It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport TSAs and vape pens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hi all.
So I'm travelling this December with my minor son and mom to Europe.
I vape, neither of them knows this. I want that to stay that way.

The problem is with air travel, you are required to take any vape pens with you in carry on luggage. You can't check it in.
So my concern is that some TSA agent will ask about my vape pen with my son or mom near me?

We'll be travelling for 3 weeks, so I don't want to go without if I can avoid it , but may not have a choice

Now, vaping it not at all addictive , I vape eliquid with nicotine content, and yet I think coffee is more addictive.
Still, I don't want to do without you know. It's nice to relax with etc.

I don't think buying it there will be an easy option either , as I'm used to only one type of vape pen which I may not be able to find there.
Smoking certainly is not an option.
Ugh !

edit on 6-11-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

You can fly with it. TSA doesn't care about vapes.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You can fly with it. TSA doesn't care about vapes.

What if they ask me about it with my son or mom next to me? That's my concern. I wouldn't care if I were travelling alone, or if they anyway knew.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

If it's not that addictive, just don't take it with you. You'll live.

edit on 6/11/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Off course , I'm sure your commie friends will soon ban vaping altogether, just like they did in NK yay!
We can all live happily ever after then , with daddy government in charge making the big decisions!
They are slowly draining any joy left from travel with stricter and stricter rules and regulations.
Soon we won't be allowed to travel anymore at all , by 2030 I'd take a guess

Your 'advice' was useless in case you couldn't guess.
I can off course leave it all home, but I still want to take it with me .
Maybe you can be expected to go without alcohol on your next trip ?

edit on 6-11-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   
How about approaching the tsa agent alone, make some excuse that you need to ask a question and you will be back in a minute, then explain about the vape to the agent and that you want it to be hush hush when you come over with everyone else to officially get through. They then know you have declared it and don't need to ask about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It takes 7 to 10 days for nicotine to leave the body. You are making excuses because of your addiction. If you say that vaping is not addictive just quit and you will not have to worry about the TSA!

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

That's some serious mental gymnastics you got going on. You say that nicotine is not addictive, but you don't want to go without. On top of that, you're asking for advice on how to keep lying to your Son and Mom.
What's the big deal ? Why are you lying to them about it ? Why do you go to such lengths to hide it ?

And by the way, I'm in full agreement with Chrononaut. If it's not a big deal, just go without.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Coming home is where you should toss it out. I had a half ounce .5oz bottle of vape juice they searched my bag and took. That was at Heathrow

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Be honest with your wife and child.
Tell them you vape...and tell them how it's just nicotine and does not have all the deadly chemical additives that cigarettes have.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Usually ATS has amazing advice but these people are being jerks. I would agree with the poster who said for you to have to ask a question to an agent.
Also do an online search about people bringing vapes on planes.. Vapes on a plane! Lol
I know some people bring vapes that are filled with stuff besides nicotine on planes all the time, but that isn't overseas.
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here
Read it on your flight.

I read the cigarette version of this more than a decade ago and haven't had one urge or relapse.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I use a vuse alto the juice pod for it says nicotine no questions asked.
I suggest getting one that states it is nicotine so there is no confusion or questions.
I buy the 4 pack pods that are nicely sealed up in plastic and are under the about of liquid you can carry.

I puff regularly and a 4 pack lasts roughly 8 days if you don't puff regularly a 4 pack would probably last you a month.

Good luck on your trip

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Take a patch, get lozenges or gum for the flight.

Buy a cheap E-cig once at your location.

After all this, come clean with your family. You're an adult taking care of a kid. People smoke and vape.

It's allowed.

edit on 6-11-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Came back from Ireland a week ago via Dublin and Cairo. Had my large vape device in my laptop bag (emptied of e-liquid) and I was never once asked about it. The laptop always had to be removed, and Dublin made me pull out cables from the bag, and rescanned it a second time, but no problems or questions encountered with the vape.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Disguise the vape into a vibrator, replace one embarrassment with another

NO mom that is NOT a vape!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Europe has all the flavors you can imagine. In any format you want...delta 8, 420, cbd, nick...

guidetovaping.com...

whats the big deal with keeping it secret from your boy and mom?
edit on 6-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just don't make the plane crash with lithium battery fire bombs.
...That really might be an embarrassing conversation....with God.

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: corr

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I don't want to set a bad example for my son, and my mom would worry, no matter how many times I try to explain it's not nearly as bad as smoking.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Disguise the vape into a vibrator, replace one embarrassment with another

NO mom that is NOT a vape!!!
OMG nooo! BAD!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join