It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry and Meghan have been asked to 'vacate' Frogmore Cottage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Frogmore Cottage is a 10 bedroom "cottage" in the grounds of Windsor Castle which was gifted to the couple by the Queen , in the light of recent events Harry and his bird have been asked to give the keys back , sadly this makes them homeless in the UK so it's unlikely they'll want to come back here , sad loss for us but a triumphant win for Americans.

Harry and Meghan's spokesperson said a "request" had been made for them to give up Frogmore Cottage, near Windsor Castle.

The spokesperson said: "We can confirm the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage."

Reports have claimed the move, which removes their final remaining foothold in the UK, was sanctioned by the King.
news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
10 rooms isnt big enough for Meg's head, she was damaging the doorways and trim

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why should the British citizens pay for the "cottage" of a couple who spend 99% of their time in the US? It is a waste of taxpayer money to allow them to have the "cottage" for their personal use and only spend less than 4 weeks a year in it.

Meanwhile, Kate and William currently live in a 4 bedroom "cottage".

I can hear Princess sorority girl whine now. It's not fair we have to give up our "home" we almost never live in, we need 10 bedrooms, everyone knows we deserve it and certainly should not be forced to get a hotel room, how pedestrian and beneath royalty such as us. It's not fair William and Kate get to keep their 4 bedroom house for now when we are "homeless" in our multi-million dollar mansion in the States.

edit on 3/1/23 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Not only are they getting evicted-To rub salt into the wound,guess who's moving in?

You guessed right-Disgraced and creepy friend of Epstein formally known as Prince Andrew!

www.msn.com...

bet Megan is bouncing off the walls

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Windsor castle and the cottage are owned by the Monarchy although Harry did try to get the taxpayer to pay for redecorating it , until a fuss was made and Harry stumped up the £2.5 million , although that money was from the Sovereign Grant so as we pay for that we did pay for it.

I would argue now the Queen is gone what point the Royal family ... except for the entertainment perhaps.

edit on 1-3-2023 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I blame Matt and Trey for this.

"respect our privacy!"
edit on 1-3-2023 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Who?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So it wasn’t a gift as such, it was more like an extended loan.

Or the royals are Indian givers....

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So, apparently Andrew has also been asked to vacate his apartments in Buck PalaceLink
It is also looking that due to his financial circumstances since Charles is withdrawing his 'funding' from the Duchy of Lancaster he and Fergie are unable to afford the 'rent', but Charles of course wont see his brother homeless.
Duchess of York will do all she can to prevent loss of Royal Lodge.

My first thought about Frogmore was that Harri & Meghan have refused to come to the Coronation without 'apology' talks first. It has been reported that neither Charles or William feel they have anything to apologise for after Harry's book publication. Charles is a very stubborn man and will get rid of staff at a drop of a hat if they disagree with him. I suspect Harry wont budge without said 'meeting' first, so Charles can, quite rightly, serve them eviction notice. Well, not him personally, the Crown Estate probably. Charles has cut off any 'base' the Sussex's had in the UK.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You guessed right-Disgraced and creepy friend of Epstein formally known as Prince Andrew!

What’s Andy going to use the other 9 bedrooms for?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
News flash, we don't want no stinkin Limey 'Royalty'
Let's move them to Skid row in a sleeping bag.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Pedos protecting Pedos.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh, interesting 'twist' to the Frogmore thing.... apparently they are to move out AFTER the Coronation.... I read that as "use it or lose it".
A slight correction to the Andy and Buck Palace. Apparently he moved out due to renovations, but will not be allowed to move back after renovations are complete.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Apparently H&M are failing in both the UK and the US

The problems appear to be in not having an authentic brand, relying instead on copying leading styles and echoing 'trendy concepts'.

Sorry, thats H&M the fashion chain!! - not 'Harry & Meghan' - who, uniquely, are failing in the UK & US as they have no authentic brand and rely on copying leading styles and echoing 'trendy concepts'.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A question about something in the source article?

The cottage, which lies in the grounds of Windsor Castle is a Grade-II listed building with ten bedrooms and was gifted to the couple by the Queen.

Is there a difference in the meaning of the word "gift" in the UK vs the US? Here a gift is a gift and after it is given it belongs to the entity receiving the gift. How can the King now take back a gift given by the deceased Queen? Very odd in our culture, but perhaps gift has a different meaning?
edit on 3/1/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
In this case gifted means 'grace and favour', in other words with the Queen's blessing unless/until she changes her mind. That 'grace and favour' transferred to Charles on her death.
Rainbows
jane

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks. I figured it was a difference in language like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So the prince turned frog is forced to frog less in frogmore?

Blimey!

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well, I sure can't blame King Charles for wanting them gone. I wouldn't trust them or want them around either!

I've seen rumors and suggestions that Meghan and Harry are trying to take down the Monarchy with all their complaints and allegations. Especially given Meghan's political aspirations, this idea doesn't seem unreasonable.

Do you think there's any truth to the rumors? Whether just Megs and Harry alone or in collusion with others?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

America does not want the Harkles. We were hoping they would go back to the UK. We're sick of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join