It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India bans wheat exports.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Already in house and plenty of it

Rice, pasta, canned foods, all in house. Fruit and vegetables are growing in the garden, the nice weather we have now is doing a great job

a reply to: grey580

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, the US won't have to worry about any hoarding of our crops- they'll be going to the highest bidder, with Hunter being the agent in charge. What isn't used to feed all the starving 'undocumented' at the southern border, that is.

Over two million have poured through the border recently, yet some people still claim there aren't any immigrants to harvest the crops. That's some real mental gymnastics. lol

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Don't knead a bread maker
No knead bread has been a thing for many years. You can let it raise in a cool area for along time, warm area for a short time, keep in fridge for a couple days.....flexible to your schedule and easy delicious bread. I've left my dough to 'raise' for 2 days in a 75F degree room.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: Sander1976

I truly and deeply hate the global econony and everyone who brought its existance to light. One countries issue should not raise the price all over the world. I am just about fed up with "globalization".

Revolution is coming.

Global trade reduces the price of goods and services.

It's the interruption of that trade that as increasing prices. If you don't want a global economy then you have to be prepared for higher prices as the norm.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Buy yourselves a bread maker. Get a 50lb bag of flour. And some yeast.

You're starting 2 steps to late.

1) Grow yourself some grain
2) Mill it
3) Everything that you said.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
WAIT the Immigrants Left When ?

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Elites initiated the class warfare.

In response, the world population has mastered the art of apathy.

Moooooo!

Yes, the elite forced fruit farmers in California to pay far below the living wage, thus harming their ability to recruit pickers and packers after the immigrants left.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Great Plains of the USA used to be called “the breadbasket for the world “.

I’m sure US farmers can produce enough wheat for the USA for a while.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Every year the US is host to hundreds of thousands of perfectly legal immigrants on short term visa who come into the country to do seasonal tasks such as fruit picking, or harvesting other crops. A lot of these legal immigrants left in late 2019 because their visa expired and never came back in 2020 because they couldn't get a new visa due to lockdown.

Many of these people still didn't come back in 2021 and fewer will be back in 2022 as they've become more established somewhere else and aren't doing seasonal laboring any more.

The illegal immigrants went north ... because Democrat states. Or they're in California. I hear that Walgreens security guards are handing out low carbon bags to put shoplifted items in.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

You mean the Corn Belt, right?

Decades of mono-cropping and over utilization mean that American soil is in a terrible state. It's practically just dust in places and won't grow much without lots of chemicals.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Forget the commentary but those blue areas don’t like icky and smelly farms in their backyards. Mostly because you can get food at the grocery store instead of growing it yourself.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Step 1 and 2 is not doable for most people. Not for me anyways.

There are multiple mills around the corner where I live, wheat stored properly goes a long way.

I bake bread in a dutch oven, works great and very delicious. Extra plus a wood fire will do with a dutch oven, no electricity or gas needed.

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Global trade has also lowered the quality and labor costs to where big businesses make more profits and they can continue to slowly increase prices. Yeah prices may be low for some things but only because these businesses pay their overseas workers peanuts and make subpar products.

It's obviously more complicated than that but I also believe that speculation and market makers shouldn't exist either. I believe they are one of the root causes of global economic issues.

Then again, I am more of the belief that we need less of everything.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: ElGoobero

He's not withholding grain, he's preventing it from being sold at a higher price overseas as a cash crop while his own people face rising food prices.

He's putting India first, and I hope that Washington would do the same under similar circumstances. Trump certainly would have had something to say about American companies selling food overseas while American's starved.

Yeah, it's kind of funny that those here who are against the US having so many things imported/exported that could and should be manufactured, grown and kept within our own border, 'bring manufacturing back to America' and believe that countries including the USA should be independent in food and energy sources but whine when a country decides to protect their own. Hypocrites.

Umm who exactly had a problem directly with India

19 post in the thread and maby 10 posters I don't see anyone bashing India for this ...

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We have twenty five pound bags of organic white flour in stock. I upped it from ten bags before the price jumped up. I expect that either the organic wheat flour will rise quite a bit or it will become hard to find locally at a reasonable price within a month or two from now. I will continue to buy a bag when I use one. We go through about twelve pounds a month lately, if brad goes up more, we will make more breads, so I think that we will be using about twenty five pounds of flour a month in the near future, like we did when I was making all our bread and giving the kids quite a few loaves or hard rolls around that time. Heck, the three pregnant does eat about two loaves of bread a week between them....plus around fifteen pounds of potatoes and five pounds of apples or carrots a week too. I keep telling them I am only subsidizing their diet but they really like potatoes and carrots and homemade breads and rolls.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Forget the commentary but those blue areas don’t like icky and smelly farms in their backyards. Mostly because you can get food at the grocery store instead of growing it yourself.

They're also areas with sky high land prices. So they put housing and retail above farming.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You can always grow other vegetable in planters, or even vines in hanging baskets. Then preserve them yourself. Great source of vitamins. At the very least you can make and freeze sauces for pasta or other grain based dishes.

I bake bread in a dutch oven

Yeah, that means something completely different to me, too much TV in the 1980s, I guess.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Please note that Ukraine exports grain to Europe and so far Western newspapers are writing about it.

When famine begins in Ukraine, the West will begin to accuse Russia of having taken all the grain from Ukraine to its territory.

It will be hard for Ukraine’s economy to sustain a long war

May 14th 2022

The hard part is shipping the stuff out of the country.

The presence of the Russian navy in the Black Sea, as well as the defensive deployment of mines by Ukraine’s navy, means that Odessa, Ukraine’s principal port, is shut down completely. The same goes for its second and third ports, located nearby. Berdyansk and Mariupol, the fourth and fifth, are under Russian control. Nor can much grain be stored; the country’s grain silos are mostly full of the recently harvested winter crop, which would normally have been sent abroad by now.

Mustafa Nayyem, a former journalist and protester turned Ukraine’s deputy infrastructure minister, is in charge of solving the problem. If the grain cannot get out by sea, it will have to travel by road and rail, via Poland, Romania and Hungary. But problems abound, he says. The roads cannot handle that much heavy traffic; the alternative ports have limited spare capacity.

Worst of all, crossing Ukraine’s frontiers with the eu is arduous. Customs and phytosanitary checks are already causing 10km tailbacks at entry points. The club’s rules say that, since Ukraine is not a member, only a limited number of its lorries can enter. Bureaucracy is gumming up the works, and unless they are unblocked Ukraine, Europe and indeed the world will face severe food shortages after the harvest in September. “We need every country in Europe to allow free access to our trucks,” says the minister. “They don’t seem to understand the sheer amount of wheat that is about to hit them.”

www.economist.com...

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sander1976
India first, the world later.

Isn't that how it should be, for India?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on Sat May 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I've lived under Communism, and I've seen how they turned people against the "elite", and I'm seeing much of the same here.

Really which country was that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join