It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Color Changing From Brown to Blue and Vice Versa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We have a gentleman whom many consider a Saint locally, his name is Gary.

Gary had long dreadlocks and frequently can be found sitting at the same location watching traffic and going about his meditations.

I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, and the last time I saw him before today his eyes were very clear and focused and a warm denim blue.

I remember this because he had a very focused stare while he was going through whatever he deals with mentally, and I offered him something to eat, which he gratefullly accepted.

Today, when I passed by him at his usual spot, he seemed more stressed than usual, having a hard day, and I gently placed my hand on his knee and offered him a couple of cigarettes.

When he looked up at me, I noticed his eyes were a hazel brown.

I can't explain this phenomena.

I knew another homeless gentleman who was suffering from gall bladder issues and shortly before his passing his eyes changed from hazel brown to a pale light blue.

I know physiology can sometimes affect eye color, but I've never noticed anything as dramatic as what I saw with Gary today.

Any ideas?

Had anyone else come across this phenomena?

edit on 8/14/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
We have a gentleman whom many consider a Saint locally, his name is Gary.

Gary had long dreadlocks and frequently can be found sitting at the same location watching traffic and going about his meditations.

I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, and the last time I saw him before today his eyes were very clear and focused and a warm denim blue.

I remember this because he had a very focused stare while he was going through whatever he deals with mentally, and I offered him something to eat, which he gratefullly accepted.

Today, when I passed by him at his usual spot, he seemed more stressed than usual, having a hard day, and I gently placed my hand on his knee and offered him a couple of cigarettes.

When he looked up at me, I noticed his eyes were a hazel brown.

I can't explain this phenomena.

I knew another homeless gentleman who was suffering from gall bladder issues and shortly before his passing his eyes changed from hazel brown to a pale light blue.

I know physiology can sometimes affect eye color, but I've never noticed anything as dramatic as what I saw with Gary today.

Any ideas?

Had anyone else come across this phenomena?

I am one of those people. My eyes have changed to green in some parts back to blue and so on over my life. A little brown here and there. I have no idea why. But trust me, I have not garnered any special powers from it. If anything in the past I had goth type girlfriends that made a big deal of it when they liked me, but as time went on they realized I was just an ass.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Mood eyes. It's rare. A homeless person with mental problems is a prime candidate.

You might have heard it said that eye colors change with mood, but the truth behind that is the iris is responding to emotional and hormonal changes. This can cause eyes to seem lighter or darker in color as a response to an emotional situation, but this would not be a full change in the color of the eyes.

So my guess is a high level of adrenaline was pumping through his system.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

I'm predominantly Hazel but I have seen my eyes turn a deep olive green before, one friend said they flashed ice blue in an instant when i was really angry about something someone said, but I can't confirm.

It's just unusual to me to see such a drastic change and I haven't found any medical insight into explaining the phenomena to my satisfaction.

Thanks for sharing though!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Mood eyes.

I learned something new today!

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Not a real term. Had an ex who I knew was pissed at me when her eyes were darker. I called them mood eyes. They really took the cognitive dissonance out of the passive aggression.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I like the term, it's simple and descriptive.

Sometimes folk terminology is better than a huge plethora of medical terminology to describe a phenomena.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I'm predominantly Hazel but I have seen my eyes turn a deep olive green before, one friend said they flashed ice blue in an instant when i was really angry about something someone said, but I can't confirm.

It's just unusual to me to see such a drastic change and I haven't found any medical insight into explaining the phenomena to my satisfaction.

Thanks for sharing though!

Any time. I think at some point this gal tried to tell me that was because I "suffered" synthistasia (sp?) Maybe she was right, I have no idea. I told her that regardless I still had to wake up in the morning and work and if it was something special then please turn me into a wizard that could stop time since I had a hangover and didnt want to go to work.

BTW, I am not mocking you, I am just relating my experience. I am sure that somehow, somewhere this kind of thing matters.
edit on 14-8-2023 by greendust because: I love you

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My eyes change from Baby sheet green to blue to a hazel or even gray pretty often. Usually they are greenish. If I take a high dose Iodine they change to a grayish Hazel color. I have not identified the factors in diet that cause the other color changes away from predominantly green other than the iodine. I know other people who have their eye color change too, but not many...maybe around four or five. I have discussed it with some of them, but nobody actually knew for sure what stimulates the change. My eyes can change color in a couple of hours, but I have not had much luck figuring out what causes it because I am used to it and it is not something I think is important anymore, it was more of an interest to me like thirty years ago. My wife considered my eyes blue when she met me and I told her they are green, she looked at them and said they are green and she thought she made her first mistake in her life until I told her that maybe they were blue around the time we met because they do change. Lately they have been more bluish than green for some reason. I think mood might be involved somehow too, mood alters body chemistry somewhat.

