It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD may be ANGRY at CALIFORNIA for Becoming an ABORTION Mecca.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
General reply:

Okay FOLKS HERE WE GO..

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

75% chance its only going to be a Tropical Storm, Depression, or remnant by the time it hits us. But the sea temp is 74 degrees, which is warm for us, and crazier things have happened. Been since 1858 since a hurricane (Strong Cat 1) made landfall in San Diego county.

It probably won't even rain knowing how it goes. During the TS last year it only had one or two significant bands hit us. 40-50 mph wind gusts. Not Much.

Last years storm:

But I wanna go play Jim Cantore at The Strand, so...

Let's Go Hilary!
edit on 16-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Tropical Strorm Hilary 2023 tracker: Will a hurricane hit San Diego

According to a few spaghetti models this has the potential (less than 10%) of being a once in a lifetime event, like a heavy snowmelt and Lake Tulare forming.

Most likely we get rain and a depression. Maybe a weak Tropical Storm. But if this turns into a Cat 4 monster off the Baja coast, and holds its path, things may get interesting.

Ocean Temps are in low 70's so this will likely die off before it hits here... unfortunately. It has to get strong enough to not fall apart in time.

edit on 16-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't think society will ever come to an agreement on abortion but we can still compromise. Not everyone believes in your christian beliefs regarding abortion and God.

America is NOT a christian nation. It is a nation that welcomes all relgions and beliefs with respect to each other's persuit of happiness.

Compromise is the only solution and until you do so, it's just going to be an endless debate that never gets solved and takes up valuable time that could be used to solve issues that can actually be solved.

If right wingers don't like lefties pushing LGBTQ stuff and forcing their beliefs, then right wingers shouldnt be forcing their religious beliefs and ideology on them.

Not sure why people think "my way or the highway" mentality will solve anything. Plus, aren't right wingers for LESS government control?
edit on 16-8-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Abortion, Trans, grooming, sexual immorality - these things are the result of judgement already!!

They were judged and their punishment is to go further away into their own lunacy. God is giving them up to their own devices. In a sense, they are being let go. Which is terrifying. The result of this judgement is now abortion, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
I don't think society will ever come to an agreement on abortion but we can still compromise. Not everyone believes in your christian beliefs regarding abortion and God.

America is NOT a christian nation. It is a nation that welcomes all relgions and beliefs with respect to each other's persuit of happiness.

Compromise is the only solution and until you do so, it's just going to be an endless debate that never gets solved and takes up valuable time that could be used to solve issues that can actually be solved.

If right wingers don't like lefties pushing LGBTQ stuff and forcing their beliefs, then right wingers shouldnt be forcing their religious beliefs and ideology on them.

Not sure why people think "my way or the highway" mentality will solve anything. Plus, aren't right wingers for LESS government control?

Correction - America is a fallen Christian nation - never forget that.

The freedoms you speak of and cling to are a direct result of Christianity - freedom and the support of God given rights.

Democracy itself can be seen to be a strong contender for its creation.

The fact you don't know this or don't care is not unexpected.

The rub is, when you chose the freedom to turn your back, collectively, to God and the underlying principles it uphelds

THAT LIFE IS IMPORTANT AND THERE IS A REASON AND PURPOSE TO LIFE

when this ideal is let go

1. woman become masculine and vice versa - ursuping authority and the nature balance of things as the men become weak, they are concurred by stronger men etc.
2. Life is unimportant - abortion - because evolution - hedonism - no understanding of holiness or appreciation or fear of a judgement from a holy God - result millions of slaughtered, murdered babies, who felt terrible pain during the process. This is evil - and terrifying that anyone needs to be told this - That is the end of things folks - period. That is the judgement of God - to find yourself in a position where you NEED to be told slaughtering babies is evil.
3. Massive corruption - government - corporations making merchandise over you

So much more.

The Usa was special when it was a Christian Nation and WILL fall down, spiritually, economically, morally, and in all ways when it lets Go of its original ideals, because without retaining the original ideals - it will give way unto tyranny and dictatorship eventually when the government work for corporations and enslave the populace. Horrible corruption. Through the corruption, little by little, your freedom will be taken from you and your rights.

edit on 16-8-2023 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: carewemust

The Magma Chambers under Yellowstone are Rapidly Filling Up , there could be an Eruption sometime in the Near Future . Cally and the Western States will Suffer the Most if that Happens . Something to Think about other than Hu Mon Politics IWI ..........

not to drift topic but I don't think that's true. I think the areas just East of Yellowstone will suffer worst as the prevailing winds blow the ash that way.

I remember when Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans I was in a Bible study and we pondered whether New Orleans was being judged, or if Katrina was just a random natural event. we concluded that some disasters are Divine judgment, but not all.
I would not be surprised to see disaster strike California. But the scientists say San Andreas &tc make this inevitable, God or no.
one could say Cal is suffering slow-motion human disaster these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TTU77

Correction - America is a fallen Christian nation - never forget that. The freedoms you speak of and cling to are a direct result of Christianity - freedom and the support of God given rights.

