It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small River Panic Attacks and Paranormal Sightings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Lets stick with science before entertaining spirits.

Dousing rods are fringe, especially made of wood or iron, but copper is much more electrically conductive than most other metals and magnetic fields cause current to flow over the surface of copper. it would be a good candidate if you wanted to put your professional reputation out on a limb and test it. If you publish anything, ensure it is reproducible. Matlab and some simple Arduino projects can show you if you have a magnetic anomaly.

If people were worried about low frequency vibrations, a laptop running audacity and simple microphone will tell you all you want to know. Even replace the mic with a 10" speaker and rest it cone down on pavement for greater LF sensitivity. If you have the resources, place 3 such setups in a triangle centered around the area that is vibrating. With the graphs and a little math you can come close to pinpointing the source of the vibrations you pick up.

Conjecture and theories mean nothing without real world testing.
edit on 6-11-2022 by charlyv because: sp & c

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I know this wont be a solution for you because it would be expensive, but come away from the mysterious and see if you could find a sympathetic organisation/ university and get the air tested for other than natural gases around the river bridge. Water can transport, hold and release many different chemicals/gases. These can either, not affect you, make you sick and even kill you.
Evidence for this, there was a lake in Africa that released deadly gases and killed hundreds that lived around the lake.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Check your nerve endings when you lean on something it usually creates a shaking reaction be it in your legs or arms that is if you have limbs and are human.
Maybe you should drive if it is that bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh that's what they were doing, looking for water and we thought they were gone fishing, who knew...a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Update Update Update

It’s the WATER guys, it’s 10000000% the water/small river.

So I’ve been going over it where I had the panic attack. I also go over it in another area.
AND then found out there is yet another road that goes over it.

Over all three areas I feel weird. I’m super aware of it now, and don’t laugh, but use an old superstition, hold my breath over the “bridge” as I pass. (Obviously not while I’m the driver).
Somehow knowing where the water/road bridge is now I am prepare my mind ahead of time.

Also took IAMTAT’s advice to see if there were any accidents or tragedies in that location. None, nothing I could find.
Nothing even close.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I posted about my experience in another thread:

"As part of my degree I had to do a Wild Card subject.

I did Pseudoscience.

My tutor witnessed ball lightning rolling down the aisle of a passenger jet.

I believed him.

As an aside, we all did research into water divining.

We had twenty paper cups with one containing water with a cover over the top of them.

We used two bits of bent wire.

The idea was they cross over to detect the water.

It was 100% successful for all of us.

Spooky."

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I believe it, but now that begs the question… WHY am I feeling it when I go over the river?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No idea!

But some places just freak folk out.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A while ago we were driving back from the coast thru a Dorset village. It was just getting dark and it was very still with no wind and was getting foggy.

I stopped at a traffic light opposite a row of cottages to my right. Suddenly I got freaked out by a feeling of pure dread and my hair stood on end. Same with Mrs Carpy. Something moving in the corner of my eye caused me to look to my right.

One of the cottages had windows closed and lights off but it was still light enough to see inside.

It was like it was blowing a hurricane in there. The curtains were blowing horizontal and I could see a table lamp and stuff swirling around.

The sense of dread went up and we felt somethin...evil?

I put my foot down and went through a red light to get the Hell out of there.

I have no idea what happened and have no explanation.
edit on 15-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ok folks it’s getting weird…

I was in the completely opposite side of town today.
My daughter was driving, we were having a blast.

My gut drops, I feel that feeling. I don’t have a panic attack.
I get home and look at a map. SURE enough there is a very small tributary of that same water system exactly where I felt the feels….
What the heck is going on?
Obviously at this point I can say with certainty I’m being affected by the water, or crossing over the water. A pull, something weird. It’s over in an instant too.
These are not large bodies of water or fast moving in any way.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Try and map out the water system?

Have you ever had these feelings before when dealing with water? Dowsing is just an extension of our own abilities apparently so it stands to reason you could be naturally inclined to detect.

Or you've got another reason to be sensitive to that particular river/stream system.

Just my two pence. Feels like something wants your attention.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Try and map out the water system?

Have you ever had these feelings before when dealing with water? Dowsing is just an extension of our own abilities apparently so it stands to reason you could be naturally inclined to detect.

Or you've got another reason to be sensitive to that particular river/stream system.

