It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident of Kherson captures ambush on drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thought this footage was worth a thread as I hadn't seen it until today.

February 24th in Kherson near the Antonovsky Bridge a resident captured footage of an engagement between 2 Ukrainian BRDM-2s with about 12-16 soldiers inside, which appear to have been attempting to recon a detroyed artillery convoy, and about 20-30 Russian soldiers.

It is rare to really get a glimpse onto a battlefield like this with unedited uninterrupted (edit: The audio may be dubbed and there is multiple zoom in's however no cuts I could discern) footage of decent quality...even more so from a birdseye view.

Not really much to add just thought some of you may appreciate the video.

edit on 5-3-2022 by RickyD because: Edit to be more accurate

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Your definition of unedited is one I was totally unaware of before now. Love the looped audio of gunfire, a child and a dog added in.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Looks like military training, hard to see what is going on, and who is fighting who. And the looping sound track with the gunshots, dog, and kid saying papa makes this video even more unbelievable. I am with Ukraine, but there is just as much disinformation coming out of Ukraine as Russia in these times of war sadly.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I can't attest to the audio however the video portion does not appear to be edited. The location and timing has been verified as well as the who's who as far what troops and equipment are on what side.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Who would be training Russia with Ukraine? Russia doesn't have or use BRDM-2s anymore and I am pretty sure they don't really use towed arty much either of at all. Ukraine does though which would make one wonder why would they be training by throwing grenades at each other and firing live rounds at each other. Also the BRDM shooting up a building on the background when it over shoots the troops in the burm must be training for the civies to dodge incoming fire.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Who would be training Russia with Ukraine? Russia doesn't have or use BRDM-2s anymore and I am pretty sure they don't really use towed arty much either of at all. Ukraine does though which would make one wonder why would they be training by throwing grenades at each other and firing live rounds at each other. Also the BRDM shooting up a building on the background when it over shoots the troops in the burm must be training for the civies to dodge incoming fire.

So far there have been posted fake "Ukraine Russia" footage, taken from video games, Afghanistan, old navy pictures and crisis actors... both side does it, So in the video you posted could be 10 years old, from another country, a stage, digital made. The options are many.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I can't attest to the audio however the video portion does not appear to be edited. The location and timing has been verified as well as the who's who as far what troops and equipment are on what side.

Unedited means the video starts recording and runs til it stops without any changes, adjustments, additions, removals or gaps in that video. There are clearly cuts in this video where something was removed that was not to be seen or it is a collection of shorter videos that were carefully selected not to show something.

Again, your definition of unedited is one that I was previously unaware of.

I support the Ukrainian side but this video is not very credible and is edited.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I saw this come up after I watched the stinger take out the helicopter. I thought it was pretty cool myself.

A lot that are complaining about authenticity certainly didn't watch till the end. The who's and what's and how's are explained fairly thoroughly.

People can take it with a pinch of salt but I see no attempt at propaganda in this. They are simplying explaining what you see happening, no sides taken.

The label of unedited may be biggest issue here.
edit on 3/5/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

You may be right...I more so meant there wasn't any weird cuts or anything and you get an uninterrupted view of battle from a perspective we rarely get to see.

And yea I figured earlier people wouldn't watch until the end to actually see the explaination and how things were verified. I just that it was an interesting video and wanted to share it.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Did you watch until the end and if so what do you dispute about the video specifically?

The only thing anyone did was zoom in...multiple times the video offered zoomed in views of multiple areas during the same time frame so you can actually see the troops and whats happening. I guess that is technically an edit so sure you are right...what I intended to convey was the video wasn't cut up or anything.

Just thought it was and interesting video as it offered a view seldom seen by the general public.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You obviously didn't watch until the end...

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The video may be legit, or not, I don't know.... and yes the analysis at the end is well done.

BUT that audio is just so distracting. I can't seem to stop myself from wondering.... Why?

It may be a petty thing to focus on, but I just can't help it. It's completely understandable for drone footage to have no audio. It's not understandable to repeat this specific audio loop. The crinkling paper or whatever that sound is, and the kid, and the dog.... Why? They clearly spent some time editing this video, but then leave in those things.... I don't get it.

Regardless, the analysis was interesting.

edit on 3/5/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Admitedly I don't know if I had it muted or just tuned it out, but I can see how it could be distracting and a red flag for it being fake.

It's existence makes no sense, but I just don't see any malicious intent as there seems to be nothing they were trying to insinuate either way.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I have watched it through a couple of times again and went back to several parts to check some things

While this video itself lookes possibly legitimate, it suffers mainly from the distracting audio. Also the unedited claim in the op were a big distraction as most will dismiss this video outright after seeing a few cuts. I see you have edited the op to explain the video edits and that is greatly appreciated.

If watched muted, it makes for a more believable video. The analysis at the end may be correct.

If I were presenting this video, I would run it through without any edits first then present the zooms and anotations on the second time through. There would be no audio for this video because none was recorded at that time and any added is just a distraction, even the music to the end is unnecessary. Background music would only help if there is audio commentary and this has only text added to the video presentation.

Can't say it is legit but I don't see it as obvious propaganda ether.

If you want to view it, turn the audio off.
edit on 3 5 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join