It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with the Best HiDef Drone to Purchase Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hello all,

Mods , not sure if I picked the right forum….

I know there are some drone experts here. I need help with purchasing an affordable drone. Long story short, I own a biz and I’ve been meaning to hire someone to do some drone videos, for promotional purposes.

It dawned on me that it could costs hundreds to hire someone. Why not just buy one for continued use, and do it myself. Eureka!

Here’s my needs:

1. HiDef camera
2. Durable for continuous use
3. Only need a max range of about 1/4 of a mile
4. User friendly because I’m a total newbie

Not sure what that would cost. I’m curious what the experts have to say.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and expertise! 🍻
edit on 2-9-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Any decent professional quality drone is going to cost you £1000s.
Then there's the insurance you would need to fly it for commercial purposes.
I don't know where you're based but in the UK you can't fly them out of line of sight, so your range of around a mile isn't going to work either without 2 or 3 other people who know how to fly the drone each of them with a transmitter to take control of the aircraft when you lose sight of it.
Trust me, it's going to be far cheaper, safer and less legal risk to you if you just hire a professional.
Sorry to rain on your parade

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shinzaun

Thanks for the feedback. I really only need about a quarter mile range. I’ll edit my OP.

Additionally, I know I can fly them legally here. It’s for filming vineyards that aren’t big, and I have a relationship with all the owners.

I could do a G. Was hoping for closer to $500.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

One of the big Youtubers, Matt Carriker AKA Demolition Ranch/ Off The Ranch, uses this one and it's in your price range. You can check out his videos to see the quality.

www.amazon.com...=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=dji+spark+drone&qid=1575730283&s=electronics&sr=1-3&linkC ode=sl1&tag=ithwecobefr-20&linkId=f9ade34a7d0556ff04cc0879895745b4&en_US

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thank you! That’s what I’m talking about!

4.5 stars is BUENO!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My brother has the DJI Mavic 3 Classic which cost him about $1500. I myself think the DJI Mini 3 for under $500 is the best value. I am pretty sure I'm going to get one myself. Great features plus heaps of beginner guides on youtube.

ps. sorry this is the Pro which costs around $1100. The Mini 3 is cheaper haven't seen the 2 but price looks ok, just check picture quality.
edit on 2-9-2023 by YippiKyAA because: add text

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YippiKyAA
My brother has the DJI Mavic 3 Classic which cost him about $1500. I myself think the DJI Mini 3 for under $500 is the best value. I am pretty sure I'm going to get one myself. Great features plus heaps of beginner guides on youtube.

ps. sorry this is the Pro which costs around $1100. The Mini 3 is cheaper haven't seen the 2 but price looks ok, just check picture quality.

I have the DJI Mav 2. The bundle was 1800. But, it has all the bells and whistles. HD Zoom Camera, Obstacle avoidance, Satellite hold, 1/2 hr flight time, and have had it out 1 mile. Could have gone further..

The problem? CCP. All your data will phone home

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: YippiKyAA

This.

DJI mini.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

There are some that mount a goPro if you already own one that might be another avenue you want to consider and m7ght save you some bucks...

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
The 4 is coming out soon so should drop in price. Generally around £800 at mo.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I appreciate all the advice in this thread. Got some research to do on everything everyone suggested. 🍻

new topics

top topics

join