It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly flesh-eating PIRANHAS found in Yorkshire lake as ducks and fish 'vanish'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The carnivorous fish with rows of sharp teeth - which normally stalk the waters of the Amazon - were both discovered in the water in Doncaster.
Locals at the beauty spot say they have noticed a reduced number of ducks and fish at the lake - and think the flesh-eating fish could be responsible.

"This is a popular spot amongst families, dog walkers and fishermen. It's always busy here.
"There's a play park nearby, so you get kids here paddling in the water, teenagers will go swimming here.

"He managed to get it out of the water and although he's a keen angler, he wasn't sure what type of fish it was straight away.
"But then we started looking at it more closely and saw the teeth we realised it was a piranha.

De adly flesh-eating PIRANHAS found in Yorkshire lake as ducks and fish 'vanish'

This is just scary!

As weather changes start having more of an impact, were once people chucking fish like this in a lake would've died out after the weather got cold, they may now have survived. I know that local to me, terrapins that have been thrown into a lake have been spotted, and have survived. We now also have flocks of parrots living in London. Britain's wildlife is changing.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Can't wait to see the No Swimming signage.

They're hardy folk in Doncaster , canny fishermen too , they'll soon have em all fished out and on the table with a few chips.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Will they need to remove the teeth before battering and frying these?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I would but you know Yorkshire men , waste not want not.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I was talking about the Yorkies who wear false teeth (lol)!!

How long till Cornwall is like Florida with invading pythons and lizards taking the place of hedgehogs and frogs as the climate changes, we've had another year here with no snow??

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Appears to have been dead for awhile before he found it.
May have a fish that someone got tired of feeding in their aquarium at home. It may have been too cold for it when released and it died shortly thereafter.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I do believe they are good eating, so this could be a win win...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You saying there's something a bit fishy about this story ?
(sorry)

I think the water is a bit cold in Yorkshire for piranha to survive , unless they're indigenous Yorkshire piranha then they're hard as nails.

edit on 17-4-2019 by gortex because: spssping

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Lets hope thats the case, but with the locals reporting missing fish and, ducks, who knows.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Reckon the locals have had the ducks , this is a cover story.

edit on 17-4-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Duplicate.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Treble

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I thing the water is a bit cold in Yorkshire for piranha to survive , unless they're indigenous Yorkshire piranha then they're hard as nails.

Replace the Jaws theme tune with this and we're onto a winning new horror movie I think!!
edit on 17-4-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Quadruple

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Public notice:Swimmers will be eaten.

edit on CDTWedpm31261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You saying there's something a bit fishy about this story ?
(sorry)

I think the water is a bit cold in Yorkshire for piranha to survive , unless they're indigenous Yorkshire piranha then they're hard as nails.

Ha!
From what I have gathered, some species of piranha are eaten,while others aren't. The most eaten is the red bellied variety and they are said to taste very fishy, to the point that they should be smoked or grilled to make them tolerable to eat.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Can't wait to see the No Swimming signage.

They're hardy folk in Doncaster , canny fishermen too , they'll soon have em all fished out and on the table with a few chips.

Aye...

« Bugger off you bloody soddin fish and let me finish me pint of Tetleys off in peace... I’ll get back to thee at the bloody chuck wagon you bugger »

« An it’s your round... »
edit on 17-4-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spellin...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No it wasn't global warming.

Because if they really were there en mass.

There would have been nothing left of those two found.

Piranhas are 'canibals'.

They eat everything.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Somehow the fish adapted to the colder water. It has not gotten that much warmer in that area, climate change is not involved. Someone put the fish into that lake, probably someone being humane who did not want to kill their fish. Fish can adapt, saltwater fish can sometimes become freshwater fish and vice versa. They can adapt to things as needed.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Somehow the fish adapted to the colder water.
Not very well, apparently.

Carer Lisa, from Doncaster, said: "My partner is a fisherman and was looking around the edge of the lake when he suddenly spotted this fish floating near one of the pegs [fishing platform].

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join