It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. Muggles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
10 wonderful years with the most gentle and emotionally aware dog. He was a prince among mutts, taken from the shelter at 6mos. I chose him out of a pen with 3 dogs, he was the one sitting in the back not begging to be taken home. I knew he was needed by us. What a blessing he was!

Now comes the hard part.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I’m so sorry, pets are like our kids 🥲

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So sorry for your loss...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Only ten years, it died so young. When we get a dog it should outlive us so the dog can bury us, they could dig a grave pretty quick for us. I am getting old and we have had many pets and it gets harder and harder everytime one dies. It is so depressing to bury your roommates and friends.

One of our cats is fifteen and hopefully she gets to live to twenty years old or more like most of the cats we have had. We lost two males to blood clots in their backs from injuries to the spine causing a problem and paralysis of their back legs and stuff, they were only fifteen years old, both in great shape but that's life. Father and son three years apart.

Sorry to hear you lost a good friend. It sucks.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You'll see Muggles again. In the meantime, you have my deepest sympathy.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Don't be sad because he passed.
Be joyful that he lived .

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss of Muggles.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. I spent most of the last week facing his loss though we didnt think he was going to die he had been sick for a week. He was 90lbs and strong as an ox so we had hope. Spent a lot to learn nothing with vets. Wish we had just kept him home but he deserved every chance we could give him. I know we would question ourselves later if we hadn't (what if we did ____?). I will see him everywhere in the house for years now. Our other dog Ares was his little brother, he's confused and will be depressed for a while I'm sure.

Thank again everyone for your kind words.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Rest In Peace hound.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Aww man
I’m so sorry.
Muggles is a great name btw.
I had a bear of a dog that was a real sweetheart too.
Best!

Remember that you made each other’s lives better.
That’s what counts.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your doggie brother it’s always hard.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oh, no. I am so sorry you lost your wonderful pup. I hope his memories do justice to his character.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We had to put down our family dog yesterday too (she was 13), we weren't ready for her to go but she was ready. So, so sorry for your loss - treasure the memories. I'm sure you gave Muggles a beautiful life

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It's never any easier, either. Sorry for your loss as well.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My condolences for loosing a family member. Are you allowed to dig a grave in your backyard?

My landlords lost their dog about two weeks ago, after a week of struggle. We dug one, sieved the earth to put on top and made a frame and a cross, burned the name in with a dremel and black powder ignited. It was their family member.

Much respect, remember, life is a cycle and it ends some day, to allow new life to roam this planet. Think about washing all the stuff if you have other dogs, to get off the smell.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So sorry for your loss of Muggles, ATA. I have known a couple of people who believed they sensed their pets after they have passed. Maybe a sound, or even a pressure against them. It is a comfort for them. I am one of those people. As with people, I don't believe they are gone, just moved to a different.......... what to call it........ dimension? plane? It would seem a testament to Muggles' gentle nature that he was allowed to be so close to the chicks in the photo; I bet that took a series of encounters for the hen to allow it.

You gave your boy many years that he would likely have not enjoyed without your intervention. It's a beautiful thing that is forged between people and their animals.

I am reminded of the Twilight Zone episode #84 entitled "The Hunt". I came out in 1962. Here is part 1, which will lead you to the other six parts. ETA: forgot the link. That won't get better with age. The Hunt

No dog will ever replace Muggles, but be open to a new friend being placed in your path.
edit on 28/5/22 by argentus because: grumble

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss Asktheanimals , don't do what i did and wait years to get another one

top topics

<<   2 >>

join