It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top10 Scariest Places You Can Actually Visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is one of the older Why File presentations about places I did not know existed of or their gruesome reported history. Not being much of a paranormal kind of guy I still found these stories interesting...Enjoy.

The Top10 Scariest Places You Can Actually Visit Do you love scary places, haunted houses, abandoned mines and ghost towns? Have you ever noticed that every list for "Scariest Places in the World" or "Creepiest Locations in the US" contain places that you can't really visit? We're going to fix that! Here are the top 10 spookiest places in the United States that you can actually visit -- right now, today. If you're on the East coast, West coast or in the middle of the country, we've found a ghostly, haunted location that you can check out right now -- if you dare. Whether you're a serious paranormal investigator or just enjoy the darker side of history, this video has something for you.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The spookiest place I've ever been was Philadelphia State Hospital at Byberry

We used to creep around there late a night when I was a teenager.

There was a dozen or so buildings all connected by underground catacombs and tunnels. 11/10 on the creepy scale.

They tore it down 10 or so years ago though.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Why isn't Fentanyl Island on the list?

The spookiest place that I have visited was an old abandoned? possibly semi-private? cemetery near Powell River, BC. A friend took me there, if you didn't know where to look you would never find it because it was off main roads and was hidden from view by dense foliage. I took a bunch of pictures, and then after getting them back from processing, found what looked like apparitions in several of them. I'm pretty sure I still have the negatives and prints in storage... I'm just afraid to look in my storage (it should be on that list too).

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat
No ghosts but the oddest cemetery I’ve seen is a little tiny one right by the bay in Panama City / Tyndall AFB.
You had to drive pretty far through base property then off on a sand/ washboard road for a while, then it dead-ended at this tiny little sandy graveyard.
Mostly people who moved to FL from the north right after the civil war, lots of vets and children who died very young. They must have been truly out there on their own, through a lot of miserable hurricanes and disease and hunger. Nothing there until the air base well into the 1900’s.
I always felt like I needed to visit them every year when I went down there for my reserves time. Very interesting but kind of sad bit of history and tough times for some folks. I admired them for their military service and their gutsy willingness to be pioneers. Lots of difficult conditions and nasty critters.

edit on 12-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I photograph abandoned places and I've been to Eastern State Penn in Philly and Trans Alleghany in Weston on this list as well as several others not on the list. One of the places left off is Pennhurst State School and I had an encounter during the day in the basement of the Devonshire Building. Upon leaving the property the TV show Ghost Hunters were on their way in.

new topics

top topics

join