It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They will never use a nuclear bomb on us...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think that no advanced nation is in danger of being wiped out by a nuclear attack. You can rest assured and lean back and breath out and hear the stone that laid heavily on your heart drop down with a 'clunk'.

But why not?
Well, I was just watching a clip about space x mission batches and their mottos

Which kind of made me think that everything is is so delicately planned to observe, monitor, surveil, snoop, electronically recognise us etc that a nuclear bomb would totally destroy their carefully planned network of cameras, mobile phones etc.
As a matter of fact, we'd be free [at least those that survive].
Nothing to show for your existence, all your birth certificates gone, passports, ID carts, your mobile phone, your computers...all gone. All that would be left is you as a living entity, living kind of like a caveman amongst the ruins and nobody will know your whereabouts or trace your steps.

That would be dreadful and to re establish this would be a hell of a lot of work, plus the survivors would be mightily pissed off by TPTB to have let it happen or even started it.

That's why I think such a destructive force would not be employed on civilised nations.

But maybe don't relax yet. What would be smashing and work around this problem of destruction would be a biologic weapon. Kills people, keeps all the technology in place.

So actually pick up your big stone that just fell from your heart and put it back. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't know... in a way, you kinda made it sound like maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all....

originally posted by: Hecate666

...As a matter of fact, we'd be free

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It will always be a risk. When one man could potentially do the unthinkable whether it be Russia, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran then it will always be a real risk. Although, I think our greater risk is germ warfare. Why destroy all the infrastructure when you can just kill the humans that occupy it.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Religious fanatics wanting, " whatever " or a Neutron bomb which kills just about everything down to cockroaches but leaves you cell phone for the conquers .. Bio warfare has been studied and until now the delivery method has been problematic not to mention the possibility of your created germ turning against you. With all the divide and conquer going on around the world Genghis would probably just sit back and wait for new territories which will be delivered all in good time with little effort on his part.
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
I don't know... in a way, you kinda made it sound like maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all....

originally posted by: Hecate666

...As a matter of fact, we'd be free

Well spotted, I kind of did. Because when I was writing it I felt for a second some sort of elation by the idea to be absolutely free and unobserved. This of course would not as nice as I may have made it sound, because we'd also die really quickly of radiation, starvation and murder. But for a second I could feel it ...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I remember my dad back in the 70s telling me about the neutron bomb and it worried me of course. Thanks for reminding me, that would be even better than bio warfare.
However I stand by the fact that they won't use a destructive bomb on us because of the awkwardness of it all.

Sometimes I wish they'd just go all honest and get it over with, this slow deception and lying that everything is fine is a torture all by itself.
Especially when you know they are BS-ing.

So why don't they just go full mental killing and enslavement?
Is it because they are still scared of us in some way, because somehow we have the ability to still 'win' if we are angry enough? Or do they enjoy the slow torture as much as the eventual enslavement?

Frigging heck, isn't it sad that only the worst of the worst would survive?
It's never the good hearted, logical thinkers.
Maybe it would be hilarious to watch the few candidates for 'ruler of the Earth' destroy each other when all the plebs are mindless drones and can't be oppressed any more.
Surely there is always one that wants to be even 'supremer' than the other nasty psychopaths.

And then what would he do, when everything is just as he wants and he can't do any more oppressing and torturing and striving for the top because it's all implemented and nobody does anything wrong?
Die of boredom?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Listen, I'll take my chances with a digital dystopian, all those leftist telling to learn how to code paid off and now I too can splice and dice lines of code.

But a Nuke? In the Military, I was CBRN, we know first hand what the implications are for a Nuke and the Mass Cas decons post attack, it ain't pretty. I wouldn't wish that on any Nation.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I don't think there will ever be full out nuclear war, but I do see the USA getting hit with a tactical one by any number of countries.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What we learn in biohazard and radiological training...(we learn to make..."things")....is friggin scary.

What infectious process is the easiest to affect the most people , in the worst ways?

Can't, won't tell you...but I assure all....we can go out with all our stuff, kids stuff, properties...being taken over, moved into....yours and my house.