Just my two pence. Feels like something wants your attention.

No I’ve never had these feelings and I’ve lived here a long time.
I’ve also lived near other bodies of water, nothing.

As I mentioned previously these small rivers are connected to the Mississippi.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So it's new.

Have you ever had premonitive qualities? I'm not sure that's a word but it should be if not.

Idk, maybe there's extra iron in the water and your clot shots are acting up? I'm kidding btw.

It could be nothing and any effort spent is the equivalent of a dog chasing it's tail, let's hope it's entertaining for someone? On the other hand it could be the living example of a penny dropping after the fact.

It could also be you too

Potential and the Mississippi goes hand in hand I'd think.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Transient stress disorders can be brought on by many things and feedback loops can make them worse.

They can also be indicative of something else. They don't call it Paranormal for nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Part III

There was a big road blockage on the area that I normally pass.

Went home to find out there was a terrible accident with fatalities.
Someone had mentioned there were other fatalities there before too.
What is weird is this is not an area I would consider dangerous…

It got me really pondering….

What if other people experienced what I did and freaked out and that got them in the accident?
What if I felt things before they were going to happen, or after? Residual energy?
What if this is just a cursed little area?
Did something happen in those waters? I heard that water has a memory.

If this were a weird roadway with lots of distractions, a dangerous turn, a hill or anything else there would be many logical explainations... No, this is a straight road, not too busy, not a lot going on around it either.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

All it takes us a moment's distraction.

Our senses can be a bit weird too, a flash of light can make us involuntarily move. If you get migraines then you'll understand how anything can be a trigger.

I'd assume it's the water, others pointed towards vibrations. I'm guessing there's a few ways to investigate and correct things potentially. It would be worth it if accidents are avoidable.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

All it takes us a moment's distraction.

Our senses can be a bit weird too, a flash of light can make us involuntarily move. If you get migraines then you'll understand how anything can be a trigger.

I'd assume it's the water, others pointed towards vibrations. I'm guessing there's a few ways to investigate and correct things potentially. It would be worth it if accidents are avoidable.

How do you think the water would cause this? Keep in mine absolutely none of the water can be seen from the road. It is a small stream that runs underneath. Both sides of the road are covered by too much vegetation to even know there is anything there. I’ve lived here a long time and I didn’t know until I looked on a map.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Vibrations come to mind if you want more of a scientific approach.

Vibrations can upset our senses and nudge us towards certain behaviours, there's a stretch of motorway not too far from me that used to induce sleepiness and I've had similar experiences on buses in the past. If that can happen maybe other feelings/sensations can happen.

Depending on depth and the materials used there'd probably be a sudden change in vibrations within the vehicle as it passed over the water.

Beyond vibrations we'd be talking about stuff I nor most understand. Stuff like dowsing...
Idk what dowsing rods pick up on although it's said that such techniques are an extension of one's own senses.

Idk enough about energy flows or the supernatural to give answers on fixing things though. The motorway I mentioned was repaved apparently, I've read about "land acupuncture" being used with lay lines to change things.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Have you ever had premonitive qualities? I'm not sure that's a word but it should be if not.

Welp the weirdness gets more weird….

Late last night I get a message from my son. (Every parents heart drops when that happens)
He asks if we are awake. We are, I ask him what is going on. He said him and his girlfriend had car issues and are in
A ditch…….

Take a guess where………………..

YES I’m not even joking!! They swerved off the road and were EXACTLY where I had the panic attack.
Somehow my sons girlfriend “lost control” of the car..

They were stuck (completely unharmed) and wanted help getting out.
Here’s where it gets weird too. I called 8 tow trucks, not _a_ single one answered, not a SINGLE 24 hour tow service answered! My son wanted to get chains and try to get it out. It was nearing midnight and I told them both about my weird panic attack and that I had a bad feeling and BEGGED them not to do anything at night. They could see my serious concern and agreed to take care of it in the morning. THANK GOD all worked out.

Wait it gets even weirder… My husband and I were planning on going out of town but for some unknown reason we decided to stay at home. And there is a part of my heart that shudders to think if we weren’t…

AGAIN, let me remind you, this is a straight boring what appears to be easy and safe road. No visual disturbances, nothing out of the ordinary…

All I know is I’m going to avoid it if at all possible……

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Sounds like mothers psychic intuition

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join