It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid and the need for toilet paper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am not even sure where this fits in to which forum but here goes..
My first memory of Covid was people rushing to buy toilet paper. Where we all under a trance at the time? I remember thinking that there is something about to go down and people are hoarding toilet paper and not gas, food or water. Can anyone give me a explanation behind this weirdness?

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69

It was the elites essentially saying to each other " Watch. They're dumb enough to do anything out of manufactured fear."

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

It's an old magic trick, now called Television. It's very old, very comon, and very poorly understood by most, a real charm if you know how to spell it...

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We really are just a bunch of lab rats who can be trained to do anything....no matter how ridiculous

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It was the one thing that was noticed, but much else was hoarded too. For example, I thought meat would be next so I decided to go the way of buying mine direct from the ranch 1/2 cow at a time. I looked for a small top-load freezer and they were sold out across the country. Seems others had kind of the same idea. I ended up getting a good deal on a locally used one for like 100 bucks. I'm also glad I went with the grass feed cow too, and so still get my 1/2 cow when needed.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I thought I read somewhere contemporaneously that a mega pack of TP is the most conspicuous item in a store or specifically on a cart. This led people to notice it being shopped for all over the world. Some people feel they need to mention seeing empty TP shelves, on Facebook, Twatter, and Instagram and voila we panic like a bunch of bleating sheep.

Thus increasingly concerned consumers buy it more and more till that one day you have to use a napkin from Arby's.

No doubt some little old lady somewhere just opened the last mega-pack she hoarded in 2020.

edit on 1-7-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ir´s pretty simple. If you are full of sh!t (injected by the doomsday propaganda MSM), then of course you will need a lot of toilet paper.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It’s a good question and a small part of the overall psy-op that was the response covid. The TP shortage scare was started deliberately to create the wider panic that followed. I have seen pics of “agents” loading up SUV’s with it, right at the start of the thing, literally emptying shelves. A few posts on social media and viola everyone else starts to buy what they can.

The same thing was done with oil here in the U.K. after two years of hardly anyone driving about and the stock pile needed to be off loaded before its use by date. A false rumour of shortages was put out, and everyone began filling there tanks until a real supply/demand issue occurred and rationing was put in place at pumps. Sure enough the price shot up too, how convenient for the big oil companies?

The take away I got from it is the me first mentality that so many people obviously have. Just how quickly society would devolve into a Mad Max type scenario if a real crisis were to occur. But also conversely, people’s need to conform with what they think everyone else is doing, even if everyone else is acting irrationally.

It’s not that people are stupid, they are under a mild form of permanent hypnotic trance and all it takes is some suggestions from the zombie inducing screens to get them behaving in a way that looks ridiculous to anyone not under the spell.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I thought I read somewhere contemporaneously that a mega pack of TP is the most conspicuous item in a store or specifically on a cart.

When the supplies were coming back mid/late Covid, I had picked up one of those mega packs because that's what the store had in stock.

Will never forget the looks going to my vehicle in the parking lot. The "How could you?" and "Why I oughta...". Fortunately nothing happened but I was glad to get out of there. All over a freaking pack of butt wipe...

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I dont think there was much to it. People were in their homes more instead of going to work and school so they went thru toilet paper faster than usual creating excess demand.

Personally, what it showed was how unprepared people are for extended disasters where there isnany interuption in supply chain.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CaliGirl69 imitation. It’s a human fear response.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaliGirl69
My first memory of Covid was people rushing to buy toilet paper. Where we all under a trance at the time? I remember thinking that there is something about to go down and people are hoarding toilet paper and not gas, food or water. Can anyone give me a explanation behind this weirdness?

The problem with sheep is that they affect everyone. You might not buy into the narrative but because the sheep do you might have to stock up before they leave the shelves empty!

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It wasn't just toilet paper, I recall baking supplies were hoarded as well. It's called prepping for a long survival situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My local freezer market has 60 or so 6 foot chest freezers plus 30 foot plus of fridges for milk etc when the toilet paper madness broke I went to get some milk and the store was TOTALLY empty , I could have put what remained in that store in a hand basket every shelf and freezer or fridge was empty , what got me was even the cleaning stuff had been bought up dog food etc , and in a out of the way store .

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
My local freezer market has 60 or so 6 foot chest freezers plus 30 foot plus of fridges for milk etc when the toilet paper madness broke I went to get some milk and the store was TOTALLY empty , I could have put what remained in that store in a hand basket every shelf and freezer or fridge was empty , what got me was even the cleaning stuff had been bought up dog food etc , and in a out of the way store .

Can meat was also gone as were 50 lbs of rice bags...

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

it was essential so we could wipe up all the horse sh!t the Gov was feeding us...

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It had 0 to do with it being COVID and everything to do what the modern considers normal. For proof of this look to any major storm.

6 inches of snow are expected? Forget getting milk, bread or TP. A hurricane is gonna hit? Forget getting gas, water and TP.

I'm not saying COVID shouldn't be questioned but rarher saying history shouldnt be forgotten. That is also before adding in logical explanations like the shift to home work or other impacts.

edit on 1-7-2023 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
With people seeing all the crap in the news with the pandemic, people noticed it and realized we needed to make sure to have extra toilet paper to handle an increasing amount of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I remember seeing an empty part of the store that used to have vegetables and fruits. That was a freaky sight.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   

people are hoarding toilet paper and not gas, food or water.

They were definitely hoarding all of the above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join