It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point in a religion that keeps changing its mind so as not to offend anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Good point

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Religion has always had to adapt even more so in the so called modern era. That's why religious leaders and to a certain extent religious followers hate archaeologists and historians so much. The religious narrative is slowly unwinding, how often have you seen religious followers unable to explain their religions inaccuracies refer to their book of choice as a unquestionable source that can't be challenged. When in reality the book has no provenance infact if the stories that the ancient Hebrew scribes wrote had not been published no one would know of their God. I'd even go as far to say most religious people don't even know the real name of the diety they call God.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
What is the point in a religion that keeps changing its mind so as not to offend anyone?

The Church of England is worth billions. Like everything else worth anything, its all about money at the end of the day and remaining relevant.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

probably bang on that

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Still busy inciting hatred I see. “But you did not learn the Christ to be like this, if, indeed, you heard him and were taught by means of him, just as truth is in Jesus.” “Let a rotten word not come out of your mouth, but only what is good for building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the hearers.” (Eph 4:20,29)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jesus was the image of God & He was a man. God was always described as masculine & specifically as our Father. Again, Jesus made that clear. The Archbishop is a traitor against his faith, because he is meddling with established truth by using modern sentiment as the basis for doing so. That is human. To err is human. To forgive the Archbishop for this treachery is God's business - I personally think he should be defrocked for manipulating the church in this way, for deliberately introducing confusion into the hearts of the people who look to the church for stability & coherence in a world which is always changing, and not always for the better. We must stand by our faith, we must stand by its basic tenets, and we should not be meddling with central themes in such a manner. I feel very strongly about this, he is leading people away from central truths which have been held as sacrosanct for thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The problem is with an upstart archbishop, not the faith itself.

Just felt I should make that clear as a direct response to the title of the thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is ultimate truth, and there is the truth that has been revealed so far to the church. It may need to admit mistakes and change in order to grow. Have you not changed as a man from the time you were born?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Still busy inciting hatred I see. “But you did not learn the Christ to be like this, if, indeed, you heard him and were taught by means of him, just as truth is in Jesus.” “Let a rotten word not come out of your mouth, but only what is good for building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the hearers.” (Eph 4:20,29)

And as I can see, you deny the rot and harm in the organisation you support
Don’t answer my question, fine

Preaching from such a disgusting position, jw,org, protects pedophiles

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector" Matthew 18:15-17.

'And if the church refuses to listen and act, let it be anathema'.
Me: Just now.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Until China cross the border and take all the good stuff

The Communist Chinese are Guilty of Stifling Original Thought . A Sure Sign they are Going the Way of the Dinosaurs of 65 Million Years Ago.......

edit on 5-8-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join