I find this so silly. What was christian about American in the past? We had widespread slavery and then treated blacks as less than whites in many states. We killed countless native Americans to obtain this land.

What was so christian about America that made it a "fallen christian nation". We never started out with christian values in the first place. Then again, most nations that adopted religions like christianity, islam, and judiasm never really followed the main messages either.

America was never some utopian christian nation of morality and virtue. It was founded on slavery and theft of native Americans. All this new-age progressive stuff that you may disagree with pales in comparison to the horrors America has done in the past. And even still does. Lets not forget about all the wars and conflicts we supported for our own agendas.

I understand wanting to have pride in your country but when people pretend like America used to be some holy great Christian nation, it just sounds like they never read any history. Or are being ignorant.

I agree with your sentiment towards corruption. It is widespread. Although, corruption has existed in the past, this is just a much larger array of corruption by corporations controlling politicians.

edit on 17-8-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Does God really care about abortion? He killed a ton of first-born children to spite a king in the old testament. If this is the God you're talking about, I doubt he cares.

"Thou shall not kill" and all these so-called religious people are upset at abortion because they think it is killing; but say little ot nothing of all the conflicts America is in or supports that kills thousands of innocent lives.

Christianity is full of hypocrites. If God truely was going to pass "judgement" on us. He would have done so many years ago. Progressive ideology isn't suddenly tipping the scales of right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Does God really care about abortion? He killed a ton of first-born children to spite a king in the old testament. If this is the God you're talking about, I doubt he cares.

"Thou shall not kill" and all these so-called religious people are upset at abortion because they think it is killing; but say little ot nothing of all the conflicts America is in or supports that kills thousands of innocent lives.

Christianity is full of hypocrites. If God truely was going to pass "judgement" on us. He would have done so many years ago. Progressive ideology isn't suddenly tipping the scales of right and wrong.

Your naivety is outstanding and frightening. These are the most basic of basic thought patterns of a secular person.

I could give you all the answers, but you would still not even have any of your toes in the water of the truth.

Read John in the bible, watch a couple sermons, every assertion or assumption your wrote, do a quick google search. I promise you, there are thousands of articles explaining everything you addressed and more.

Number one, did you not read my reply.

Lots of sin is also a result of judgement.

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;”

God has appointed, in his soveriengy, a day of Judgement and He has appointed a man to do so on the world. That man was Jesus, fully man and fully God.

That is end of days is judgement day. In those times is also the first ressurection and when the firstfruit will be given glorified eternal bodies that arent fallen and won't sin.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm actually at a loss of words...

for asking

"Does God really care about abortion"

Please, I beg you do a bit of research.

You ask a reasonable question on why did God kill all the first borns in Egypt.

However, your line of thought, since He did that in Egypt, He shouldm't mind killing babies now is very much in error - to an alarming degree.

It reminds me of the Simon the Sorcerere who wanted to buy the miracles the apostles were doing.

21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”

Key point is your heart seems very far from God and not right with Him, not unlike how mine was - and is sometimes on some issues.

Here is some insight regarding what happened in Egpyt.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I grew up catholic and read much of the bible. Main point was that, if you truely believe in christian values, then America was never a "christian" nation at heart.

Why I left religion is mostly due to the massive amounts of hypocrisy and cherry-picking of morals. Morality is much better if derived from one's heart and compassion. It is so often twisted and minipulated if one relies on religious doctrine since that is interpreted in so many differn't ways.

If America was a christian nation, then it was only because christianity is deeply flawed and immoral. If you believe in christianity of only doing good to others and loving God's creations, then America was never that. You can't pretend you follow that morality and still be knee-deep in slavery, murder, theft, and greed.

This desire for America to return to it's glory days of christian morals so often forgets what America was actually like. It's a comfort nostolgia for white christians who are ignorant of history.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Correction - America is a fallen Christian nation - never forget that. The freedoms you speak of and cling to are a direct result of Christianity - freedom and the support of God given rights.

I find this so silly. What was christian about American in the past? We had widespread slavery and then treated blacks as less than whites in many states. We killed countless native Americans to obtain this land.

What was so christian about America that made it a "fallen christian nation". We never started out with christian values in the first place. Then again, most nations that adopted religions like christianity, islam, and judiasm never really followed the main messages either.

America was never some utopian christian nation of morality and virtue. It was founded on slavery and theft of native Americans. All this new-age progressive stuff that you may disagree with pales in comparison to the horrors America has done in the past. And even still does. Lets not forget about all the wars and conflicts we supported for our own agendas.

