It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How addicted are you to the matrix ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just courios how addicted is eveyone to their electronic devises , How many hours a day do you spend on the Computer , Phone or any other media device ?

I myself spend at least 12 hours a day in the electronic World . I'm starting to realize it's taking over my life , I'm a 70's kid part of the only generation that knew this world before cell phone and after .

Honestly how addicted are you to the matrix ?

It's addicting how do you control your time in the electronic World ?

For me it's hard I work online but i'm coming to a realization it's like a drug log on in the morning log off at night . It'a a hard drug to give up.

This is without playing video games .......

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

First thing I do when I wake up is turn on my pc, while the coffee is brewing. I turn it off before I go to bed at night.
Am I addicted? not really... there's just so much to do on the Internet that is way more fun then offline life!

I can go without if I had to, when the weather is nice I work outside whole days without checking my phone.... with ease!
But when it's to cold or rainy and I have nothing to do, I tend to think to much about how the whole world is going to hell, so I turn on my computer again and play games, come here to ATS, etc.... Even at work I'm on a computer all day.

I'm born in the 70ties, so I remember how the world was before ... however, there is not much of that left. The things we used to do don't exist anymore, or went digital.

Except social media, I don't do that! kinda hate it

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Used to spend hours (when I had them) reading the newspapers, and magazines.

Now I have more time, but newspapers and magazines are extinct.

Same habit, different delivery.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can take it or leave it. I use my desktop to watch some fishing videos on Youtube and rarely even look at my phone unless someone texts or calls me. I leave it at home all the time and don't even realize it.
I don't watch TV for the most part. I have one, but it's on maybe 4 days out of the month.

Almost never any good news, so.....

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

How addicted are you to the matrix ?

I mean I watched the first one a ton when I was younger. Watched it again recently and it still holds up.

Think I've only seen the sequels once or twice each.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
if there is a gauge to tell how addicted we have become, it is inside the matrix.

I am on my computer constantly, since my injury i have turned to day trading as a means of income, so i am constantly researching companies, reading SEC filings, watching my trade accounts, reading more research, posting on ATS....

when i have a good day and make money early i always go touch grass, take a walk, especially when it rains, i love walking in the rain, reminds of when i was kid, no way to call for a ride if it was raining so you just get used to being wet. good times

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I fish.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I multi-task off the computer, drive to the store, etc. so an on and off scenario, so probably less than I think I am actually connected online. My main joy is researching and socializing with family and friends. I also try to find a good debate, but alas there are none to be had.
edit on q00000022630America/Chicago2929America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have been really trying to limit my game usage to only evenings unless it's the weekend.
I am only on this site for any social media so no FB or MySpace.
I mostly research stuff on my phone.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In a true test of addiction to the matrix, the digital world is only a fraction of the greater whole. How dependent are you on money for survival? How much do the clock and calendar rule your every day life? There are many more entrapments in this system that most are not aware of because we've become so conditioned to it.

(post by AngelHeart removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't know how widespread this practice is, but a couple coder friends of mine told me about it.
Apparently, some of the big time high level developers, especially in Silicon Valley,, do an 'electronic detox' every couple weeks. They unplug for a minimum 48 hours, and 72 hours or more if they're able to.

No internet, no phone, no TV. They unplug totally.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You got me pegged there Ravenwatcher. I spend plenty of time on electronics.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I use it as a tool to express myself.

I also enjoy witnessing the expression of others.

This, is the drug I am addicted to these days.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

70s man also. The outdoors is where I spend most of my time outside work. Don't really watch TV in the summer months but living right on Lake Erie brings a lot of brrrrrr in the fall/winter months. At that point a could spend a couple hours or so a day online or the Xbox. Ive taken some time most days lurking ATS for a few minutes or so since ATS was established many moons ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Too many hours for reals! I am addicted to Reddit and YouTube

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   

It can be a difficult question to ask "what would you be doing other than this?" I'd think. Do you reckon The Jam would've wrote That's Entertainment if the interwebs and mobile phones were around?

In the absence of something to do, well. You just gotta do something.

As a 90s kid I got to see the difference in the wholesale adoption of the digital, it changed how entertainment was consumed. I was the last generation to record radio stations, we grew up on MegaDrives when the rainy days came. If news was to be had the majority tuned into it, read it from a paper or overheard it gossiping.

I also remember many libraries in the early 90s too...

I'm addicted and just like everyone else I have my reasons for distraction , that's not necessarily the problem. I'd say the problem is we've digitised existence and have come to rely on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
70s kids are not the only generation to know life before cell phones and after.

I notice the 70s kids in my office are all obsessed with Facebook more than anything and texting emojis. The 20 year olds are better adjusted with it and pretty much just use their phone to text. Both millennials in my work place barely have their phones out. The 70s kids interestingly were all joking about how they “used” to do coc aine and recently all discovered that their “friends” still do and how “shocking” that is. 70s kids seem to have an addiction based life style…

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Matrix is not technology... tech is just a means to an end.... the real matrix is our addiction, devotion and ultimate worship of our human thought and emotions. This is the real matrix.....

The few who knew this, disconnected from their own egos to achieve divine inspiration. They left an instruction book, but not many follow it today!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I don't disagree although I'd say religions make cook books a recipe for disaster. Granny gets defensive over her recipes don't ya know?

Individual tastes and all that...

They probably all exist to temper the hyperactive beast that is man. Everything alive has some sort of drive whether it be simple biological processes or highly complex emotions, these aren't bad things. I reckon it comes down to time spent, a recipe or a cookbook can save you loads of time but working it out is just a superior way of doing things since the flavours will be tailored to the individual's taste. I also reckon that's the world we're projecting right now too.

I'm not too worried about "deviations" from older projected courses because despite the hullabaloo many of the youth are working out how humans tick and they are pushing for a decent future. They're better connected than any generation before too so there's a better chance decency spreads. Internet addiction and how it's used definitely ties into that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join