It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the english beat - sooner or later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am posting this song because in America around say 1990 my best pal was their biggest fan. He was bisexual, or whatever but man we had fun drinking and playing chess and whatever. Just wild times. He was one of those guys that was funny and full of wit and intelligence and everyone that knew him loved him and so did I. And not sexually, he was just a great pal. I could count on him for anything and I would return the favor. Now I have as an Independant person politically have to suffer non stop nonsense from people that are Democrats saying that I am a bigot and a homophobe. My best pal from back then (A working member of the DNC) would probably roll in his grave thinking that people thought that of me. I do not understand how we as Americans got to this place where we are now. It is completely retarded. One of my nightmares is that say if my pal was still alive that he would grow to hate me as much as people that are DNC chumps do now. I doubt it, because he was more intelligent than anyone I had ever met (a habit of his was to invite people to watch Jeopardy with him and see if anyone could answer as many questions as he could - he always won by leaps and bounds). ANyway, this was his favorite song. And I now listen to it and sometime shed a tear on what we have become in this country. I know this is sort of stupid, and yeah I have had too much to think (drink) but man the state of the world now just bewilders me. My pal died of a heart attack around 10 years ago. He was overweight, alcoholic, and liked coc aine too much, but even so, when whatever God made him he truly broke the mold. And sometimes that is why I just get so mad at so many people thinking that just because you don't want to vote for a Democrat must mean that you are a nazi. I am just amazed by it. Anyway, this is dumb on my part, but I wish you , all of you could have been having fun with us back then. It was an amazing time and we all just were in love with living and it was a great time.

Seems like the YT embed is broken, here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

He like all of their stuff, but this song in particular. Had a dream of moving to Paris and so on. Like alot of us did back then.
edit on 15-8-2023 by greendust because: love ya

edit on 15-8-2023 by greendust because: he would always say to everyone when coming or going, "love ya!"

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Here is your link.

They are known in The UK as just " The Beat " Formed in my home city of Birmingham.

edit on 15-8-2023 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thank you . not sure why I keep messing those up today.

new topics

join