I understand wanting to have pride in your country but when people pretend like America used to be some holy great Christian nation, it just sounds like they never read any history. Or are being ignorant.

I agree with your sentiment towards corruption. It is widespread. Although, corruption has existed in the past, this is just a much larger array of corruption by corporations controlling politicians.

Are you a Christian, first off? If not, might I humbly declare unto your own worldview, that there would be NO such thing as corruption. That is a Christian worldview of right and wrong.

My main point is that secular people take for granted their rights and freedom, democracy, even school systems and so many things more were influenced by Chrisitianity - flat out.

I was not commenting on a utopian society whatsoever.

It was predominantly Chrisitian. If it were the same today, I'm asserting abortion would be illegal period.

Much of the evil is a direct result from turning from the bible. The bible never caused any evil, but the opposite. Men not following the bible, is the cause of evil.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I grew up catholic and read much of the bible. Main point was that, if you truely believe in christian values, then America was never a "christian" nation at heart.

Why I left religion is mostly due to the massive amounts of hypocrisy and cherry-picking of morals. Morality is much better if derived from one's heart and compassion. It is so often twisted and minipulated if one relies on religious doctrine since that is interpreted in so many differn't ways.

If America was a christian nation, then it was only because christianity is deeply flawed and immoral. If you believe in christianity of only doing good to others and loving God's creations, then America was never that. You can't pretend you follow that morality and still be knee-deep in slavery, murder, theft, and greed.

This desire for America to return to it's glory days of christian morals so often forgets what America was actually like. It's a comfort nostolgia for white christians who are ignorant of history.

I understand your point and their is merit in much of what you are saying.

Whether or not America was ever a Christian nation, by whosoever's defintion, doesn't negate the fact that, indeed, 100%, the values of Chrsitianity, without a doubt are responsible for the values of early America, and are held within the verbage of the constitution.

The values are there, certainly, written by men who understood and valued them.

Certainly most know of them, by without the Holy Spirit understand them not, two entirely different things, thus abide not in the love of God by abiding in His love, by obeying the commandments therein.

Read more of the bible, imo, stay there, stay blessed, be one of the shining ones in the light.

I also hope you know, much of what the catholic church teaches is unbiblical, but I digress.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Worst storm in 84 years is hitting California this week.

Hilary Comes Ashore: www.businesskhabar.com...

Destruction from multiple threats is what sinful California is experiencing.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So is god a vengeful god because of democrats?

I thought god and spirituality was all about forgivness not punishing people

I appreciate your knowledge on the subject, is everyone in California deserving of such punishment from this storm, elderly couples and infants?

edit on 000000p3101America/Chicago820202308 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

History shows God wiping out entire swath of populations...much like we did in Japan.

I agree...Both God and Man should be more "surgical" when it comes to punishing evil.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Reporting from So. Ca, 60 miles north of LA on the coast.

The sky has been darkening all day. Its been dead calm since yesterday. My time spent over at the Channel Islands on dozens of fishing trips over the last 30 or so years, I'm very familiar with local ocean. Ive seen it dead calm before, and it always spooks the Captain. Humid calm on top, strong current underneath and quiet sealife. Time to get home while we still can. And often found some pretty rocking crossing the Santa Barbara Channel (the graveyard of the Eastern Pacific) .

I went out to prep my patio, take the umbrella down, check for branches and stuff. 3 birds tried to get in my patio door.

My cattle dogs have been acting like stupid chickens all day. Under my feet, tails tucked.

Im ready, candles and munchies. I will post local info as long as I have power.

A friend near Mexicali has water come in their automotive shop already. They put all their tools and electric equip and some of their cars up high.

Remnants of the storm may even effect NM. Flash flood in arroyos is common there too.

eta: I just went out and had a look see, and the air now smells like rain. Used to have that back home, smelling rain before it rains and after. Here we just live in a cloud all the time, drizzly wet. So I dont really ever get to smell rain like that anymore. Its a treat!
edit on 8/20/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't think the Bible mentions America or abortions for that matter.

Certainly does not seem to appear in any translation of the book, the word "abortion" that is.

Out of more than 600 laws of Moses, none comments on abortion. One Mosaic law about miscarriage specifically contradicts the claim that the bible is antiabortion, clearly stating that miscarriage does not involve the death of a human being. If a woman has a miscarriage as the result of a fight, the man who caused it should be fined. If the woman dies, however, the culprit must be killed

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

"And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth . . ." Ex. 21:22-25

The bible orders the death penalty for murder of a human being, but not for the expulsion of a fetus.

edit on 20-8-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, there is a reference to the Eagle, the Bear and the Dragon. Nothing to see there.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Just saying.

And if he doesn't mention the place.

Or even abortions, then I'm hard pushed to see why the big fellow would be peeved or angry at California.

Anyhoo a woman's body is her own concern, stands to reason really by my guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join