It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did time travelers from a parallel universe change our history forever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There’s couple that bother me but other than Dolly from Moonraker never had braces, another one that #s me up is They Live poster never having an exclamation mark.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

Yes I remember there were large threads on the Mandela effect here on ATS many years ago. but i never took it seriously at the time.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedPanda94
a reply to: LABTECH767

I totally agree.

also Forrest Gump apparently never said "life is like a box of chocolates" it is now "was like a box of chocolates."

this is so F**ing weird.

I remember Forest Gump saying exactly as you have typed it, "life's like a Box of Chocolates" not "Life 'was' like a box of Chocolates".

Everyone has experienced it but most put it down to just themselves being mistaken but when it comes to big event's like old Mandela being said to have died in prison then suddenly being alive again (or Larry Hagman back in the day as well) it get's peoples attention especially when a lot of them remember it and suddenly get confused.

So whatever the cause and whatever it really should be called it is a real phenomena.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Except there is a lot of evidence that it was "Luke, I am yout father." There are toys. There are recordings. And no There aren't different versions of star wars, where one time he says no Luke and other time he says just no. Officially, he only ever said no.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RedPanda94

So it didnt exist until YOU took it seriously?. A simple search will find you that the term "Mandela Effect" was alledgedly coined by Fiona Broom in 2012, but you didnt know that so it must be false--a Mandela Effect if you will.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

First of all im not from America I live in South-Africa. I've been on ATS since 2010 im currently 29. at the time I had other interests like politics and ancient history. I never really had any interests in paranormal stuff. I first learned about the Mandela effect from some youtube videos in 2015 then a year later I remember reading this thread on the Mandella effect.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a lot of the things mentioned on those threads were references from events or products that I was not familiar with. Although I do recall waking up one day feeling very strange and out of place, i remember feeling that the world has suddenly changed. And yes there were alot of times where i knew something was wrong. it was only until recently that I started questioning some of my family and friends about things i knew had to be real and them agreeing with me that i started taking this topic more serious.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If our “timeline” was changed it should be able to be changed again no? Why would it be “forever” as the title suggests?

I distinctly remember the lion laying with the lamb, not the wolf as a child. Maybe time is less linear than we currently understand. If things like spooky action at a distance can take place, why would time be an obstacle for particles to interact? There’s so much more to understand.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am 54 years old and saw all three of the Star Wars films in the theater. I distinctly remembered Luke jumping back up and grabbing onto the floor grate in Jabba’s palace to escape the rancor, only to have his hands stomped on to him falling back down. As it would turn out, in one of the adaptations by Alan Dean Foster, and the Return Of The Jedi story books, that was how it played, out but not in the movie. There are other things too, that we probably read, or saw as kids that altered our memories.

With Star Wars especially, there was so many people cashing in on that franchise, that our memories of the film are going to be tainted with memories of commercials, trailers, books, comics, and hell even toy commercials to where we have homogenized everything into what we think we believe is the true Experience of that franchise.

Considering how Lucas treated the original trilogy, I’d be surprised if there is an original cut of the film that even exists.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

My introduction to The Mandela Effect was my Mom yelling at the television the day he was released from prison, "Nelson Mandela is dead". And then again whenever he made the news. Always bring it up. From 1990 on...

Wasn't even called an effect yet.

I have often wondered why people are trying to gaslight me that my memory of my moms false memory is also false.

I remember her saying that, as sure as she remembers him dying in prison. Even including a specific memory of the news story and memorial service. I think...

Maybe it was some s# where his death was like giving Biff The Sports Almanac and they had to correct what effect it had.

Even being BS, it is still one of my favorite timeline time travel narratives.

All in all, if a video survived with Darth Vader, there should at least be stock footage of Mandela's funeral. An old box that says "Fruit Loops". It doesn't fit the butterfly timeline shift to have memories and no other artifacts. Or just that one artifact of uncertain origin.

