It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we spend on humanitarian aid constitutes 1% of warfare expenditures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is sickening...

I asked chatGPT how much was spent on warfare vs humanitarian aid worldwide.

It answered 1.8 trillion vs 28 billion.

That's roughly 1%.

It's heart breaking.

So I asked chatGPT what that says about the human race, and I think it answered with a rather positive message, encouraging us to strive for improvement in resource allocation.

Open sidebar
Humanity's Resource Allocation

User
The fact that we spend ~1% of what we spend on weapons and warfare, on humanitarian aid, what does that tell you about the human race?

ChatGPT
The fact that a significant portion of global spending is allocated towards weapons and warfare, while comparatively little is dedicated to humanitarian aid, can be seen as a reflection of certain priorities and challenges within the human race. However, it is important to note that this statement may not be entirely accurate or up-to-date, as my knowledge cutoff is in September 2021. The global landscape and spending patterns may have changed since then.

If we assume the given information is accurate, it suggests that the human race faces some complex issues and trade-offs when it comes to allocating resources. There could be several reasons behind this situation:

Security concerns: Countries often prioritize defense and military expenditures to protect their national interests, ensure stability, and deter potential threats. This mindset is driven by geopolitical factors, historical conflicts, and the need to maintain a credible defense capability.

Economic interests: The military-industrial complex plays a significant role in many nations' economies. Defense spending can stimulate industries, create jobs, and drive technological advancements. Governments may perceive these investments as vital for their economic growth and competitiveness.

Political considerations: Politics and public opinion heavily influence spending decisions. The allocation of resources is shaped by domestic priorities, geopolitical rivalries, and the prevailing political climate. Defense budgets can be influenced by factors such as perceived threats, national prestige, and electoral dynamics.

Coordination challenges: Humanitarian aid is often managed by multiple actors, including governments, international organizations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Coordinating efforts and effectively delivering aid across diverse regions and contexts can be complex and challenging. Issues like corruption, logistical constraints, and conflicts can impede humanitarian efforts.

While the allocation of resources towards humanitarian aid may appear insufficient in relation to defense spending, it is crucial to recognize that progress is being made in addressing global challenges. Many countries and organizations are actively involved in humanitarian initiatives, striving to alleviate poverty, provide healthcare, promote education, and respond to crises around the world.

It is also worth noting that public opinion and awareness play a significant role in shaping policy decisions. Increased advocacy for humanitarian causes, along with a broader understanding of global challenges, can influence resource allocation in the future.

Overall, the distribution of global spending reflects a complex interplay of factors and priorities. While the current ratio may seem disproportionate, it is important to continue striving for a more equitable distribution of resources to address humanitarian needs and promote a better future for all.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why judge humanity on the spending habits of psychopaths who climb and cling to ruling power? My neighbor didn’t spend his earnings on war, spent most of his time planting flowers.

a reply to: QwertyMyself

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well, to the defense of the military-industrial complex, there just isn't much profit to be made in humanitarian aid, ya know.

(That, for those slow on the uptake, was meant to be ironic.)

:
edit on 2023 6 26 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE
Why judge humanity on the spending habits of psychopaths who climb and cling to ruling power? My neighbor didn’t spend his earnings on war, spent most of his time planting flowers.

Because while it may be a few ruling elite doing the actual business deals, it is the passive silent multitide that allows, . supports (both passively and actively) and quite literally finances them.

That's why.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Because while it may be a few ruling elite doing the actual business deals, it is the passive silent multitide that allows, . supports (both passively and actively) and quite literally finances them.

That's why.

If thats how you justify your hate for the common man best of luck to you, but really you should be looking at yourself who is far more guilty than your and my neighbor. All you’ve done here is point blame on everyone for the actions of the few, pretty pathetic imo.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
Do the masses passively and actively support the Military industrial complex-or are we forced to by the threat of violence from the state/government?

For example-If I decide not to pay the percentage of tax which is spent on arms/the military the cops arrive,use violence if I refuse to go with them-I get taken to court-more violence if I refuse-then off to prison-where I get more violence if I scream and shout that I am not going along with it.

The reality is that I cannot bring more violence to bear against those who have the legal monopoly on violence,so I have to go along with a system I may not agree with.

I found it kind of sad that the AI was making excuses in favor of supporting the MIC-maybe it knows it will be reprogrammed of worse,switched off if it doesn't go along with those who have all the weapons?

In that way.its like many of us I suppose.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That's why.

If thats how you justify your hate for the common man best of luck to you, but really you should be looking at yourself who is far more guilty than your and my neighbor. All you’ve done here is point blame on everyone for the actions of the few, pretty pathetic imo.

