It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve were created on day 3

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Genesis 1:10-13
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the third day.

As we can see very clearly, on the third day, God separated dry land from the waters, then created the foliage, and made it so the Earth would bring forth the foliage. The term "bring forth" here means "to sprout, shoot forth, to grow green."

Now, if you listen to most people, the creation story, Genesis 2 is a retelling of the sixth day of creation. Which then leads to a whole bunch of inbreeding, since the only humans were Adam and Eve and then their offspring.

However, if you read Genesis 2:

Genesis 2:4-8
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

As we can see here, Adam was created BEFORE the earth brought forth the foliage, as there was no man to till the soil. Which means, Adam, Eve, Eden, and every living creature were created BEFORE the Earth was populated with living creatures.

The story in Genesis 2 is not a retelling of day 6. It is a completely separate story; a precursor to day 6. "Practice" if you will.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Except it's pretty obvious via geology, archaelogy, and genome sequencing that humans are descendants from other hominid creatures and we date back to between 300,000-800,000 years ago.. whereas the earliest signs of life on earth are from around 3.7 billion years ago.. and the earth itself is about 4.5 billion years old.

I'm all for the bible containing allegorical depictions of the big bang, formation of earth, and the rise of life...

But if we're doing that, let's keep it on rails.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Genesis is an amalgamation of at least 2 separate creation myths. The early scholars compiling it didn't know which was correct, so made a hodge-podge of them, lest they chose the wrong one and angered YHWH. Same with the flood myth.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

Adam, Eve, Eden, and every living creature were created BEFORE the Earth was populated with living creatures.

So you mean every living creature was created before any living creature populated your planet? What do you expect? That's the normal way of doing things, no? You first create the creatures you wish to populate your planet.

In any case, your Adam was not human (he wasn't given birth by a human). Neither was your Eve. Therefore, they were artificial. Your entire planet is. By the way, before creating Eve, your god created Lilith. Terraforming is the business of sending seeding probes to a lifeless planet in order to modify it such that living organisms can flourish and replicate.

That's what your god was engaged in, so yes: first comes the probes, then the creatures. That's exactly what you are doing in Mars, only the names you give to your rangers, rovers, sats, and probes are Perseverance, Ingenuity, Sojourner, Curiosity and so on. I still prefer the old names: Adam, Lilith, and Eve.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Don’t forget Lilith.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here we go again. Another intellectual lightweight who thinks they've found something new in the bible, who also thinks it's a history and science reference tome.

For goodness sake...

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Except it's pretty obvious via geology, archaelogy, and genome sequencing that humans are descendants from other hominid creatures and we date back to between 300,000-800,000 years ago.. whereas the earliest signs of life on earth are from around 3.7 billion years ago.. and the earth itself is about 4.5 billion years old.

I'm all for the bible containing allegorical depictions of the big bang, formation of earth, and the rise of life...

That's nice....

And what does that do with the topic?

Apparently reading the bible is an attack on science?

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Genesis is an amalgamation of at least 2 separate creation myths. The early scholars compiling it didn't know which was correct, so made a hodge-podge of them, lest they chose the wrong one and angered YHWH. Same with the flood myth.

No it's not... Which is what the topic says... If you read the words, it's very clearly not two separate creation myths.

The old testament is the story of the lineage of Adam and Eve, not all of mankind.

The new testament reconciles that story with the rest of mankind.
edit on 21-8-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

Adam, Eve, Eden, and every living creature were created BEFORE the Earth was populated with living creatures.

So you mean every living creature was created before any living creature populated your planet? What do you expect? That's the normal way of doing things, no? You first create the creatures you wish to populate your planet.

In any case, your Adam was not human (he wasn't given birth by a human). Neither was your Eve. Therefore, they were artificial. Your entire planet is. By the way, before creating Eve, your god created Lilith. Terraforming is the business of sending seeding probes to a lifeless planet in order to modify it such that living organisms can flourish and replicate.

That's what your god was engaged in, so yes: first comes the probes, then the creatures. That's exactly what you are doing in Mars, only the names you give to your rangers, rovers, sats, and probes are Perseverance, Ingenuity, Sojourner, Curiosity and so on. I still prefer the old names: Adam, Lilith, and Eve.

"My Adam?" So reading the Bible makes me different than you somehow?

