It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so hard to understand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
company i worked for bought a "base" model Ford. vinyl floor vinyl seats crank windows. They had to special order it. No dealer around keeps those kind in stock.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I took me a long journey and several "wake up calls" to stop going through different jobs like cleaning, confection, service then data analysis to find enough courage and also a lot of luck. The machine shop I inherited from my uncle was great part of it. I knew some of the machines already and they were in good shape, good tolerances. Bit luck in krypto (it was ridiculous easy at that time) and I could invest in my own building and most important, AWD dyno.

But originally I started out with cleaning and restoring cars, storage for cars and had my own little shop with above machines also working on my own drag car that I built with my uncle. R33 GTR with tons of mods, drag specs but enough support mods to do hill climb and a few rounds on the Nürburgring. Then the first customers that had their cars used on differnt race tracks stored there short time, some long time, asked for repairs. So I did that also and then someone gave me the first engine mod job. So I did that too and it grew and grew.

I already was on race tracks as a teenager, not driving though, that helped a lot

And thank you for the nice words but I am not special, just dedicated and a freak

edit on 1.8.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You’ve mistakenly chosen to only do business with people holding integrity. You’ll never get the car you want that way.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yup. You'll come across that in any aspect of sales/customer service. Those people are BRUTAL. Some are worse than others, sure, but all variations of snakes have scales

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I swear after reading this, it was as if I saw myself reflected in a perfect mirror. To know that there is someone out there, experiencing the same kind of nonsense and reacting the same way I do. It is as if the universe is saying, you are not alone.

Thank you for this validation today.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
or to quote Samuel L Jackson "ENGLISH MOTHER F**KER DO YOU SPEAK IT.

[ deep breath ]

I'm looking for a new truck. My old Dodge is in need of some TLC and I decided that this Winter will be the time to do it. I have a shop with plenty of room and I decided I'll just park it in there and work on it when I feel like. I'll order parts a bit at a time and just take it slow. Once the cold weather sets in and I can't go fishing, it'll be something to do.

Problem is, car salesmen [ or women ] don't understand the term "base model". I have been to 4 dealerships and none of them seem to understand those words. Every. Single. Time. they keep trying to show me a loaded truck that I EXPLCITLY said I didn't want.

On top of acting like a pack of buzzards hovering over a dying mule, they just won't listen.
The conversation goes something like "Hi ! Can I help you find something ? "

Me :" I'm looking for a new truck, but just a base model. No frills, I do NOT want sat nav/gps/heated seats/touch screen/automatic ass wiper. Just heat/AC, a radio and electric windows. Even those are an option. If you have one with crank down that'll be fine too."

Them : " Let's take a look at this one, just let me get the keys" They come back, open the door and it looks like the bridge on the Enterprise. Buttons and switches, dials, leather seats, with a sun roof and of course, a touch screen.
...and they start the lies "I have a friend who just loves his heated and cooled seats and the GPS gets him right where he wants to go.....and I tune them out.
First 2 I stopped and said "I said base model"
"Oh we don't have one on the lot".
I just walked away.
Last 2, I didn't even stop their spiel, I just turned around and left.

As I head for the car, I get, "I have another one over there you may like"... and I just keep walking.
The last guy caught up with me and said he had a base model on the lot and we could go see it. I stopped, looked him in the eye and said "I TOLD you what I wanted and you showed me that damn thing anyway, trying to sell me what I didn't want so you could get a bigger commission. Now you don't get anything, 'cause I'll be buying from somewhere else"....and kept walking.
Go to a dealership that is also a fleet dealership. Problem solved . It’s called a work truck & not a base model . Ask for a work truck !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join