It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Happened to the Paranormal ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I'm not seeing any reductions in alleged paranormal happenings.

I am seeing reduced coverage in the media, though.

I think also that there is a lot more cynicism and skeptical analysis, happening now, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Has anybody noticed a huge die down in any new paranormal sightings of just about any type etc

No .
Quite the opposite .

You will never see much if you are hiding under the table most of the time .

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's a mystery.

I can't explain it.

It's all very strange.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The thing is 'they' just look human and pretend (most of the time) to be friendly law-abiding citizens.
But at certain occasions (when they have the oppertunity) they will react out of character, usually in some psychopathic way and when you hear that person say it you just 'know' it's not a regular human being.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just from my viewpoint as an amateur investigator.....

I've not seen any reduction, in fact the opposite. I've been seeing an increase in reports and they're getting stranger. Folks apparently are more inclined to include the weirder aspects of an event because of the over-saturation of discussion. There also doesn't seem to be the "Kook factor" aimed at witnesses as it was in earlier years.

If you remember back in the day with the early reports on about "SkinWalker Ranch", we couldn't believe some of the things we were hearing from NIDS, Colm Kelleher and George knapp. Fast forward 15+ years and now we have learned that there were literally 100's of cases in the Utah Basin. So much so that we now have TV Shows wrapped around the weirdness (IE: "Secret's of SkinWalker Ranch", "The Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch", etc.). And it appears we are getting acclimated to accept such things (even tho still existing is the unknown factor).

I will suggest if anyone's interested in high UFO related weirdness around the Utah area to read the following books. The first is a great historical book on UFO strangeness (and considered to be the GOLD Standard) by a scientist entitled: " The Utah UFO Display: A Scientist's Report

Shedding new light on the UFO mystery, noted biologist Frank B. Salisbury, in collaboration with Joseph Junior Hicks, brings to life dramatic eyewitness accounts that address this timeworn puzzle. Written in the context of modern science, Utah UFO Display includes countless interviews of people who adamantly insist they witnessed a flying saucer or were abducted by extraterrestrial beings.

The other is by a woman that grew up and lived on a similar Ranch with high Strangeness. Perhaps even more so (they lived nearby SkinWalker Ranch). Because of her and her famiies engagement with these strange events, she began collecting other's strange reports as she got older and put them in this book: Letters of Love & Light: Four Decades of UFO Encounters, Experiences and Sightings Shared with Ufologist R. Leo Sprinkle, Ph.D

If you've not had a chance to hear from Native Navajo Nations Rangers that have made public presentations on many of the weird Calls they've been called on (Skinwalkers shot, Aliens investigating a home, Coins dropping from the ceiling of homes, etc.) Johnathan Dover is a former well-trained Military Man Whom has had numerous unexplained events happen under 'his watch'.

I'm offering these to the rest of the readers that may be just getting into the puzzling stuff.
Johnny

edit on 4/3/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: glitch clean up on aisle 4

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I've not seen any reduction, in fact the opposite

"Bigfoot" sighting here by a very respected local family (during Covid)
pretty clear photo of ghost lady locally, i'd share it but it's not my photo and people get weird about that, but it is pretty clear.
Stories of all kinds of people around town seeing apparations of soldiers... myself included.

My story... couple years back. Had to drive my son to work because he was having car issues. He started very early, so it was around 4am. I see an apparition right next a light post. I was 100% sure it was a civil war soldier, I could see tan pants and a gun of sorts. He was just standing there looking straight out into the distance. Totally forgot about it.

Then someone posted a pic, and my heart dropped. It was so similar to what I saw. I messaged them. They told me it wasn't a civil war soldier. That area held POWs! I think I saw a Japanese Soldier! I guess people all over town were seeing them/him/it or different forms of soldiers, many think they have seen the same one.

So many people have seen something the whole taboo/weirdness around it is quickly dissappearing. I'm seeing a lot more story sharing, acceptance and want for further investigation.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

There are so many fakes around that sightings no longer make the news. They're still happening but none are going viral as nobody is interested.

