It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smashmouth singer Steve Harwell dies at 56

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They ruled the radio and movie soundtracks in the 90's with their infectious sound - way too young to go but it sounds like he lived hard with no regrets.

RIP Steve

Smashmouth singer dead at 56

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

From the link:

And the fact that he achieved this near-impossible goal with very limited musical experience makes his accomplishments all the more remarkable.”

Well that explains a lot. I personally couldn’t stand their music. The world would have been a better place without bubble gum rock.

Death by Liver disease at 56 means he was pounding the booze.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Not a fan myself but someone sure seemed to like their music.
He hopefully had people close to him that will miss him.
I’ll guess he had some substance issues and that tends to push loved ones away unfortunately.

🍺 best wishes to his family.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

From the link:

And the fact that he achieved this near-impossible goal with very limited musical experience makes his accomplishments all the more remarkable.”

Well that explains a lot. I personally couldn’t stand their music. The world would have been a better place without bubble gum rock.

I know this is crazy, but just because the music exists doesn’t mean you have to listen to it. There’s lots of music I don’t like, but I won’t dance on the graves of the artists just because I had a difference in taste.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Same here - I'm no fan of mainstream music in general but they were at least fun and catchy. They made a generation of fans with the Shrek movies. Too bad he couldn't dial it back a bit and stick around a little longer but that's was his business.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

From the link:

Mad that they played the music they liked.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is a good song:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Video killed the radio star.

Music should be heard not seen. Unless ya got grass seats at Walnut Creek Amphitheater....

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMindOfMax
a reply to: ColeYounger

Video killed the radio star.

Music should be heard not seen. Unless ya got grass seats at Walnut Creek Amphitheater....

We can't rewind, we've gone too far.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

From the link:

Classy to insult a man’s legacy on his death

top topics

join