It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

999.99% sure I saw an Apparition this weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Good Monday morning friends!

I had a wonderful weekend touring a bucolic area of our state, Door County.
For those that know the area it is well know for it's haunted houses, lighthouses, restaurants and stores.

I came upon the oldest house in Fish Creek. A beautiful white house that symbolizes Americana.
A Docent spoke with us about the house and the sad history.

You can read about the history of it here.
Here

Now to the intersting part. The Docent giving the tours mentioned that apparitions have made themselves seen many times, often in mirrors, windows and other ways, sometimes as mist. The house itself was very intersting. I felt weird in two rooms right away, the parlor and keeping room. There was an area that instantly creeped me out, and I later found out that was the entrance to the basement and an area that even the docents don't like to go down to. Other than that I didn't get an evil or spooky feeling at all. Actually the house was lovely, light and you could feel love/pride in the old home.

Everyone was having a good time and taking photos like crazy. The docent mentioned a mist that would often form in the shape of a woman and I was trying to capture that and that is when I got this image. It is grainy because it is blown up, the image has not been altered in any way. I laughed and showed my family, doesn't that look like a man. Thats when I looked up Alexander Noble himself and chills ran down my spine. If that isn't Mr. Noble himself! I spoke to some experts on the property and they said he is the one that shows up most often and oddly I had captured him in an area he had never been seen before!

So skeptics take a look and tell me what you think? I will say until a person sees a ghost/apparition in person there are few things you can do to convince them. That's ok because I was that way too!

It was raining very heavily it almost appeared as if he was watching people come and go and he stayed dry on the side!
here are the pics, I included a thumbnail, if you click on that I believe that is the easiest to see the face.

edit on 13-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

First of all, well laid out thread. Piqued my interest, and then kept it all thru!

I def can see a similarity in the apparition pic and the photo of the man. The hairline, high cheek bones, mustache, mouth open as if speaking. What do you see going on under his head? At first I thought arms crossed, but then I saw a hand, palm up, reaching, near in the lower right side of the window.

You mentioned a "sad history." What did they say about that when you visited?

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Excellent picture!

Pareidolia would be my best guess. We see what our minds want us to see, especially compared to a picture and putting points together. I can absolutely see the face you are referencing, with the eye socket shadows and even the lightly colored moustache. It's there.

If it was a ghost or apparition, why (or how exactly) would it want to look, aim, gaze, or show up exactly like they did in a very specific photograph? Do they even know what their photograph resembles or how? How did it know to pose exactly like the photo?

That's my logical and skeptical view.
I do believe in things we can't see.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

What do you see going on under his head?

He was a blacksmith and I thought maybe a runched leather glove?

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There is a resemblance. Having been a paranormal investigator for 15 years, I will say that's likely pareidolia, so many pixels and distortion, kind of like seeing shapes in woodgrain or clouds.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
my interest would be to locate the 'source' for the sites weirdness & fogs which assimilate into long deceased persons associated with the house...

some sort of vortice projects moments of a past time or even things like pictures to sensitive viewer...
i assume the OP seen the bearded mans image in 3D

natural distortions in the time-space continuum might be the cause...like energy being distorted by intersecting 'Ley Lines'...perhaps as many as 3 or 4 Ley Lines colliding as is the case of the Parade Grounds/Stadiums in both Munich and "Nuremberg Germany (chosen as Speach sites for Hitler Rallies ..to get the most inspirational public energy aroused)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Interesting that he mentioned windows and mirrors.. in other words.. In glass..

I have seen some weird things, but on two occasions they were 100% ghosts, no question.

First time i was in an old house, with a friend, we were walking down some stairs and this little kid run from behind us and past us to the bottom of the stairs, he ran in to a room that was at the moment being renovated and empty, we followed him and he had disappeared, i know he was a ghost because his hands disappeared in to thin air below the elbow, and his feet disappeared below the knee. We both saw him.

Second time i was home by myself, just sitting in a couch watching tv, got bored and started to look at a display cabinet full of cool stuff, then my eyes got focused on the glass doors of the cabinet, and i saw that in a chair next to me, was this old woman, in a black dress sitting and apparently watching the tv with me, she looked like she was from the 18th century. i got scared and looked away, to gather my thoughts, maybe it was an illusion, just something that looked like there is a person, so slowly i double checked, i looked again at the glass door, and there she was, sitting perfectly still, i even saw all the detail on her wrinkly face, so i quickly darted up, got my clothes in one hand, stopped at the door to put my shoes on, but stopped and just grabbed my stuff and bolted out the door, i put my jacket and shoes on outside the house. called my girlfriend and explained the situation and asked her to come home because i could not go back alone. got rid of the cabinet a few days after.

For some reason, lots of paranormal stuff has happened to me, some so strange they are difficult to explain. for example, strong out of body experiences as a child, lots of interactions with ghosts, crazy ufo encounters, and even the frigging Glimmerman, that was basically the alien creature from the predator movies. Our world is crazy and full of mysteries.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wow! That's pretty cool! Thanks, and awesome story!

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

natural distortions in the time-space continuum might be the cause...like energy being distorted by intersecting 'Ley Lines'...perhaps as many as 3 or 4 Ley Lines colliding as is the case of the Parade Grounds/Stadiums in both Munich and "Nuremberg Germany (chosen as Speach sites for Hitler Rallies ..to get the most inspirational public energy aroused)

Very possible. This house sits at an intersting spot. It overlooks Fish Creek, and sits at the bottom of a cliff, almost like at the bottom of a bowl. If I were to look at this area with Feng Shui I would say it's naturally an area of movement. It is now the busiest street in that area.

new topics

top topics

join