I think the waters of the Paranormal have been muddied so much, it's become almost a joke subject to discuss, much like the UFO community.

Sadly, the invention of Youtube and very advanced computer software, you can no longer trust what's real and what's not.

I do my own investigations and come up with my own conclusions these days.
edit on Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:50:24 -0500122242022000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My first thought was that with everything else going on in the world lately that it can distract from paranormal stuff, which may or may not be a barometer of actual activity, just that some aren't paying attention.

Speaking of Bigfoot, anyone watch the show Expedition Bigfoot? Not as hokey as several other shows on the topic. But yesterday's episode raised interesting questions regarding Bigfoot and the paranormal, including shadow people. 2 investigators were camped in a canyon on one side of a river and kept hearing rocks come on the other side and felt something was up there reacting to them. After several times of this, they shone their flashlights across the river onto the bluff (not at the top where the rocks were coming from) and a shadow figure ran right to left in front of the bluff. But there was nothing visible between their flashlights and the face of the bluff to cause this.

If Bigfoots can do this, transform or disappear, that could explain why after all the sightings over the years, we've not really gotten and sold evidence aside from footprints and a few other things. They may be more than just a human/primate mix, or even a strictly physical entity

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

The Bigfootthing I don't understand why with as much money that seems to be spent on finding him that no one is using thermal drones or even helicopters Bigfoot cant always ditch a thermal nightly flights over known area should produce a find if he's real .
edit on 4-4-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

With the current state of CGI, there's basically no such thing as definitive video evidence anymore. A person's sighting/story is basically only as reliable as the person themselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Its probaby easier to make poltical commentary youtube channels these days and get more views and money

There is a new ufo mini series out though called UFO(2021)

But as or independent channels I don't see many

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe not enough free will or brain storming going around, messing with the whole cosmic order of things. Leaving the locals breathless through remnants of the big bang that still exploding.

edit on 16-4-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Totally agree! Every week there's so much new content, just from my handful of subscriptions, that I can't keep up. I get the impression that the woo is everywhere and on the rise.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

There is no Paranormal, only Zuul.

My departed Mother-in-Law, from Curacao Island always doodled ZUUL when on phone

as to paranormal activity .... the legions of dark spirits are dressing up for their foray into the world of men, while the Princes in the underworld are also preparing for the opening of the presently locked Gateway

the paranormal spirits were severely limited in their interactions with humans and exerted great energy in their pranks and seductions and rare possessions of weaker persons

but --- as the practical world veil is pulled back, and the Deity Allowed Strong Delusion continues to grow stronger and gives the millions-&-millions of dark spirits/devils/demons and the Fallen Angels & Princes of evil/destruction greater freedom of the Air-space enveloping the Planet and freedom to deceive all men to the nth degree

this is end-times era we were warned about... with men fearing what is coming...get used to it... after the 2024 north america eclipse (the 1st one was in 2017 across the USA)....The paranormal spirits will flood this reality even more than the illegal immigrants t Mexico border floods America daily

Seriously disappointed that wasn't already the first reply

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There has been an increase in ghost activity at my husbands work. Not just my husband noticing an increase but other co-workers too. I was actually wondering if anyone else had noticed an increase. (Yes, I'm aware this post was created April 3rd, an increase was noticed end of March and only increasing as time goes on.)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
judging by the many replies, plenty of people aren't seeing the decrease in reported paranormal phenomenon you are.

I have often wondered whether there might be a conspiracy to keep paranormal phenomenon a secret from the average person.

ghosts - if real, there is immortality of the soul. imagine how much power the old ghosts would have, and whether they would be animal or human. Maybe reincarnation is what they make you do if you aren't "in".

aliens - I suspect a hoax, that we are just too far away to actually encounter aliens. but, maybe, alien ghosts could travel the distance between star systems. they'd be really, really old, and may have never encountered "love".

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

I don't think it's supernatural at all. It's very human. The sociopaths have all risen to the top and are getting their kicks in whatever way they choose. Nothing new is happening, these same things have been happening since the beginning of humanity, the ancient texts are full of it, history books are full of it. Demons and the supernatural are an excuse, not a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join