It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Gilbert Gottfried

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Gilbert Gottfried, the comedian, “Aladdin” star and owner of the most recognizable voice in Hollywood, has died after battling a long illness, his family announced Tuesday. He was 67.
His publicist told the Washington Post that he died of myotonic dystrophy type 2, a form of muscular dystrophy.

edit on 12-4-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

He was an unusual comic, but it paid off for him.
An unmistakable voice, pretty good timing too.
See above video for some contagious laughter

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah I just heard the news on Shade 45.
Awful. The movie Aladdin will never be the same.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

interesting - I read he died from ventricular tachycardia. Will have to look up link

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

RIP Gilbert Gottfried

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I loved his comedy. I have a friend who can't even be in the room if Gilbert is on TV.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

interesting - I read he died from ventricular tachycardia. Will have to look up link

Here it is - Link

So sad, all 3 together, now all 3 gone!

RIP funny guys

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just heard the news . Not sure if there are any members or moderators left here that attended the ATS November 5th party with me where Gilbert was also a guest. He seemed very quiet and mild mannered when not "in character" .
Too many already gone this year.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

Yes, Myo muscle.

Gottfried died from recurrent ventricular tachycardia due to myotonic dystrophy type II, a disorder that affects the heart, his publicist and longtime friend Glenn Schwartz said in a statement.

rarediseases.org...#:~:text=Myotonic%20dystrophy%20type%202%2C%20one,weakness%2C%20pain%2C%20and%20s tiffness.

Overview

Myotonic dystrophy type 2, one of the two types of myotonic dystrophy, is an inherited muscular dystrophy that affects the muscles and other body systems (e.g., heart, eyes, and pancreas). It is characterized by prolonged muscle tensing (myotonia) as well as muscle weakness, pain, and stiffness. Signs and symptoms usually develop during a person’s twenties or thirties. Muscles in the neck, fingers, elbows, and hips are typically affected; facial and ankle muscles are less commonly involved. The severity of myotonic dystrophy type 2 varies widely among affected people, even among family members. It is inherited in an autosomal dominant pattern and is caused by mutations in the CNBP gene. Treatment is based on each person’s specific signs and symptoms.

edit on 12-4-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Rest in Peace Gilbert.

Say hi to Bob for us.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That’s ballz. I lived of the comedy channel in the 80’s when it was just stand up’s on repeat.

Funny as hell.

Gilbert especially.

I hope in heaven his voice is transformed into the voice of his act.

Life is short. Accomplish your goals while not being overly selfish ooof

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
NSFW but it is so funny RIP Gilbert

new topics

top topics

join