It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary musician Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Legendary singer and songwriter Jimmy Buffett died on Friday at the age of 76 after struggling with an undisclosed health issue since 2022.

The "Margaritaville" icon died peacefully Friday surrounded by his family, friends, music and dogs, according to a statement posted to his website and social media accounts.

Aww man. I've been a fan of Jimmy Buffet for decades. Had more than a little tequila listening to him and dancing with the ladies. Another great talent gone.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
He made some amazing music that never got airplay

hope he made it to the good place

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

RIP

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The supreme master of feel-good music, hope he is having a cheeseburger in paradise.

Sucks getting old, seeing people who genuinely brought a little joy to the world pass

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Rest in calm seas Jimmy...
Songs of wandering, fun, adventure, & smiles.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I saw him at a private charity event in May of 2022. He sang a few songs with other musicians ,and mingled a little . He did play in key west in Feb 2023 … but since then , he cancelled his tours . Very odd how quickly he went . I can’t help but wonder if the Covid shots killed another great one . Sad days in the music world . RIP.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I started going to Buffet shows in 1989, and stopped a few years ago when tickets were over $100 and parking $50 plus 50 more for a trailer. I had a blast all those years though, it was just the secret was out and it kinda took the fun out of it.
In the beginning tickets were $15 and free parking.

He built an empire out of a song he wrote in 15 minutes. A true legend!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It was strange this morning here.

I woke up and saw the alerts on my iPad that he passed away and I meant to tell my wife but it slipped my mind.

I was in the other room and I heard my wife tell Alexa to play the Margaritaville Sirius XM station.

Then I remembered and asked her if she heard about him and she says no, what happened?

She was shocked, I thought she played it because he passed away.
edit on 2-9-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Had a great time at a Buffet concert in college.
What a life he led.
Hope he found that one particular harbor to RIP.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is sad news. I lived in FL and was fortunate enough to see one of his concerts. It was truly remarkable. There were mermaids swimming around in tanks! So many people tailgated before the performance. I enjoy the songs he wrote. My teenaged kids will be sad to hear this as well as their father who introduced Jimmy to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think Jimmy struck a cord in the hearts of millions, not just with his music and philosophy, but with his writing. I enjoyed his books immensely.

At sunset this afternoon, I’ll hoist a boat drink to Jimmy as he sets off across the cosmos.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
May he enjoy the “great cheeseburger in paradise.”

RIP Jimmy, you brought millions a great time!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I can’t help but wonder if the Covid shots killed another great one .

Oh, stfu. He's been battling cancer since 2019. Show some respect.

RIP to a legend. Get that cheeseburger!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

It would have been Covid, not a shot.
But it was as cancer, poor fella.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
R.I.P. to another of the Great Ones........cuz.....

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sat Sep 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A lot of fun music. Good stuff.

I have seen some adverts for Buffet themed retirement complexes for Parrot Heads. Different for sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I was in the other room and I heard my wife tell Alexa to play the Margaritaville Sirius XM station.

speaking of which
I signed up for that about a month ago. been listening to a lot of Margaritaville. very annoyed at how much blues (Jack Johnson, Bonnie Raitt) was being played on. right now it's Buffet only.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Lose my dumb smart phone and I miss out on huge news...

Dang!

I remember hearing Margaritaville back when it first came out. It was the same year another song I really like came out, Sultans of Swing! Me and my sister would stay up and listen to Casey Kasem's Top 100 hits on New Year's Eve. I believe it was 1976 (so many things happened in '76, '77, '78, that being able to pin anything down as "happening in that year" is problematic for me. For example, Star Wars, I am pretty sure was '77 but it may have been '78. And I saw an extended version where Luke speeds into Mos Eisley to tell his friends of "seeing a rebel vs Empire battle" but I am not certain of the year without looking it up).

It was not until high school that I actually listened to a whole album. Son of a Son of a Sailor is a fantastic song! As is Why Don't We Get Drunk... It would be years later, I found out about Parrot-heads, the Fins dance, and the singalong to his famous hit. Among the non-80's rock songs we did were Take It Easy (Eagles) and Margaritaville (I was known to do Sultans at sound check). And I guess technically Gary Numan Cars was 1979 but this about Jimmy Buffet.

That song is still well loved and I am sure we will be singing along tonight at the bar!

Thanks for the Gravity Storms and those lost shakers of salt!!

RIP Jimmy Buffett!!

(salt rimmed Margarita!)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

It would have been Covid, not a shot.
But it was as cancer, poor fella.

I understand that , But , I’ve seen a lot of studies and reports ( on here too) that the Covid shots kill your immune system . And have been reported as causing “Turbo Cancer “…. The point I was trying to make, was that maybe it is possible the Covid shots killed and lowered his immune system so low , that it allowed Turbo Cancer to spread( or something) , ultimately killing him. .… I’m sure I’m not the only one on here who’s read these articles?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Seriously?

This is not the place to argue your plandemic bs. Take it somewhere else

A phenom of a musician and all around great guy passed away, show some respect and move on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join