It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences - 'The Void' vs 'Heaven' - what do you expect when you die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If they're in a "void" how do they have any sense of awareness to be able to construct a description and memory of this void?

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

It’s black nothingness with your consciousness observing it without thought process. I got out of it by slamming myself back into my body by screaming bloody murder. After experiencing it, I can tell you the void is worse than experiencing life on this planet. It’s very unsettling thinking that you cease to exist.

a reply to: FlyersFan2

I’m not religious. I consider myself to be spiritual. I believe in reincarnation.

It was totally unexpected. That’s why I started screaming.

The second time it happened, I lost all my memories and identity. My father was sitting next to me and I couldn’t t see him. When my vision came back, it took me close to 10 minutes to start getting my memory back and recognize this person sitting next to me was actually my father.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It’s black nothingness with your consciousness observing it without thought process. I got out of it by slamming myself back into my body by screaming bloody murder. After experiencing it, I can tell you the void is worse than experiencing life on this planet. It’s very unsettling thinking that you cease to exist.

So much for a tunnel with a bright loving light at the end, eh?
It's 'Void' stories that scare me.
Because as a previous post said - the science says we cease to exist and that it's the 'void' for everyone in the end.
And that scares the stuff'n out of me.
And pisses me off. No justice in the end.
The bad guys get away with everything and there is no reward for good behavior.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

If it's truly nothingness then there would be nothing for your consciousness to observe. The only experience you would recollect is a lapse in time. One moment you're here, next moment you're here, again with nothing in between. If you were paying attention to the clock, you might notice a time gap and you might feel like something's "off" like "what happened?" but you would have no recollection of anything beyond that. If you went into your memory, that moment wouldn't exist, it would be spliced out because your consciousness would cease recording.

But you and others are describing going "somewhere else". You are experiencing sensations of going through something or having something happen to you. Your consciousness is recording these events and storing them in your memory and you have recollection of them. This indicates you were still inside of space and time. Maybe not *this* realm of spacetime that we're in right now but it wasn't a void. It was something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I always find it interesting when a non-experiencer try’s to tell me what I actually have experienced.

Okay, you go experience it and get back to me. This stuff is legal so I can talk about it here. Go buy the strongest Salvia Divinorum you can find. Smoke a huge rip of it and see what happens. That’s the stuff that produced my second experience.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Why are you taking offense when I'm merely stating facts?
I have experienced a void. I've been under anesthesia.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My aunt, in the hours before her passing, spoke of friends and family that were there with her. Friends and family which had already passed on.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown

Why are you taking offense when I'm merely stating facts?
I have experienced a void. I've been under anesthesia.

I’m not offended at all. It takes a hell of a lot more than what you said, to accomplish that.

I just find it funny that you’re trying to identify the phenomena as something other than a ‘void’. Because IMO, it’s the perfect word to describe it. It’s exactly the word I used after my first experience in 2006.

How else do you define black nothingness, as an observer with no thought process?

I’ve never had anesthesia. I’ve heard many accounts that people dream a lot in that state. So very different than what I’m referencing.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's a little bit like light in the darkness, the void isn't void once you are there.

What if it's the infinite potential that appears as nothing, like mixing all colors giving you black...

With a little imagination the void is a great playground

Be the light
edit on 9-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

People don't dream under anesthesia.

If you're observing a black nothingness then that means you're still conscious. So it's not nothing. It's something.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan2
What are you expecting to experience when you die?

A tunnel with a bright white light at the end? Loved ones who have died before you? Peace? Religious or spiritual figures? Angels? Clouds or meadows and gardens? A party for your arrival? A loving feeling of oneness with everyone? All those feel good things? The typical things most people think of?

Well, seems a lot of people who have Near Death Experiences don't experience those things. Most enter 'the void'. Black nothingness. And along with the nothingness comes a loss of self. "You" slip away and stop existing. Not even thoughts can happen.

There are many reddit threads on this with people relating their NDEs and most are 'the void'. I won't link them. it's not allowed to link to other discussion forums. But I did find a site that describes a few examples and I have posted it for your reading.

So are the 'feel good' NDEs just the dying brain releasing '___' and other chemicals? A dying psychosis of a sort? Or are those real along with 'the void' being real and it just depends on circumstances what kind of NDE/death you have? Ghosts exist so there is an afterlife for at least some people. Of course, some ghosts are not ghosts at all but are demonic ploys but that's a whole other topic. And there is reincarnation and some expect that as well.

What do you expect to happen when you die.

Some 'void' NDE's -
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

An NDE of the “void” is an ontological encounter with a perceived vast emptiness, often a devastating scenario of aloneness, isolation, sometimes annihilation. A woman in childbirth found herself abruptly flying over the hospital and into deep, empty space. A group of circular entities informed her she never existed, that she had been allowed to imagine her life but it was a joke; she was not real. She argued with facts about her life and descriptions of Earth. “No,” they said, “none of that had ever been real; this is all there was.” She was left alone in space.2, pp. 1–5

Another woman in childbirth felt herself floating on water, but at a certain point, “It was no longer a peaceful feeling; it had become pure hell. I had become a light out in the heavens, and I was screaming, but no sound was going forth. It was worse than any nightmare. I was spinning around, and I realized that this was eternity; this was what forever was going to be…. I felt the aloneness, the emptiness of space, the vastness of the universe, except for me, a mere ball of light, screaming.”

