads going the same way, eventually are forced together for a brief time because it's all energy anyway only later have the magnet flip forcing the streams to move apart shortly after as that ends the 'similar' wave event, taking that and sometimes more/less with it.

I totally believe in the mothman, i've seen his shadow and it's spooky down right. But I have never seen the physical form, myself. The time I saw it, was for the mexico rail collapse. I even had witness to this, and several others at least remembered the message of warning.

But to add to this thought process, you can use the mandala effect, reincarnation(not birth, but being relocated on death in 1 world, this continues until your energies become to weak to 'move on' to the next world, usually older folks; those guys get recycled and replenished with other remaining energy that can't make or escape that trip as well.. You can be moved to another near identical world) and deja vu feeling, is also explained by this theory.

edit on 50520231130 by BlackArrow because: added links and quotes, and a few more examples of 'common hauntings'.
edit on 50520231230 by BlackArrow because: Lizard Men, Greys, spelling fix
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I recommend reading the Mothman Prophecies book.

It details more than a year of sightings and encounters leading up to the Silver Bridge tragedy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join