Probably not wise to play poker when my eye color changes like that.
edit on 15-8-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   

No worries.

I'm just worried about Gary, we as a community watch over him, he's a gentle soul.

If it's something medical, I don't have any resources at my disposal except to pray for him and make sure he's getting enough water and good food.

edit on 8/15/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No worries.

I'm just worried abotu Gary, we as a community watch over him, he's a gentle soul.

If it's something medical, I don't have any resources at my disposal except to pray for him and make sure he's getting enough water and good food.

Its ok, in regard, I have had times where I can "see" sounds and things of that nature, I am not sure what it means and it really hasnt helped me know anything. I just think of it as one of those things. Like maybe I have more rods and cones than other people. Sometimes I think it is why I love reality more than other people I know. Its like I am not in the same reality as they are. Still though, it hasnt benefitted me in any way I can tell.

I watched a show where people with more rods and cones are better at art, but I suck at art. Decent at music and maybe my tongue or something, but thats about it.
edit on 15-8-2023 by greendust because: I am so happy to be alive. I hope you are too!

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Salt water(blue) and Honey(brown) when applied to the eyes opening them in the salt water and putting drops of honey in the corners of the eyes before sleep will do it.

The effects are usually temporary until one or the other takes hold as an expression.

There are medical benefits of both having to do with vision

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
sounds like grey eyes to me..

the earliest trade routes in neck of the woods on the southern english coast is with the likes of Finland and baltic states and it seems they didn't just exchange good but fluids too as I know I am not alone in this region to have grey eyes, they seem blue in some situations, seem green in others and grey some of the time..

gray eyes are one of the rarests eye colours around 3% only..

grey eyes

Human eyes come in many colors — brown, blue, green, hazel, amber, and even violet or gray eyes. Gray eye color is one of the loveliest and most uncommon, a trait shared by only 3% of the world’s population. The color and intensity of gray eyes varies from person to person and can include dark gray, gray-green and gray-blue.

Eye color actually refers to the color of the iris, a ring of tissue that surrounds the pupil. The pupil is an opening at the center of the iris that appears black, while the white part of your eye is called the sclera.

The color of the iris depends on the presence of a brown pigment called melanin, the same pigment that determines skin color and hair color. Eyes with a lot of melanin are darker, and eyes with less melanin are blue, green, hazel, amber or gray.

eta i know this extract is true at least for me..

People with gray eyes may also note that their eyes seem to change color depending on the color of clothing (or eye makeup) the individual is wearing, or how bright the surrounding lighting is.

edit on 15-8-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The eyes produce melanin when exposed to light, being homeless would probably mean he's exposed to the elements a lot more. Ever noticed the colour of a baby's eyes? They're usually grey/blue due to the same reason.

a reply to: nickyw

I don't think I've ever read about that, I have the same eyes and I've noticed the reflective quality in others too. They'll somewhat glow when the lighting is right.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My wife’s eyes change with her surroundings.

Brown to hazel to even emerald green.

She has RH negative blood.

I always have blamed that.

I have often thought I married a lizard.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Nice honest reply. I have green eyes with a ring of blue around the outside. Now if we are talking about genetics, I would say I defy those from everything I was taught in school. My mom has brown eyes, and my dad blue. My color changes to blue and then dark green and also hazel. Sometimes I think it is the color of things close to me that bounces off my eye reflection and other times I have noticed that when I am angry or sleepy, they will get a more hazel tone.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
You might be right. I have RH-NEG blood too and green eyes. But, I am deathly afraid of lizards so maybe lizard part does not apply.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I can attest to salt water effects on color. My son grew up surfing. He has hazel eyes. I noticed that every time he came home from being in the ocean, his eyes turned nearly golden. Still to this day.

His son, like most babies was born with blue eyes. But they just stayed blue. His mom has brown eyes, but there is apparently Spanish ancestry as well as NA. They are now a beautiful light hazel.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69

Im A- with green eyes. My daugter is A-, intense blue eyes with a dark ring around them. She can hypnotize by making and holding eye contact, and then she starts 'selling' them. Doesn t matter what she is selling. Ice water to Eskimos. It's in her eyes.

I like lizards of all kinds. Except Gila Monsters. Large as a raccoon, fast, aggressive and venomous. Luckily they are rare too.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My eyes are normally green, but I've been told by several ex-girlfriends, (not ex- at the time they told me), and how shall I put this as "restrained" as I can, that when we were in the "throes of passion," my eyes turned a real deep blue. Being color blind, I can't tell if they do this at any other time. I'm thinking they're almost like a mood ring! And I know what blue means.

But, then I was born with problem eyes. I've been totally color blind my whole life. I can only see in black and white and shades of gray. And bright light hurts my eyes, so that I always have to wear dark glasses in bright sunlight. We just have to play the hand we're dealt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join