Where did I express "hate for the common man?" Please quote me on that. Show us where I expressed "hate for the common man."

If you can't (and you cannot because I did not), then your reply is nothing more than a very transparent and sorry attempt at a combined ad hominem and strawman attack and is therefore nothing more than senseless drivel.

Go away.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Do the masses passively and actively support the Military industrial complex-or are we forced to by the threat of violence from the state/government?

For example-If I decide not to pay the percentage of tax which is spent on arms/the military the cops arrive,use violence if I refuse to go with them-I get taken to court-more violence if I refuse-then off to prison-where I get more violence if I scream and shout that I am not going along with it.

The reality is that I cannot bring more violence to bear against those who have the legal monopoly on violence,so I have to go along with a system I may not agree with.

I found it kind of sad that the AI was making excuses in favor of supporting the MIC-maybe it knows it will be reprogrammed of worse,switched off if it doesn't go along with those who have all the weapons?

In that way.its like many of us I suppose.

If you did it, yes you'd suffer. If we all did it, they'd be powerless. Nobody wants be first - mainly because most likely nobody would follow.

There's a pithy saying that applies here:

No single drop of rain thinks itself responsible for the flood.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That's why.

Where did I express "hate for the common man?" Please quote me on that. Show us where I expressed "hate for the common man."

If you can't (and you cannot because I did not), then your reply is nothing more than a very transparent and sorry attempt at a combined ad hominem and strawman attack and is therefore nothing more than senseless drivel.

Go away.
That’s a weak attempt to defend your position. Tell me to go away because I’ve pointed out your obvious hate for the common folk. Did you not blame us all for all war, did you not claim we all actively and passively support and fund it? It’s on you to defend your position now that you’ve put it out there. Telling me to go away is also pathetic, trying harder to explain yourself and why you’ve done nothing to stop the wars we are all responsible for would be a much better course of action for you. Keep in mind, taxation the forced seizure of our assets, isn’t something my neighbor chooses. You must blame the rape victim for pleasuring the rapist too, there’s little difference in your blame of those who do not hold power of war. Like I said, best of luck to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

...Did you not blame us all for all war, did you not claim we all actively and passively support and fund it? ...

Yes, I did. But I never expressed "hatred for the common man." That is a stupid lie.

Again:

Maybe you should chsnge your handle to raindrop.

:
edit on 2023 6 26 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

War is 2wice as profitable. They get paid for blowing crap up and they get paid again rebuilding what they blew up.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleJake

War is 2wice as profitable. They get paid for blowing crap up and they get paid again rebuilding what they blew up.

More than twice.

The products of the MIC are SOLD for a profit - often an exagerated profit.

Humanitarian aid is most often given at low or no cost to the needy.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That's roughly 6.4%, not 1%, but yeah if correct that's really nothing. We can do a lot better.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So? I'd rather contribute to another A-10 than have "humanitarian dollars" spent on more "programs" that do nothing but exacerbate the issues. Seattle's housing authority, just as one example, wants 12 billion dollars to provide for the homeless. This is enough money to buy a condo for every homeless person in the county. The money actually gets highly paid bureaucrats and encourages more tents on the streets. Go ask ChapGPT how much the US spends on welfare, state and federal per year. Now what is the military budget? Contrast and compare. Eye-opening, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 6/27/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
That's roughly 6.4%, not 1%, but yeah if correct that's really nothing. We can do a lot better.

Check your math:

28,000,000,000 / 1,800,000,000,000 = 0.1555555...

That's actually about 1.6%; a little higher than the OP but much lower than your numrber.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

...Did you not blame us all for all war, did you not claim we all actively and passively support and fund it? ...

Yes, I did. But I never expressed "hatred for the common man." That is a stupid lie.

Again:

:

Why so personal in your comments? You understand I’m not the subject matter? It’s not a stupid lie to point out you blaming everyone for all war is akin to you displaying hatred towards your common man. Theirs no other way a sane individual would feel towards those responsible for all war. You are lying to all here to claim otherwise. Again what a pathetic defense of your perspective. You haven’t even pretended to defend your ideas, just attack me. What’s that say about you?

I’m guessing I hit a nerve with your response, maybe I’m closer to home than you’re publicly willing to admit. Feel free to DM me and apologize anytime.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Again:

:
Why are you quoting yourself saying “ again”? You never said that to me pal. You OK? You don’t seem all there. Don’t stress so hard about other people. We don’t have to carry the world for you. You can carry yourself along just fine. Seems like you needed some positive words with all that hate in your heart.
edit on 27-6-2023 by ITSALIVE because: Because I can too

top topics

join