It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re Coming For My Gel Blaster!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Soon we'll be on assault charges for looking at someone the wrong way.

Beware of loaded wombats !

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: jerich0

Soon we'll be on assault charges for looking at someone the wrong way.

Beware of loaded wombats !

Im all about full frontal wombat combat, that should be televised

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Deadliest critters but no real big, mean apex predators that you need a weapon for.

We do have guns, you do know that, right?

Just very restrictive on what we can have, but we can still get big boom sticks like a 300 winmag if you fit the criteria.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Yeah they do look like real weapons, but the chances of someone in Australia actually having a real “assault rifle” is pretty slim.

Makes sense then; Authority has to exert itself to remain relevant.

If its pretty slim for someone in Australia to have a real “assault rifle” than Authority has to find something else to crack down on.

Sorry it had to be something you enjoy this time.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I know brother, for me what I do I’m someone that makes things machining and fabricating. I’m not political I just make things and paint things and talk on the internet. I’m on your side too. I probably owe you the first beer but I truly think the gel gun thing pretty silly but at the same time the dumpster fire in my country might start the same shi7. Crazy right?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I actually had to look this up a couple years ago. Lewis and Clark (well known early American explorers) actually had an air rifle that they used to impress the indigenous tribes they encountered.

youtu.be...

edit on 24-6-2021 by jhin1place because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
And the way the legislation appears is that they are passing judgement on how something looks and I think that’s racist. You can’t have a gel gun because it looks like big bird and big bird is illegal but you can have a paintball gun because paintball guns look like snuffleupagus and that’s a ok. I think you guys need the power to have the things you wish to have without someone telling you what’s good or bad. Especially when it comes to toys I couldn’t imagine the summer without the kids playing nerf guns or shooting cans with pellet rifles.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
We won't need guns to commit murder once you can order a Dr Fauci home bio-lab kit. A home version of CRISPR with pre-made corona virus backbones and late term aborted baby scalps to start having fun with.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

My other question is what kind of officer would think a gel blaster is real the one I have has a barrel larger than a 12 gauge are your police that stupid?

What kind of officer thinks that a phone is a gun, or an empty hand, or a squirt gun, or a toy train?

These are all things that people have been shot for carrying when a cop confronts them in the US.

A kid was shot because their black laser tag gun was mistaken for a real gun.

In those occasions the cop said that they had a split second to react to a perceived threat, and that they followed their training and fired.

I don't think that all cops are gun experts.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Aussie cops are generally a lot less trigger happy.

Shooting a suspect is a last resort.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

That’s pretty lame. So paintball guns are ok because they look like a paintball gun and not a real fire arm but a plastic toy that shoots mini water balloons is bad because it looks more like a fire arm? Are you allowed to own air rifles?

airsoftaculous.com...

The state of Pennsylvania has statewide airsoft gun laws. The Airsoft  Laws in Pennsylvania control the  Sale, transport, and age limits in the use of airsoft guns. In summary, The law prohibits:

I don't own one. But who's to say I won't paint the muzzle of my AR-15 orange though. They do look real and I can understand law enforcement confusing them. But folks play airsoft at a designated parks or on their own private properties.

Time will tell.

Here's a water gun they can't confuse, or will this get canned too.😞

Edit: I'm displeased with banning or regulations on a toy. But let the consumer be the responsible consumer.
edit on 24-6-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Put something like acid in them and they could do a lot of damage.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Put something like acid in them and they could do a lot of damage.

See, now that's why we can't have nice things.
I could put any number of chemicals in a plane old squirt gun from a Dollar Store.

No matter the amount of laws in any country. Crazies will find a way to go to the market and mix a concoction of chemicals.

You can take JohnyCat kitty litter and put Canola oil in it. It become super heated and start fires. 7-11 stores were catching fire for a while before fire marshals realised that the stores were putting the litter and oil together on the shelves. Oil would leak into the litter and start the reaction.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree. Weapons don't kill ... people do.

