It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury vs Whyte

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Fury v Whyte

Fury and Whyte will meet in a few hours to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world. Two brits fighting in their home country in front of 94, or so, thousand would be awesome to see. Too bad it's on PPV.

Fury is the heavy favorite but Whyte is big and strong and you never know what will happen in boxing.

Anyone here going to watch it?
edit on 4/23/2022 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I haven’t watched boxing for years but truthfully I was never much of a fan.
MMA is much more interesting to me.

The payouts for boxing still amaze me though. Apparently someone is watching to be able to pay millions in prize money.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I can't wait, i'm a big fan of Fury.

Depends what strategy he employs as to how i see the fight going. Personally i think Fury will keep him at the end of his jab, stay on the outside and bust up Whyte, similar to the Chisora fights. Then once Whyte starts gassing, he'll turn up the heat. I've put some money on Fury stoppage, rounds 7,8,9.

Difficult one because Fury's unpredictability and diversity could see him fight in any number of ways. For Whyte it's land the left hook or look for counters and hope Fury walks into something.
edit on 23/4/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Anyone here going to watch it?

Depends if I can find it on youtube ... did last time

Tyson Fury all the way for me , I doubt it will last past the 6th round Fury has come in lighter than against Deontay Wilder and it looks like he's going to box Whyte rather than stand toe to toe , I don't think even Whyte thinks he's going to win hence his no shows at the press conferences.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
not too sure......working tomorrow and I know ill have a couple (or six) beers if I watch it, leading to an 11 hour hangover at work lols

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm watching, I hope tyson loses . He's a great boxer and is sure dummy, but I can't get behind a bigoted gypo I'm afraid.
I also then hope Usyk comes along and takes all the belts To become undisputed. I honestly believe he's going down to be one of the greats. 🇬🇧
edit on 23-4-2022 by Albert999 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Fury to win within 4 rounds

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I used to really dislike Fury....but he's grown on me.
And there's no denying he is an exceptionally good boxer who can mix it up.

I know a few people who have met him and they reckon he's a really down to earth genuinely likeable guy.

Dillian Whyte is no mug and could shock....anyone who punches that hard has a chance and he's a more than capable boxer.

Could be a great fight, but I refuse to pay for it, its more a point of principle really - some may say I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face but.....

Fury will probably try to box and move and tire Whyte out and then come on strong....but he's proven he can change tactics to suit.

A few mates have tickets.....the atmosphere will be electric.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its just about to start. Whytes best chance is an early stoppage - if he can get inside Fury as I think he gas out. The longer it goes on then Fury will be odds on.
Its hard to call a winner though.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sixth-round TKO , Fury wins.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Pretty convincing, to say the least.....hopefully won't be the last time we see him fight.

But come on man, American Pie?

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

There's unfinished business , Fury won't retire before that's settled.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yeah, he sounded pretty adamant that he's finished....but I can't see him resisting the temptation of beating either Joshua or Usyk.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He pulled Francis Ngannou into a ring interview after the fight and said that's his next opponent. Boxing ring with MMA gloves seemingly. Also asked him if he had a big sausage which made me laugh.
edit on 23/4/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I hope not....those sort of match up's have always sorted de-valued boxing.

I have to say Fury has endeared himself to a lot of people many of whom like myself were quite dismissive of him initially.

He's probably the best heavyweight around at present, probably the best there's been for a while now.
He deserves to sit back, relax and enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Boxing can be a brutal sport - in more ways than one - so many boxers have stayed in the ring for that one fight too many....but will he be able to resist the temptation of Joshua or Usyk, especially Joshua if he wins?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Check your pm's

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

He's ran out of any real challengers, Joshua and Usyk would get battered. He might come back for a Joshua fight if AJ can beat Usyk in the rematch, just to shut him up and also claim the undisputed title. Other than Joseph Parker there's no one else really at that level, maybe Joe Joyce or Andy Ruiz?

Wilder should come back, he would KO the lot of them.

As for fighting Ngannou, i expect he see's it as easy money. Punch a body building wrestler around for a few rounds then walk off into the sunset with a cool £50m.
edit on 24/4/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Heard Fury dominated. As for other fights, Usyk is a master boxer and has a chance against Fury. Also, Wallin went the distance with Fury in their fight. I scored it even. And it should have been stopped in the 6th because of those nasty cuts. That means Wallin would have been declared the winner by TKO.

So there are at least two fighters who have a real chance against Fury.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's believed Usyk vs Joshua 2 will happen late July , I think Fury will fight the winner of that bout then retire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join