I mean, unless you argue such a hard determinism that free will evaporates entirely. And that memory of said determinism varies between objective and subjective.

Maybe its like a programming incompatibility. Like the individual actor program (the conscious line of code of ourselves) is still running on the Mandela dead update and then the objective landscape part is updated to a different outcome. And it is like a syntax error.

Honestly, if you want to find The Brahman Proof of a higher unchanging self or everlasting soul, perhaps the Mandela effect is the place to start.

Of course they have to be REAL memories to qualify, but it's worth a shot.

Still like indeterminism too much to buy the determinism implications of it all. But open to being wrong.
edit on 28-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think the voice of Vader is edited in the old looking video. It does not sit phonetically and vocal acting wise. It sounds very unnatural; the timing and the pitch. Someone copied and pasted and EQ'd a "Luke" and put it there. Hence not going to say the crowd reaction is from an Avengers movie which is noted in the video's info.

But still, I am sure I heard "Luke" when I first watched it years ago. Maybe we all heard "no" as "luke" in our heads while concentrating at the bigger issue next, which is Vader was his father.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It’s true, my ex was replaced - one minute she couldn’t get enough of me, the next she couldn’t stand my company. If that’s not proof then I don’t know what is…

But, seriously, I’d ask how cinema goers managed to film that scene in 1980? In those days was there even any such thing as a video camera? And if there was it would’ve been huge; how did they smuggle that (or a super 8/16 film camera) into the anuditorium and film?

Alternatively I’d suggest it’s fake - faked video tape look and dubbed audience sound. In the first vid there’s a big gap in Vader’s dialogue between “No” and “I am your father” in which to edit in “Luke”, which Vader says elsewhere in the franchise.

I’m not trying to debunk the whole Mandela Effect thing - who knows if it’s real - just saying this Vader thing isn’t a smoking gun

edit on 28-8-2023 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

haven't checked any of the videos yet but I'm having a hard time figuring out how time travellers from a parallel universe could change things in ours.
When decisions are made/things happen another universe is created. Time travellers might impact things happening in their universe but I'd say a new branch gets created from there.

Not ruling anything out though. Time for some more reading I guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this...Interesting that I had this very thought this past weekend.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Alright, alright calm down how haha.

Now not to directly respond to you on that but to clarify my own opinion

Seriously though while some woman (and men) may be an enigma to there spouse and remember we all change as we age and sometimes we love in a very different way to the way we did when we were young the so called Mandela Affect in my humble opinion has too many people experiencing it to simply be all put down to mass delusion, hysteria or some other pseudo scientific explanation coined by a man that liked his own mother (Freud what an utter weirdo compared to him Jung was a far more rational and open minded person).

So there is some meat on the bones here even if it is an overdone subject on this site as there are literally as we both know so very many threads on this subject over the years that it boggles the mind, a fact that itself shows that many fellow members both past and present have experiences something along these lines.

Now that said some form of artificial delusion for example em spectrum induced psychosis such as that caused by microwave transmissions etc or even the rumoured claim that deliberate mind control has been attempted on large population groups by several clandestine intelligence agency's notable in the US and also apparently in other parts of the world could also be a nice counter subject.

But that said while I am open to my mind not being perfect and my memories not being perfect I like to counter that point with the sheer number of cases of people remembering reality being different sometimes in a small manner and other times in a big manner.

It even kind of makes me think of story's of the man from Taurad though not a Mandela type case it may be related suggesting that if people can potentially pass from a parallel reality then of course information and quantum states can too.

Other cases Casper hauser, the green children of woolpit and of course the probable urban legend of the city of Biringan from the Philippines.

en.wikipedia.org...
I can't find a good video on Biringan though there was a few years ago, it was claimed that while it may be an urban legend story's include a man that drove into the city not knowing where he was seeing tall modern skyscrapers but everything was black (building's, sidewalks and the people were all dressed in black), the people of the city are said to appear almost but not quite human there eye's being a bit different with some account's claiming a strange eye's and no filtrum under the nost (that's the crease in the middle of your upper like that leads up to the part of your nose between your nostrils apparently they don't have one), the man who was driving decided to take a rest and when he woke up the next morning he found himself in his truck in the middle of a field far from the road with no track's leading to his truck as if it had just been popped down there (or had passed back into our reality).

