It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I decided to break out my EVP gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Haven't tried recording in a long time, so I got everything unboxed and tried a quick test run to see if I still have the touch...

Data was recorded using the P-SB11 Box utilizing dual FM frequencies at 300 millisecond sweep, one going forwards and one going in reverse. Recording device was an Olympus VN-6200PC using an external omni directional microphone.

The question is simple..I asked if someone could say the name of my cat.(her name is Rumbles) ..the answer came in at 12 seconds.

The only modification to the file was noise reduction for clarity.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 12-2-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

If you don't mind me asking whereabouts do you live?
I ask because maybe there would be some really cool historical sites to take your gear to!

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Now do one for the name of my cat.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Recording EVP's can be a lot of fun...but it can be a huge time sink.

This was the first time I tried it in quite a while.

It would be nice to see if anyone hears what I heard.
edit on 12-2-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

i heard it clearly

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chancyspook

i heard it clearly

Thank you

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I thought that doing this in your own home was a no-no. Incredible response, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting if you did one where you asked a question (such as your cat's name), and then if you get the correct answer -
- don't post the question or answer here, just post the 'sound' of the answer and see if people hear the same answer you heard...
That would make good confirmation without any possibility of confirmation bias.
Just a suggestion.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid
I thought that doing this in your own home was a no-no. Incredible response, though.

I have been recording off and on over 20 years. One common misconception is that it has to be done at night in a "haunted location. This is not true.

Depending on the sensitivity of the person doing the recording, EVP's can be recorded virtually anytime.

The only actual benefit of night is the reduction of background noise due to less traffic, etc.

The better ones are usually at cemeteries though.

EDIT: There sometimes will be some pretty nasty EVP's.....some of them do like to cuss....a lot
edit on 15-2-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
I think it would be interesting if you did one where you asked a question (such as your cat's name), and then if you get the correct answer -
- don't post the question or answer here, just post the 'sound' of the answer and see if people hear the same answer you heard...
That would make good confirmation without any possibility of confirmation bias.
Just a suggestion.

I agree. I usually do not name my EVP's but my cats name is unusual I went ahead with that.

There was a study done a few years back where they had people listen to the same EVP recording without telling them what they were supposed to hear. Virtually no one agreed on what they heard. The power of suggestion + Pareidolia make for strange bedfellows.

Another option I find interesting but haven't tried yet is this. The P-SB11 I have is a dual scanning device. There are headphones jacks on the side that will allow two people to listen to different scans while blindfolded..the static should just be high enough so they can't hear anything else. Their function is to say aloud anything they hear in real time while someone else asks questions. I saw this done on a tv show and would love to try it out.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

top topics

join