A woman who attempted suicide felt herself sucked into a void: “I was being drawn into this dark abyss, or tunnel, or void…. I was not aware of my body as I know it…. I was terrified. I felt terror. I had expected nothingness; I expected the big sleep; I expected oblivion; and I found now that I was going to another plane … and it frightened me. I wanted nothingness, but this force was pulling me somewhere I didn’t want to go, but I never got beyond the fog.”

A man who was attacked by a hitchhiker felt himself rise out of his body: “I suddenly was surrounded by total blackness, floating in nothing but black space, with no up, no down, left, or right…. What seemed like an eternity went by. I fully lived it in this misery. I was only allowed to think and reflect.”
I expect a battle with death . We are drawn to cross the void while alive so you can withstand it in death .
Just my opinions. Cool thread

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So much for a tunnel with a bright loving light at the end, eh?
It's 'Void' stories that scare me.
Because as a previous post said - the science says we cease to exist and that it's the 'void' for everyone in the end.
And that scares the stuff'n out of me.
And pisses me off. No justice in the end.
The bad guys get away with everything and there is no reward for good behavior.
There is esoteric thoughts that the tunnel of light is a trap & we are to fight or demand to be reunited with the creator of life & light .
What is the point of misery in life if we all go to a happy tunnel of light with our favorite people ?

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: psychotrail
I expect a battle with death .

What do we say to the God of Death?
NOT TODAY

** Game of Thrones

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What is the point of misery in life if we all go to a happy tunnel of light with our favorite people ?

"Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any different?"
- Pirates of the Caribbean

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I expect a battle with death .

What do we say to the God of Death?
NOT TODAY

** Game of Thrones
Ive not watched anybof that show .
C.C said that if you are wondering about your death , just turn to your left shoulder & ask if death is here for you ? Death will always reply with “ NO “
There is a reason for that wink winkn

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any different?"
- Pirates of the Caribbean

No doubt life can be cruel. We are meant to escape death . Many figures have tried to show us how . My theory on the matter doesn’t matter as everyone is going to face their death & not mine or your’s .

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I devoured every book about the psychic Edgar Cayce in the 70's and 80's. I especially liked the book 'Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation'.

In it he channeled information that we're here to learn lessons enabling us to eventually become one with Source, having no need to reincarnate anymore BUT we have a choice! Some call it karma.

A physical body requires a minimum frequency to operate, mush like a car needs gas. The higher the frequency vibration, the closer to Source one becomes, BUT if one were to spend their life feeding negative energies (greed, theft, crime, self-service, etc.) the vibration lowers.
It can eventually lower to the point where there is not enough energy manufactured to inhabit a body and make it function; this is hell. Your mind exists, but you'll never have a body to act out your thoughts again.

Everything we've ever said, done, experienced, learned is locked away in our subconscious mind, making me think our brains have some sort of 'firewall' preventing them from being overwhelmed and crashing.

I experienced a 'visitation' from an uncle at 1:30 in the morning; it was very real, and NOT my imagination. He was crying, terrified and telling me he didn't know what to do now.
At 10:30 the next morning another aunt and uncle came over to tell me he had died the night before in a car accident at 8:30 PM.

Was that just his 'consciousness'? I don't know.

Are we just part of a giant computer program in a holographic world? I don't know.

Is ' --- ' responsible for our NDE's? I don't know. It does seem to temporarily break through what appears to be some sort of mental firewall.

It seem curious to me how the physiology of life forms so closely resemble a computer. Maybe the end game is when we figure out all the game plays and codes a restart is forced.

I have an undying belief in a creator, possibly from being instilled at me in an early age, or maybe from 'genetic memory' as the product of highly religious ancestors, including a Gr. Grandfather minister. That doesn't explain the odd experiences I've had through life, though.

We create our reality; 'where attention goes energy flows' is something that doesn't get enough attention. If you're a Debby Downer, you won't be attracting much in the way of positive elements, for example. You'll be repelling that which you want most. That makes me wonder if we don't somehow create what happens during NDE's from our life experiences and expectations.

I don't know what's on the other side, but I sure hope if there's anyone there to greet me it's this girl.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Some believe that Hell is a nothingness of seperation from God and everyone else. No light,no fire,just cold nothingness and the ability to do anything about it.But who really knows what that void is.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I always find it interesting when a non-experiencer try’s to tell me what I actually have experienced.

Okay, you go experience it and get back to me. This stuff is legal so I can talk about it here. Go buy the strongest Salvia Divinorum you can find. Smoke a huge rip of it and see what happens. That’s the stuff that produced my second experience.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I went somewhere when I smoked Salvia. It was an abandoned Gas Station somewhere in the Desert. Everything seemed orange, even the Sky. When I walked into the Garage, it felt like I walked into some invisible force that was slowing spinning clockwise. It was a very eerie place that I still remember quite vividly.

My Dad said he went to a place that had a wall of water that he could see through. His side was dark/black/nothingness, but the other side he said he could see a blurred landscape and people. He said that one of them approached the water wall and told him that he wasn’t supposed to be here. After that he said he slammed back into his body.

I’d take my eerie orange Desert with an abandoned Gas Station over the void for sure lol.

edit on 9-8-2023 by MufflerTuesday because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I expect the same as usual. I will die. All eternity will pass in less than a blink of an eye and once everything realigns exactly, as it must do, I will be born again just as I always am, with. Couple of odd random thoughts. Hopefully next time it will be apple stock and Bitcoin.

Unfortunately it always happens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join