It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So out of nowhere my dog died tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm saddened by your loss.

I lost my 4-legged friend nearly 15 years ago (this after 20 years of friendship), and strange as it may sound, I think about him almost every day.

The really weird thing is that for about a month after his passing.... (This is going to sound crazy, I know), but i swear I could hear him scratching at the Back-Sliding-glass-door several times a day.

Johnny

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

RainbowBridge.com Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be devastated if this happened to my pupper.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A sincere thank you to all for your comments and condolences, they truly mean a lot.
I'm just going to share one more thing - a short clip my daughter filmed this very Saturday of Odin and Norman playing in the yard. Having a pup in the house breathed new life into Odin, he was happier and more active than he had been in years!
This is how we will always remember him.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss.

Long ago we had a beautiful and very very smart little baby who had cancer at age 9. We paid for 5 operations, then the vet said "no more". The day she bleed out her nose we took her in to say the final goodbye. I decided then not to put another dog through that hell and if they got cancer or something that needed an operation and they were old that we'd do the kind thing and say the final goodbye.

Next, I had to put down my baby of 14 years and it was so hard to do, but he was so very sick with pancreatitis and I'd done all I could. The last straw was when I carried him out to pee and he didn't know what to do or why he was there. It was so sad. I cried and cried, we got him at 6 months old.

Our current baby we also got at 6 months old and she is now 11 and I'm starting to remember, and be really sad. She is the same breed as the other.

So know you aren't alone in your grief and people understand the pain. Your baby was not just a dog, he was your baby and many of us know it and sympathize greatly.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Very sorry about Odin. It is never easy. I've had to do it a few times. ☹️

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yes it does suck and sorry for the loss of your friend. Our Kelly who was an English Setter had to put down in June 2004 as she had an inoperable cancerous tumor in her urinary tract. Its 2022 and it still bothers me.

Yes it hurts when you lose your bud.

Just keep marching on as that animal brought you love and joy.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

The really weird thing is that for about a month after his passing.... (This is going to sound crazy, I know), but i swear I could hear him scratching at the Back-Sliding-glass-door several times a day.

I don't think its weird. Our last dog Kelly died in June 2004. For two weeks after she passed I swore I heard her dog tag medals clanging as she would walk upstairs at night to her bed which was at the foot of our bed when she was alive. I don't think I got rid of her bed for years. This last couple of months I have seen her frequently in my dreams as her visits have accelerated. She is happy

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So sorry for your loss. I think you did the right thing; after a certain age I'm sure Odin, like many people, would have preferred to go peacefully rather than suffer a major operation.

His memory and the joy he gave you will never die.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

They do, but you have yo pick it up when pets are young.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A nice tribute to the mighty Odin, underpass. All the hard goodbyes are bittersweet: The love they brought & shared lives on in us and hopefully through us.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Was a good amount of years, i bet he was a happy doggo.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I feel with you, loosing a longtime friend is never easy. My condolences to you and also the puppy who lost a good friend, too.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Our #2 daughter who is living on the east coast posted this nice tribute on Instagram along with a pic of Odin and her dog Iroh from the last time they visited.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Was he vaccinated?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Brother I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you find peace and solace in knowing that your pup crossed into the Elysian Fields for pets. That pet will be there to greet you. Godspeed to Odin’s great reward. a reply to: underpass61

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

R.I.P Odin.

I lost my dog Inca near enough a year ago this week.

It's like losing one of the family, in fact it is losing one of the family.

Heart goes out to both you and poor Odin and if there's any justice in this world or the next I'm sure you will indeed be reunited with your pal.

God bless, and take care.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

Was he vaccinated?

Yes, we've all had our rabies and distemper jabs.

Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My condolences about Odin passing, our pets are like our family too.

Sweet dreams Odin..

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Was your canine specimen and assuredly familiar with you that you knew their medical history? COVID19 vaccinations have been killing many species since the experiment began in late 2019, blossoming in early 2020 out of Wuhan.

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join