All makes me think of this.
At certain levels consciousness and reality are linked at the quantum level.

See also double slit aperture experiment and parallel reality's.

There are also many other cases that sound odd.
www.markhoward.co.za...

edit on 28-8-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

WOW an actual saffa who has the Mugabee Effect, you say you're 29 so I'm not going to ask you about that day in 94, it came on the radio when we were on the school bus and we all cheered... then our wonderful Western Australia was flooded with white saffas.

The FW in FW De Cleck stands for f*ckwit.

ETA: sit if you're 29 you wouldnt even remember him being in jail.
edit on 28-8-2023 by BeTheGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

You are right , the Starwars and Forrest Gump examples i gave was probably just multiple takes for the final cut.

But there is just one more mandela affect that is still bothering me.

it's the Bare Necessities song from the jungle book sang by Phil Harris from 1967. in the song instead of singing "fonder of my big home" he says "found in my big home". but the official lyrics is "fonder" and what is creepy is that EVERY COVER MADE SINCE the 1967 song uses "fonder of my big home". there is no other versions or mention of the word "found" in the song it never existed.....until now.

I removed the backround music so you can hear more clearly.

Here is a video of children singing along the original song despite them completely miss quoting the original song. Are they not aware of what they are hearing? I don't know this one is super weird. Does anyone have an explanation?

edit on 28-8-2023 by RedPanda94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I get it , but why does it pertain only to popular culture and books
why not biology, chemistry or physics
or historical accounts

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i've got two questions about this whole thing;

1)) why does it only take the form of ironic/poetic mixups in film dialogue and product names, as opposed to major historical events? The one it's named for is a big deal and would change a lot but then everything else is like "i remember the lines rhyming and if they don't that means the world has changed" which is.......... sociologically speaking, a fascinating response. And yet, i remember some of those differences too. It's weird is what it is.

2)) why does everyone get hung up on supposed "proof" of things being the old way? If anything a "proof" like that Vader statuette shows that it's an easy line to get fuddled. SURELY if history is changed then it can no longer have a tangible existence in the new. Some people remembering could be some sort of informational quirk or something. But if there are physical effects that show an alteration...... well we're dealing with something very different then, aren't we?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i've got two questions about this whole thing;

1)) why does it only take the form of ironic/poetic mixups in film dialogue and product names, as opposed to major historical events? The one it's named for is a big deal and would change a lot but then everything else is like "i remember the lines rhyming and if they don't that means the world has changed" which is.......... sociologically speaking, a fascinating response. And yet, i remember some of those differences too. It's weird is what it is.

2)) why does everyone get hung up on supposed "proof" of things being the old way? If anything a "proof" like that Vader statuette shows that it's an easy line to get fuddled. SURELY if history is changed then it can no longer have a tangible existence in the new. Some people remembering could be some sort of informational quirk or something. But if there are physical effects that show an alteration...... well we're dealing with something very different then, aren't we?

Information transfer between close parallel realitys is far more likely that that between very different reality's.

The Man from Taurad example I put in my earlier comment may be an exception as he seems to have for a short period of time stepped into a radically different reality to his own with a divergent history so great that were today the small protectorate of Andorra (the OTHER and more exclusive and secret Switzerland like nation apparently though also far smaller and more of a Luxemburg type affair, still while a protectorate of Spain it is more or less an independent nation with it's own laws etc so arguably due to divergent history Andorra is Taurad but our version of it a far smaller affair than the great nation state he was so proud of before vanishing presumably back into his own time line or if that had ceased to exist also ceasing to exist himself leaving a quantum burp in our own time line) exists between France and Spain HIS world had that as part of a major nation state.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join