( of course children and irresponsible people should be kept away )

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I love the Korean Air guns I wanted to get a hatsan blitz full auto in .30 but went with a eagle claw .25 70 ftlb on a lever action is a blast

I still plan on getting a blitz I'll just have to give up my bulldog for it I don't think I can ever part with the eagle claw it's just so nice with the power wheel so I can shoot 50 rounds on a fill
edit on 24-6-2021 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Uh, here in ‘Merica, you don’t even have to show a weapon and they will kneel on your neck for ten minutes!! Just lip off to “authority”!!

I guess we can update the old saying “Weapons don’t kill people, other people, even cops, kill people”!!

(Great! The members here who don’t understand irony or humor now think that I am a “Liberal” or some dumb # like that. And that is the problem: language. Once you dehumanize the “other side” it is easier to do things like limit their rights or use excessive force because… well, “you know those types”!!

)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My tipman chronus paintball gun looks like an M4 to untrained eyes. The first time i came home with it after a paintball game i was washing it outside with my spawn playing around. Somebody must have thought i was handling the real deal because within ten minutes the sheriffs office helicopter was on top of my block. I assumed it was something else and laid all the pieces out to dry (its aluminum not iron). They stayed on top of me for 45 minutes. Even maneuvered to a new position when i walked to the side out of their view. It was at that point i realised it was me they were watching.

I put my hand up at them like Wtf!? They finally flew away, but a patrol car never came by to ask questions.
As retaliation, i would shoot it empty outside (just air) just to # with the asshole who called it in, whoever it was everyday for weeks. And of course let the kids target practice with paint.

The good thing is, when practicing breach, overwatch, and close combat drills with the kids they can utilise realistic equipment with similar weight to the real thing. The first strik t15 even uses magazines and looks dead to rights like a real rifle . at a glance it would make even those trained in firearms to look carefully.

I like that it is fully mechanical and does not have multiple electric components that are all prone to their own failures with wires, batteries, and boards like the other comporable priced markers. Funny thing is there are many high end paintball markers that costs just as much as regular rifles. Some look like real rifles, but most look like the obviois recreational equipment that they are.

I love paintball, would really suck if they were ever banned.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhin1place

I actually had to look this up a couple years ago. Lewis and Clark (well known early American explorers) actually had an air rifle that they used to impress the indigenous tribes they encountered.

youtu.be...

Amazing, and it has real history behind it. Needs to be taught in American History books.
Thanks for sharing that.
I am sure that air guns will become an extremely controversial subject in the not so distant future.

edit on 27-6-2021 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I had something similar we went to play paintball i threw the rifle in the back seat and decided to go to subway its in the walmart. I came back out with our subs and there was a police car behind my vehicle. So i walk up and say whats up guys and get is this your car? So I say yeah why? Well we noticed you have a weopon in your back seat. To which i told them its a paintball gun and offered to show them. They got all panicky and didnt want me near the car. So i gave the officer the keys to check it out. Then it became about 40 min of the cops asking me about paintball. They became interested in how it works to the point I gave them the address to a range and told them try it they can rent them there before buying one and see if they like it.

The way I figure it someone parked next to me and panicked from then on i just make sure it goes in the trunk.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The one thing that will certainly threaten the airgun and paintball sports that we know and love are really the manufacturers themselves.

Lately, we have seen so many hacks and backdoor engineering that exploit features that were never in these mechanisms before. When people can easily hack such things, and put them in a dangerous performance enhancement that they were originally not designed or sold for, then the problems begin and will lead to massive regulation and ultimately a ban on them.

There are big sales in hackable technology and the younger generation love it and manufacturers know it.

The responsible consumers, especially parents , should make it clearly known that we want quality control on
these items that helps to keep them safe as the highest priority and we will not purchase equipment that is proven easily hackable and made dangerous. Tall order, but if that can effect their sales then these devices will have a future.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join