It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the Man of Sin.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Degradation33

Bit sad you are not a Jew, be a great idea to follow Jewish rules but, the Old Testament is Jewish rules for Jews, not Christians, seem a bit confused there
Christians are called to follow Christ’s teachings, why bring up Jewish rules, you do know christians don’t have to follow Jewish law?
As for Timothy, it was a letter from Paul to Timothy in Ephesus, women for the most part were not learned in the early church in Ephesus, not well educated, many false teachings were growing.
Paul was telling Timothy to control the message being taught, having less educated women wasn’t helpful.
Re,ember, Paul taught men and women were equal, but they needed to learn first, to become educated in the faith first
www.learnreligions.com...
Paul taught other very important messages against men and leaders, choose to ignore them, why?

I always lens Abramhamic religions through a lapsed Jewish perspective. Sorry about that. Timothy is NT though.

Of course Christians don't need to follow wacky OT dictates. And there's a certain picking and choosing going on with the NT too. As far as when it's a sin and when it's not.

If:

Matthew 7:1-5; Romans 2:1; 14:13; Luke 6:37 James 4:11, Matthew 15:19; Mark 7:22; Ephesians 4:31; Colossians 3:8; 2 Peter 2:1; 1 Corinthians 4:13; Romans 1:30.

Are all sins, then there be a whole lot of sinners. Or people sent scrambling for Amalekite justifications. Or the New Testament equivalent of Amalekites.
edit on 17-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I looked the first few up and they were the same.
Christians are allowed to judge, it’s common sense
Might be more about context don’t you think, surely I can judge
Might not be allowed to condemn but, smart enough to stay away from some people who could be a bad influence, a danger, compromise me, my family, children

Judge someone as to their value, worth, that might be a different matter, context is very important
But, having said all that, many Christians are judgemental, arrogant and selfish, not justifying it

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't take me wrong. Thrown too many stones to hold a superior position on that one. Destroyed a few extra greenhouses to be safe.

Though Judaism/Christianity is still extremely interesting to me I drifted into Discordian absurdity years ago. Learned all religions and made a hybrid of everything I liked.

So really that's my righteous judgment that people are getting really righteously slanderous and judgmental. I guess it's a wash.

My words ultimately don't matter though.
edit on 17-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: QwertyMyself
Greetings.

Entertain me in this, if you will.

Pretend I am the Man of Sin, and ask your questions.

We may never get such an opportunity, and so I offer this gift to you that you may do as you wish with it.

I am a Liar.
I am a Sinner.
I am a Pretender.

I stand opposite Christ.

When he says do not Sin, I say dare to.
When he says to be meek, I say be Mighty.
When he says turn the other cheek, I say strike.

The Creator of our material universe committed the first Sin.

Sin should be understood as going against the natural flow of Harmony.

Before the big bang, there was Harmony and Unity. Balance and Completion.

Now then, we live in a world of duality. We have Choice. We have Light and Dark.

Much as our Creator decided to oppose the natural balance and express Himself into Being,

I too have chosen to express myself in Sin.

I do as I please.

You my friends, you sin unknowingly, while I do knowing.

I know that which I oppose in this instant.

You eat of the flesh to survive.
I eat to satisfy my hunger.

You deny God, unknowing.
I deny Him, knowing.

I have chosen to live in Sin, and so death is my wage.

I am Proud of who I am.
I am Greedy in what I share.
I am Wrathful, as my Father is.
I am Envious, for I want all things.
I Lust for the beauty of this world.
I am a Glutton in feeding myself.
I am a Sloth; lazy and apathetic.

Follow in my path if you will; it is your right.

But do not follow me blindly; make a choice.

Choose to Sin, and know death awaits you.

----

I'll start this off with a question myself.

Q: Why do you chose to come out now?

A: Because it's time to reveal myself. Chaos reigns in this day. Events must take place before the Truth can shine forth and the Dawn of Light begin.

Have fun!

Well... you're roleplaying the Man of Sin based on what you think one is like.

How do you know this is how a "Man of Sin" would actually think? What if they're another head of a church What if they're Pentecostal preacher Jim Jones?

What about Marshall Hepplewhite (Heaven's Gate Cult, for those who remember) who sincerely believed he was Jesus reincarnated?

I think your roleplaying doesn't hold a candle to these folks, who have left some records in writing of what they thought and why they acted as they did. Like an actor with a script, you have pre-determined some answers... but I really don't think you actually qualify as a Man of Sin.

Jim Jones? Yeah, there was a real monster hiding as the shepherd. Warren Jeffs - same. The preacher who murdered his stepson is another Man of Sin.

I am not sure (thankfully) that you're evil enough to be a Man of Sin.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Without the man of sin stealing from me, how could I ever experience forgiveness?
If I have never experienced forgiveness, how could I achieve enlightenment?
Sin is the fire and brimstone, that refines souls into gold.

Thank you man of sin.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'll take that as a compliment.

Thank you.

^_^

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

I am a sinner, also.

but God has offered a way of redemption.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

How did it make you feel when you found out? Did they tell you they would protect you if you did it?

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
God is wise.

Please star this post if you agree to ask for peace, health and satisfaction.

Thx.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join