The most effective "end all" leave things standing so we can move into them....would be bio.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sorry,it's a certainty that some crazies like Iran or their terrorists organizations will set one off in a major city sooner or later..Its not likely a county like Russia or China would,but those fanatics will.a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

When you have a " Mad Man " with his finger on the button, anything and everything is possible.

Adolf Hitler was prepared to accept the total destruction of Germany before he would surrender.

Never say never.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Don't underestimate mankind, we're at point that one could build nukes and dirty bombs in your backyard. I'm sure somewhere, there's a DIY video on how to destroy the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
They will nuke us. They signaled on our currencie. New York gets it. The blast causes a tsunami taller then the walls of Jerusalem. It's all on the paper money. I've known about it for years. They first signaled 9-11, and followed through. The twin towers being destroyed were already on the paper money.

Hoover dam gets it too

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hate to say it but humanity depending on the current state of electronics today is madness.

One well aimed CME or a few dozen nukes exploded in orbit and all electronics and electrical systems would go down worldwide. Permanently most likely. With 90% causalities in the first year.

We would be so screwed.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shaiker
It will always be a risk. When one man could potentially do the unthinkable whether it be Russia, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran then it will always be a real risk.

Yeah and especially those nations listed above with leaders who are literally there for the duration and are pretty much deteriorating as they rule. This especially applies to Russia. I don't know why but I've always had this fear that Putin, if it looks like he's on the way to the afterlife might try to regain the former Soviet Union by force. I mean there are current rumours about his health being a little iffy and it wouldn't surprise me if he went all out in some kind of blaze of glory.............. Camo trousers on and shirt off

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It'd be preferable to have EMP attacks. Just send us back to the 1800's and I'm sure we can do some serious steampunk.
But, goodbye internet!

I wonder if our data will still be waiting for us in the cloud satellite servers in another 100 years.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Its a wonder to me it hasn't happend already.

However civilised we think we are, there is always someone who thinks they are more civilised, and more passionate about it, than us.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Man may have lord ship over land an sea, but sadly, the skies the limit.
edit on 29-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, if I was in a fight for my life, and it required me to set my own house on fire to come out the victor over my enemy, well....No more house.

I think when push comes to shove, all it takes is the spark to light the fire. Once the fire is started, there's no option off the table, including mutual destruction.

I mean, the whole idea of having nuclear weapons in the first place is that it's a very powerful weapon capable of immense destruction... essentially used as a deterrent, and twice offensively.

If they weren't willing to destroy the world with them...why make them? That's like giving a kid a big ole gun and expecting him not to ever shoot it no matter what.

An alternate reality for you:

North Korea nukes South Korea. I doubt you considered the circumstance, because you (not wrongfully) would be safe to consider the United States, UK, France, China, Russia, India, Pakistan nations having nuclear capabilities, no one thinks of the power North Korea actually has. What happens in that circumstance? Does America fight back conventionally, or with nuclear power? Or do we not respond at all? What would Chinas response thus be. And Russia? At that point...what's to stop Pakistan and India? How about Israel and Iran?

In your theory, what systems does North Korea have that they'd be willing to safeguard and prevent nuclear war to keep their systems in place? In my opinion, they have nothing left to lose essentially..

Questions worth asking..

I'd also ask you to consider the point of all these systems you refer to that nations wouldn't want to jeopardize. Whats the point of these systems? Other than alerting of an attack or building information on enemy position/armament, they're completely useless systems in the military sense. So at that point, what would they care if they were damaged or not? That's like saying "A criminal won't shoot me, because we both have body armor on". You're gonna take a bullet the same way they will. Mutually assured destruction. Point is to be the dog with the bigger stick willing to use it. Which ultimately brings us to the point that wars are started when 1 guy with big balls says "fu" to another guy with big balls.
edit on 30-4-2021 by J1mmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Advanced nations will never nuke.

But what about nations that don't have all that complicated computer stuff? What do they stand to lose?

And it's not just about the nation. It's about who's in power. If Kim Jong Un can live it up in a luxurious bunker, and have more power over his people than he's ever had before, then how is he "losing"?

His people would blame the West for their nuclear sorrows. Lost loved ones.... etc. Not him. And it's not like his own expenses are based on the success/failure of his economy anyway. No matter how bad of shape the country is in, there will always be plenty for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join