It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relevant Random Quotes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and did like this one.

Reminded me a bit of this pic.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for the input Terry.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Found this on my old hard drive in the closet

"Jacques Attali was an advisor to François Mitterrand (former President of France) and wrote this in 1981:

“In the future it will be a question of finding a way to reduce the population. We will start with the old man, because once he is over 60-65 years old, man lives longer than he produces and it costs society dearly.

Then the weak and then the useless who do not contribute anything to society because there will be more and more, and especially finally the stupid.

Euthanasia directed at these groups; euthanasia must be an essential instrument of our future societies, in all cases.

Of course, we will not be able to execute people or organize camps. We will get rid of them by making them believe that it is for their own good.

Too large a population, and for the most part unnecessary, is something economically too expensive. Socially, it is also much better for the human machine to stop abruptly rather than gradually deteriorate.

We won’t be able to pass intelligence tests on millions and millions of people, you can imagine!

We will find something or cause it; a pandemic that targets certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus that will affect the old or the elderly, it does not matter, the weak and the fearful will succumb.

The stupid will believe it and ask to be treated. We will have taken care of having planned the treatment, a treatment that will be the solution.

The selection of idiots will therefore be done by itself: they will go to the slaughterhouse alone. “ This fragment is excerpted from

and this

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Great post mate and will have to look into the veracity of that Kissenger quote but can absolutely believe he would say that - also think there's a good case to be made for his involvement in the mess we now find ourselves in (via the Bilderberg group, the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations and the World Economic Forum).

Here's another quote by Kissenger which I suppose is the antithesis of this thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Kind of agree with everything you said there mate but don't think they should be classified as 'memes' - they are just collected statements from homosapiens.

A bit cheesy but had to post this one.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I have a good deal of respect for Benchley. He seemed the sort to always be smirking at the rest of us without being put-downish about it. Years ago there were a gang of us who used to congregate at the hot tub at our local Y. We would hash out the worlds problems and discuss intricate and speculative theories after hitting the weight room and cardio labs. Of course there was a pecking order among us. We called it the ''Algonquin Hot Tub''

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
“How to Overthrow the System: brew your own beer; kick in your Tee Vee; kill your own beef; build your own cabin and piss off the front porch whenever you bloody well feel like it.”
― Edward Abbey

“Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.”
― Edward Abbey

“Men come and go, cities rise and fall, whole civilizations appear and disappear-the earth remains, slightly modified. The earth remains, and the heartbreaking beauty where there are no hearts to break....I sometimes choose to think, no doubt perversely, that man is a dream, thought an illusion, and only rock is real. Rock and sun.”
― Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire: A Season in the Wilderness

“Freedom begins between the ears.”
― Edward Abbey

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That first one, do you remember where it's from?

At the end it said "this fragment is excerpted from" and then cuts off.

I'd like to look into that one a bit more. I'm not implying doubt here but that guy sounds like a total @$#%$$#@ who needs looking into.

Edit....Scrap that. I've had a quick look and found where it's from .

edit on 2462021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Oh I agree with the sayings, and wish more people understood their exact meanings.

My point was memes with these wise sayings are everywhere, but they fly right over the heads of most people.

Not cheesy at all.

And it's a great thread, BTW.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I found this a wonderful expression on the OP. I especially liked your take down on memes of being of any value other than part of our dumbing down process, if that indeed is what you were saying

Here I have to resort to mentioning another teacher of mine, this time a senior lit professor in my senior year. He insisted that the use of cliches would get any of his students a failure for that paper or test. He taught that cliches , we did not have the word meme in those days, did nothing to stimulate ones mind but rather made us dependent upon accepting them as a general ''filler'' to cover up the fact that there was really no ''substance'' behind their use.

I think ''memes'' are symbolic. And that becoming to attached to memes or symbols obscures our relationship with what ever it is that they are symbolic of. Examples abound.

I was saying that I think memes of importance are lost among the memes of no significance.

But I do like the occasional meme that catches me off guard and makes me chuckle.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Some mighty fine quotes there.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home.

K

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The world is a little less bright, since we lost Mr. Carlin. Dangerous man, making us both laugh at ourselves, and think.

George indeed was a "dangerous man" to the establishment. He had a way of breaking through the spin and telling you it like it was, and he didn't give a damn who it offended. A very intelligent comedian who I miss to this day

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus."

Ozzy Osbourne.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Classic mate - here's one relevant to ATS.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"

Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Wed Aug 18 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join