"My planet?" You're not human, and don't exist on this world?

"My God?" How do you know my God? You think reading the Bible makes me a believer in the Bible?

Wow, all those atheist biblical scholars must be liars then.

I suggest you read some classical philosophy. Aristotle and Plato had some very interesting discussions about forms.

Also, there is not a single biblical reference to anyone named Lilith. That's a completely different story from a completely different group of people.
edit on 21-8-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Here we go again. Another intellectual lightweight who thinks they've found something new in the bible, who also thinks it's a history and science reference tome.

For goodness sake...

Here we go again. Another person with nothing to add to the conversation except passive aggressive insults on a forum dedicated to denying ignorance. Makes sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Don’t forget Lilith.

I was going to make a comment about her being the hot one, then M5 ruined it

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Aristotle and Plato had some very interesting discussions about forms.

Prove it. And stop barking.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Aristotle and Plato had some very interesting discussions about forms.

Prove it. And stop barking.

Lmao. Barking? You mean responding to people?

And prove what?

That Plato and Aristotle discussed forms?

Those discussions are freely available from a variety of places, and are common lesson plans in nearly every basic philosophy class in every college that offers a philosophy class.

www.letmegooglethat.com...
edit on 22-8-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm disappointed with your attitude, rounda. See, this is a thread about creationism . I thought you were to explain to us not whether your gods created this or that fragile creature on this or that particular day, but how your gods were themselves created by, most likely, other gods that were in turn created by other gods who were created by yet another bunch of gods, and so on.

About your Aristurtle, Aristhrottle, Arispistach, Pluto or whatever their names: have you ever considered the possibility that those artificial creatures are known just to people in the West? What you call basic philosophy is no doubt just Western philosophy.

Let's now be serious, rounda: who created creationists? And more interesting: were they created on day 4, 5, or 3? And why not day 1 or 3,1416 or 1, 4142? I verily tell you, rounda my son, that forms are important, but the essential things in this universe are precisely... formless. And timeless. Therefore, the question of when? do things happen is meaningless.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm disappointed with your attitude, rounda. See, this is a thread about creationism . I thought you were to explain to us not whether your gods created this or that fragile creature on this or that particular day, but how your gods were themselves created by, most likely, other gods that were in turn created by other gods who were created by yet another bunch of gods, and so on.

About your Aristurtle, Aristhrottle, Arispistach, Pluto or whatever their names: have you ever considered the possibility that those artificial creatures are known just to people in the West? What you call basic philosophy is no doubt just Western philosophy.

Let's now be serious, rounda: who created creationists? And more interesting: were they created on day 4, 5, or 3? And why not day 1 or 3,1416 or 1, 4142? I verily tell you, rounda my son, that forms are important, but the essential things in this universe are precisely... formless. And timeless. Therefore, the question of when? do things happen is meaningless.

No, this is a subforum for discussing any of the possibilities of our origins and creationism.

Nowhere in the subforum description does it say we are limited to discussing only what we believe.

Hence the reason you're discussing something you obviously don't believe in.

Cool, you don't want to read western philosophy. Good for you. Deny ignorance.
edit on 22-8-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I've often wondered if humanoid creatures were crafted and cultivated and once they reached a certain pinnacle or milestone were changed in that God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life". Perhaps humanoids were created along with the animals and then on the 6th day they were made into what we now call humanity.

Both can be true. Mankind was animal and is now something greater than that. Just thoughts. There's not enough information in Genesis to clarify this.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Come on rounda! In your OP you stated that Adam and Eve were created on day 3. What about the Western philosophers (all of them) who taught you to be logic and apply logic if you wish to understand Reality? There were no Adam, and no Eve. And there is nothing like creating Adam and Eve on day 3.

On the other hand, rounda, if you are a creationist you must accept your gods were also created, which is my point. And if they were created, obviously their creator was also created. And so on. But your thesis opens a fascinating question: were your Adam and Eve created on day 3 in the morning or in the afternoon? Was it raining? Cloudy? Or just fluffy clouds?

Rounda, if you were to love your Western philosophy, as you claim, you would have given up creationism a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda
Adam and Eve were created on day 3

In which time zone? Because that could be day 2 still for some...

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Hardly the direne I remeber from the FL threads...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join