It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Artist Banksy is in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Banksy style murals have been appearing on war damaged buildings in Borodynaka and Irpin , Banksy has confirmed the murals are his with a post on his Instagram profile.

A gymnast doing a handstand amid debris, in Borodyanka.

Putin being flipped during a judo match with a young boy.

Female rhythmic gymnast dancing on the hole in a building.

Banksy posted a picture on Instagram of the artwork, a gymnast doing a handstand amid debris, in Borodyanka.

Murals spotted in and around Ukraine's capital Kyiv had led to speculation the anonymous artist was working in the war-torn country.

Another, not officially claimed, depicts a man resembling Vladimir Putin being defeated at Judo by a child.

The graffiti artist posted three images of the gymnast mural in the wreckage left by Russian shelling, with a caption merely stating "Borodyanka, Ukraine".

Borodyanka was one of the places hardest hit by Russia's bombardment of Ukraine in the immediate aftermath of the 24 February invasion.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Nice one Banksy.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There are times I think Banksy a genius....

Regardless of what one's political view's may (or may not ) be... his use of Building, walls, sidewalks (whatever), as his/her canvas are very thought-provoking.

Johnny

edit on 11/12/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

His self destructing picture now dubbed "Love is in the Bin" was in my view one of the greatest artwork masterstrokes in art history , the fact the semi destruction of the picture only added to its value was just priceless and confirmation that art is a concept.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for sharing, these are awesome!!

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow, they are beautiful.
I especially like the child throwing Putin.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Safest war zone ever. Actors and artists just taking vacations and casually drawing on buildings right in the middle of crazy vlads WW3

We better hurry and send them some more $$$$

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When I saw this adjustment to a russian statue,I thought it may have been Banksy-
i.imgur.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The gimcrackery here lol. Damn these spray paintings are going to show the Russians!

If anyone thinks this isn't done for pure self enactment or that a few spray paintings would boost the moral of the Ukrainian people to any significant levels that would make any difference, then I have multiple beach property in Bavaria to sell to you.

Is it a heartwarming, "artful" act? I won't deny it, I just question the purpose and motives. As another poster wrote, if artist, actors and politicians frequently travel into this active war zone, like it's vacation and spray paint art, it's not as bad as they want us to believe.

And if it is, it's incredibly stupid to risk life in a war zone for a better graffiti made with spray paint templates. There's nothing heroic about it, just stupidity and self enactment.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

The gimcrackery here lol. Damn these spray paintings are going to show the Russians!

It's for Ukrainians not Russians , Banksy is a social commentator through his art and what better place to pass comment than at the scene of an unconscionable war zone.

And if it is, it's incredibly stupid to risk life in a war zone for a better graffiti made with spray paint templates.

That "graffiti" is worth millions Pounds.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Obviously these are for the Ukrainians. Hence my talk about upping the moral, sometimes I wish people would read posts instead of just reacting.

That "graffiti" is worth millions Pounds.

It isn't. It's all make believe and the name. The graffiti only has sentimental and now probably historic worth. Nobody sane would buy that for millions, it's again, just gimcrackery in art circles and you fall for it because they say so. I own a 80s Rally car with Walter Röhrls signature in different places. That's a legend that actually moved something in the world, accomplished a bit more than defacing walls. And guess what, the car is not "millions" worth either. If I find an idiot that pays millions, yes then it is.

But most won't. Only a selected few will be willing to put such sums on the table and even then it's not because of the art itself mostly, it's for financial gain. And you think it's actually worth millions, everyone laughs into their fists lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Hence my talk about upping the moral, sometimes I wish people would read posts instead of just reacting.

I did read you post I was just responding to your facetious opening remark , the rest of the post was hardly worth reading anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Bummer, you could have learned something instead of practicing active ignorance like a champ.

Further indulge in your make believe lol. You even would have to spend money to retrieve it but I guess that only makes it more "valuable" instead of "costly".

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

And if it is, it's incredibly stupid to risk life in a war zone for a better graffiti made with spray paint templates. There's nothing heroic about it, just stupidity and self enactment.

You are absolutely correct, but as a filmmaker/artist that has worked in some very sketchy/dangerous locations....the adrenaline rush is worth it. Kind of like speed in a high powered machine...Maybe the analogy works for you, maybe it doesn't.
edit on 12-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Not Really. Artists in the form of photo journalist have been doing it for a long time.

Some of the most profound gripping photos on the face of the earth were taken during the depth of war in a war zone. It brings a viewer an inside view that we normally wouldn’t experience.

This graffiti art does the same. The child throwing the adult is pretty profound.

Stupid to risk his life, maybe but we are all talking about it and it will probably be in art history books some day.

edit on 12-11-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Yes I am needing this adrenaline fix too, your example fit's 100%. Makes it more understandable to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What "not really" exactly? Are you saying it isn't incredibly stupid or are you agreeing about that it is not really heroic? Or it isn't self enactment? Not getting sense out of that one, honestly. Bear with a non native English speaker here.

The rest of your post, acknowledged / agreed.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
had a lot of repsect for the works of Banksy. Tll i realized now that he was bought or is a current thing wave surfer on purpose or willingly, voluntary.

Why didn`t he paint a kid who throws a Bandera worshiping Nazi troop member or a WEF controlled actor in the role of the president of the Ukraine, side by side with the guy who obviously is Putin? Why didn´t he feel he has to do some work between 2014 and today in the eastern of the Ukraine?

I am sorry but with that move in the Ukraine he only showed that he is nothing else than a cheap current thing wave surfer who forgot how the entire western MSM reported the truth about the heavily corrupt and Nazi infested Ukraine from 2014 till WEF-Putin did "his" move in the WEF-Ukraine. Maybe we can find him soon on the WEF webiste as a n Agenda Contributor or Young Global Leader like for example Wyclef Jean...

If he would be for peace he would not put more fuel into the fire to keep that excuse for the "side effects" of Great Reset and Green New Deal alive. He would criticize the wrongdoings on both sides. But as a maybe WEF puppet he is exactly doing wehat the current thing wave surfers expect from him. Only thing missing is a Climate Emergency Fund logo and rainbow flag in the background of his meanwhile and unfortunately current thing wave surfers artworks.

He lost my respect completely now, he was not forced to choose one of the two dark sides in that wag the dog war scenario MSM propaganda conflict to have an excuse for the "side effects" of Great Reset and Green New Deal... but he did.

RIP, that what was formerly known as Banksy!
Cheers
edit on 12 11 2022 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 11 2022 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It's just a stunt to make the rest of the world all go all "awww" and fawning "ohhhh, look at the art". It's a distraction from what is actually going on there. People are dying on both sides daily. I have zero regard for that clown running around there and doing his thing for "a good cause" and "art".

There's a #ing war going on over there. And people fawn over that nonsense 🤮

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Banksy sold out ages ago when he hit mainstream.

But i wont judge him too hard, smart lad, knows how to make some coin, and probably laughs at the buyers face at the same time he is legally robbing them.

So the Ukraine tour really does not surprise me.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Banksy sold out ages ago when he hit mainstream.

Actually Banksy is cashing in on his popularity. Just like any corporation does when they develop a "hot" item or service.

It's capitalism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join