It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality is it true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't know what would be there to get dilluted to begin with?

Well that's a good question, if we do have a soul then what are souls made of, and from where do they originate?

Or the human exclusivity, or whatever it is that makes you think the consciousness currently in a microbe a seagull and your toaster couldn't do exactly what you do given the tools you have?

Ive yet to come across a sentient toaster bar on Red Dwarf.

What tools?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ahura Mazdā ?, Zoroastrian deity

Ahura Mazdā

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was given some info on the Freemasons a long time ago, by a Freemason. It was a Bible with a little pamphlet in it. I don’t really remember everything said in it, but I do recall one of the things it talked about is that Freemasons believe in the immortality of the soul.

I believe this is one of the earliest and most propagated lies, that the soul is inherently immortal. The Bible teaches that the soul that sins dies (Ezekiel 18:4), and that immortality is a gift only bestowed on the faithful. And you cannot be a soul to be immortal. Souls can die. I brushed Freemasonry off after reading through that introductory pamphlet, as just another propagation of Satan’s lies he has told throughout all religion throughout all of human history.

A soul (nephesh) is a life that contains breath and is made of flesh. Basically any physical creature living on earth is a living soul. God is a spirit and immortal, meaning he cannot die. Eternal life was humankind’s to keep if they remained obedient to God, but they rebelled and thus lost the right to life, grew old, and eventually died, and returned to the dust of the ground from whence we came. From dust you are and to dust you will return.

Jesus Christ only received immortality as a gift upon his resurrection back to spirit life after he died for our sins as a human. He obviously wasn’t immortal before dying, because he died. An immortal being cannot die. And as physical beings can die, they cannot be immortal.

Immorality can only be possessed by a spirit being. And only God had immortality, he gave it to his son as a reward upon his return to heaven, after his resurrection to spirit life after dying for our sins as a human. And immortality is promised to the faithful anointed Christian congregation, all those who remain faithful unto death and are resurrected to heavenly spirit life. (See 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

There will be physical humans that will be granted eternal life, everlasting life, the life everlasting, and will continue to live without growing old and dying on earth. But they will not possess immortality. As physical beings they can still die, say if they jumped off a high mountain top.

edit on 21-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Tools: body, with brain, hands and everything.

'Sentient' is maybe a stretch. And I mean obviously all specifications without guarantee, but I think it could be possible in an universe based on information, where the basic question 'exists?' 0/1 needs to be answered by everything that however minimalistic comes in touch with something else, consciousness itself is the first derivation, the first interpretation of that information, which is why I basically never use the word 'soul' as that seems unnecessary romantic.
And it might be just as matter clumps together the consciousness 'density' is highest around the heaviest clumps with the most agency.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If we do have a soul, or share some form of group consciousness, it may well emanate from somewhere down there amongst the quantum foam, or at least that's one interpretation.

edit on 21-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Violater1

What about the rest of the people of the world who choose to place their faith in some form of organized religious practice bar Christianity.

How come they are all wrong salvation-wise and only Christianity correct?

Then there are the countless billions of people who existed long before Christianity ever was a twinkle in anybody's eye, what happened to their immortal souls since they could not have found Jesus?

they go to their own places.

where everyone is the same as they are.

where they don't have to worry about getting in trouble for bashing other beliefs for eternity.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Sounds cushty if somewhat boring.

After all where is the challenge in not being able to get in trouble?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

nobody gets out of here alive. nobody.

ok then, so long

and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sounds cushty if somewhat boring.

After all where is the challenge in not being able to get in trouble?

lol,

that's the thing,
down here is the place one can get into as much trouble as they want with consequences.

sort of getting it out of their system. that will determine if your seat is front center or in the nose bleeds.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm on the fence myself sarahvital.

Canny hurt to hedge one's bet all the same.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The soul is eternal.

The mystery school teachings will teach you that and some will even prove it to you.
edit on 21-7-2022 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why would anybody want to be immortal?
It may be fun for a while, But after watching generation after generation of your family die. I think it would end up driving you insane.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

...."guy said all freemasons are promised immortality "

Yep , in HELL Serving HIM

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not going to give you the answer yet, straight out of the ritual, I'll wait until there's plenty of funny answers from non-Masons.

Don’t wait too long to answer!
Consider us mortals.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It depends how you look at it really. Not from the Masons perspective, or the Templars, although they had a glimpse.

Hard to wrap your head around. If the lights go out when you die, time effectively ceases to be, for you. A trillion billion years is nothing. The Universe expanding, collapsing, renewing endlessly, until, inevitably, it all aligns again exactly like this, just the same, and we’re back. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'm on the fence myself sarahvital.

Canny hurt to hedge one's bet all the same.

it'll be a trip

no matter what, that's for sure

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Take freemasonry lodges as little different religious cults. Their general narrative is very similar with similar rituals, but they all have their little quirky differences and their own leaders who tell others what is what.
The main attraction of freemasonry is about being part of "the elite" and knowing something "that others don't know". That is how people are enticed into cults where they are blinded by their desires to be better then other people. Money is a big part in freemasonry that will determine who is more and who is less "elite". So, lodges with less wealth tend to obey to richer lodges and this can make one assume that there is some global rigid organizational structure. Same is with lodges that have members with better imagination and who can come up with more intriguing narratives that entice people better. I don't think so that promising immortality would be the best to entice people. Generally freemasonry is based on classical mysticism that every cult uses, where members are enticed by their curiosity and the need to feel important and are put to work for people who know the game better

edit on 21-7-2022 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Did you know the Chinese made gun powder!
best part is they were trying to make Immortality!

that tells you haw hard they were trying.
people are still trying to day.
all it will get you is kill'd.

ONLY the best of the supper rich get to use it.
just imagine if every one get to be immortal.
we have 7.9 billlion people now.
if no one dies that can more than double each year.
so in ten years that 8,089,600,000,000 Trillion.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do psychedelic drugs and find out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join