It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat license plate reader paranoia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Now they're worried about boogeymen using license plate reader cameras to report women who travel to other states to get abortions. Now, in what scenario would this even be possible? None? Totally laughable. Second, why in God's green earth is THIS what politicians are just urgently itching to do? Waste time on total nonsense like this and then just ignore all the other problems going on in America? Apparently. Thanks. Can always count on the government to solve a problem that never existed.

This level of paranoia is really not healthy. I don't understand how they have lost the plot so badly and don't realize that you still have several weeks to decide whether to kill your baby even in states with very restrictive laws.

I think the entire democrat party needs mental help. No one is trying to eliminate your right to kill your baby. Restriction is not removal. And absolutely no one is going out buying automated license plate reader cameras in order to monitor and report women traveling to Illinois for an abortion. Such paranoia and grasping at any straw possible.

Under the new legislation, the use of automated license plate readers for accessing or sharing information related to investigating or enforcing laws that deny or interfere with a person's right to choose or obtain reproductive health care services is strictly prohibited. Additionally, it also forbids the use of such technology for detaining or investigating individuals based on their immigration status.

www.fox32chicago.com...

And here's an older article from when RvW got reversed waxing paranoic about the big bad wolf "enforcing forced-birth" via automated license plate readers.

“They have fleets of cars that have ALPRs on them that just suck up data. They sell that to various clients, including repo firms and government agencies. They also sell them to police departments,” says Jay Stanley, a senior policy analyst at the ACLU. “It’s a giant, nationwide mass surveillance system. That obviously has serious implications should interstate travel become part of forced-birth enforcement.”

www.wired.com...

The company, Flock denies they sell or share any data with "third parties" under any circumstance. However that isn't enough to stop the insanity. Of course it isn't.

anyone can become a first party by purchasing the company's cameras. (Its customers often include neighborhoods and home owners associations.) Flock Safety says its cameras are installed in more than 1,500 cities in 42 states, which are connected to Flock's centralized camera network. A March 2021 Vice investigationbased on Flock-related emails obtained from nearly 20 police departments allows anyone who administers a Flock camera to “make the data Flock captures available to, say, the police, the home owner association's board, or the individual members of an entire neighborhood.” In addition to private customers, Flock has also reportedly partnered with hundreds of police departments across the US.

This is how it will all work, according to the people who have so much time on their hands they are seriously worried about this convoluted scenario actually happening.

ALPRs are more concentrated in metropolitan areas, but they’re also common in rural areas. If someone is traveling out of state to get an abortion, police could likely repeatedly identify where their license plate was scanned during the trip and the times it was scanned. With that information, they may be able to sketch out that person’s travel patterns. Police don’t need a warrant to obtain this information because license plates are out in the open and can be seen by anyone, which is not necessarily the case when the police want to obtain someone’s location data from their phone or use another tracking method.

So I guess the police are going to track every woman who travels from any state with a restrictive abortion law into a state with a looser one? Then map out where the woman has been using these license plate readers and if she's been anywhere near an abortion clinic, conduct surveillance to see if she still looks pregnant and then detain her and force an ultrasound to check if there's still a baby in there and if not, under arrest and straight to jail? Or what?

Is this really the scenario democrats are imagining? If so I blame Republicans. How the hell are these people in power. Wow.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ch1nch1lla

Idaho is considering passing a law that would pretty much do this:

apnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I think your speaking too soon.
Remember Texas wants you to rat on your neighbors for even entertaining the idea.
Not a stones throw away mate.
And you think the democrats are being fascist lol

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Remember Texas wants you to rat on your neighbors for even entertaining the idea.

I was pro-life for most of my life. But one thing ATS has taught me is that it would be a better, smarter site if some of its members had been aborted.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   

edit on Tue Jun 20 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Idaho is considering passing a law that would pretty much do this:

apnews.com...

That is for minors .
Done.
Next .

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Source ?
Done.
Next .

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Are you purposely being daft?
I really shouldn't have to source this. I guess unless that bit of news escaped you due to your algorithm of news input....
Texas senate bill 8.....
Then maybe rethink your response bud.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Simply the fact I have to bring that up really questions why some people have the right to vote.
Should one be allowed when they are ignorant to other laws being passed in other states that will undoubtedly influence others?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Unknowingly a fascist....must be a lively life.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I would think there are easier ways to find out such things I also don't think this kind of data would be of much use in any kind of trial

We all have cellphones that pinpoint locations why not just buy that data it's definitely for sale and much more accurate

themarkup.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Many states have laws against failing to report a crime.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If I lived in a dry county and wanted to pick up a case of beer in the next county over that wasn't dry I don't think I'd have a problem with the police or anyone else. Now if I was selling that beer in my dry county I could get into trouble.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Oh dear, non of you can see the woods for the trees. ANPR cameras (automatic number plate recognition) are being installed all over the UK And all of you think it's for abortionists or anti abortionists. Do you actually know the power of these cameras. Make them with facial recognition, as they are in the UK, and you have complete movement control of everybody that drives a car and every pedestrian that passes a camera. But keep arguing about abortion while they bring the technology in to control you.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh dear, non of you can see the woods for the trees. ANPR cameras (automatic number plate recognition) are being installed all over the UK And all of you think it's for abortionists or anti abortionists. Do you actually know the power of these cameras. Make them with facial recognition, as they are in the UK, and you have complete movement control of everybody that drives a car and every pedestrian that passes a camera. But keep arguing about abortion while they bring the technology in to control you.

***Applause***

Well done sir. Well done.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You think this is a non issue. But law enforcement is already using AI and cameras to track people. I saw a video where a cop was using video to track the movement of people going to and from a suspected drug house. And the police have ALPR's on their vehicles. They are constantly driving around reading license plates. In a practice called "gridding". And not just the police. There's private companies that drive around with license plate readers. I've caught those guys driving up and down the parking lot at work and at the mall scanning plates. And couple that with the police not needing warrants to query other agencies or companies that sell this data or software. It's not hard to track people.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Second, why in God's green earth is THIS what politicians are just urgently itching to do?

The politicians part of the Democrat Political machine are all excited and public about this because, it's a vote getter.

We had a thread on here that addressed the issue of the fact that a majority of women who identify as "Republican" or Conservative Independent will talk all day long as if they're pro-life and then when no one's looking, turn around and vote pro-abortion, favoring Democrat candidtates who promise to keep the murder-mills going. (Sidebar: it never ceases to amaze me the extent to which liars are attracted to the Democrat party).

So......pro-abortion has become a big campain point for the Dems which is why they get all up excited about abortion issues.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This whole abortion thing seems that it could be a distraction from looking at something major coming up. The government and people running things dangle carrots in front of us all the time to distract us. There are people up high trying to deceive us and make us into puppets. That has been going on for thousands of years, it is not new at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yet they have no problem forcing remote ID on my freestyle drone which broadcasts my location to apps available free to the public.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Source ?
Done.
Next .

www.reuters.com...#:~:text=The%202021%20Texas%20law%2C%20 known,critics%20as%20a%20%22bounty.%22

top topics

<<   2 >>

join