It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of attraction taught by Jesus.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
I think there's much more matching phrases than there are discrepancies.

That is precisely my point, it is the discrepancies that kept them from being canon. It would be the discrepancies where the new info is, not in the phrases that match.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That is precisely my point, it is the discrepancies that kept them from being canon. It would be the discrepancies where the new info is, not in the phrases that match.

What about it? Do you believe in the law of attraction?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
What about it?

The phrases that match don't give you any new info. It is almost like someone filtered out the discrepancies and compiled the others into the bible.

Sure, now you can look them up on the internet and read them but for more than a millennium these texts were known to few and the church sure didn't what you getting your hands on them and it wasn't because of the phrases that match.

Do you believe in the law of attraction?

No.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Regardless of how much the Bible has been tampered with......I believe the teachings of Jesus are rock solid, indisputable and truthful words of God.

I have discovered this over and over again in my life, and it IS the Truth indeed.]

Great message!

Being human though certainly causes the rest to be an uphill battle, but it's worth working towards. Never go back.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe this anymore.

I so believe if you seek the kingdom good things will be added to you.

Similar concept.

What I was really trying to say was Jesus is the original law of attraction in a way.

If you only focus on him and his redeeming blood your prayers are answered.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Exactly, that's why it's my favourite part of The Bible.
The most magical and holds a wonderful mystery...

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No, Jesus did not teach the law of attraction, if you want proof and evidence that most of New Testament apocrypha or biblical apocrypha is bad in general, see the case of the Gospel of Barnabas, which is supposedly attributed to the Apostle Barnabas, has its writing harmonized with most of the writing for the Quran.

The other evidence is from Wikipedia itself;

The Gospel of Thomas is very different in tone and structure from other New Testament apocrypha and the four canonical Gospels. Unlike the canonical Gospels, it is not a narrative account of the life of Jesus; instead, it consists of logia (sayings) attributed to Jesus, sometimes stand-alone, sometimes embedded in short dialogues or parables; 13 of its 16 parables are also found in the Synoptic Gospels. The text contains a possible allusion to the death of Jesus in logion 65 (Parable of the Wicked Tenants, paralleled in the Synoptic Gospels), but does not mention his crucifixion, his resurrection, or the final judgement; nor does it mention a messianic understanding of Jesus

Also on Wikipedia's page of the Gospel of Thomas, it is described to be apart of the Nag Hammadi Codex II, a papyrus codex with a collection of early Christian Gnostic texts in Coptic (Sahidic dialect), and so it is practically proven that the Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic psyop.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

A more common name for the Law of Attraction is wishful thinking.

Quantum mechanics does not trump determinism, nor is the universe obedient to your insignificant presence. These are things only scientific illiterates believe. Your perception of reality may alter, of course, due to your idiotic beliefs; that just proves how hopelessly, helplessly self-delusive you are, you sorry meat-puppet. You are at the mercy of chance and every physical process that occurs. This will continue until you are dead. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

You will never get anything you want, because it will crumble to dust as soon as you hold it in your hands. You will die unfulfilled because you don't know how to live.

Jesus did not teach people that they could have anything they wanted. He taught how to care for others and how to make the best of what God lets you have. His contempt for material wealth and self-indulgence was vast -- you might say it was as big as the Universe.

You superstitious fool. Your desires are as trivial and as shallow as your mind. And your comeuppance is written right into your self-indulgent, infantile beliefs.

You are a walking corpse and you don't even know it.

edit on 6/12/23 by Astyanax because:

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join