It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago and the War Zone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I vote we call for an Israeli style street corner protection in Chicago and get some search warrants out now that pinpoint the known thugs and start from there. Certain neighborhoods need to be declared a war zone. I have some friends who I met at work from there and they say it is about letting the criminals walk after violence. The Judges won't enforce the laws and here we are.

We really also need to decriminalize something half the planet approves of too like Marijuana. We can focus on and prevent new victims of even Opioid addiction. It probably can be ended by giving it to them for free and educating them off of it and giving them safe places to get clean at their own pace. If they want to stay high, then give them a place to live where they can stay high so that they will not have hurt people to get their fix. Limit the damage to noone but themselves and they can hang out with the like minded people and hopefully attend AA classes.

The people robbing granny are going for drug and liquor money and they don't mind killing her for it. The gang wars that are killing little baby's to grandparents in shootouts are over who is selling them to the granny assaulters. Time to stop this merry-go-round.

edit on 12-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The people robbing granny are going for drug and liquor money and they don't mind killing her for it. The gang wars that are killing little baby's to grandparents in shootouts are over who is selling them to the granny assaulters. Time to stop this merry-go-round.

Except little granny also knows who is doing it but keeps her mouth shut like everyone else because of street code. They could find all of the bad people in one night if people would just cooperate. It's their own problem at that point, when they refuse help.
edit on 12-8-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

Except little granny also knows who is doing it but keeps her mouth shut like everyone else because of street code.

I lived in a neighborhood like that while in middle and high school and I can tell you I was a little wimpy kid who tried to stand up to those people and I am lucky to be here now. It was quick wit, good timing and friends watching out for me when I wasn't around that kept me alive. Thank God I was able to go to college and earn a good degree. ETA So I took up Wrestling in HS and College until my wimpy body failed me against Olympic caliber wrestlers that I am not, LOL....

Until you are the one those guys target, you can't understand what it is like. Maybe one of those Westerns with Van Cleef or Clint Eastwood might help us feel it.
edit on 12-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you start handing out free opioids, you better be handing out free burial plots to go with them.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If you start handing out free opioids, you better be handing out free burial plots to go with them.

We have to do that right now for their victims don't we?

I am saying they have a disease they cannot control. They need to be able to get off of it but not by stealing some and having to withdraw, then steal something else and repeat the vicious cycle.

If a professional can aid them is way better than robbing granny or jackin the CVS drug store three times a month.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Bravo!!! You have my respect and my appreciation for this very thoughtful and proactive OP, actually offering potential actions and solutions rather than the usual kicking-them-while-they're-down or -- worse -- dancing on their graves.

I agree that decriminalizing marijuana, and providing safe and legal alternatives for opiate addictions, would go a long way towards breaking the stranglehold the gangs have on the city. But any real solutions will have to deal with the corruption of the police department, and the city officials in general. The rot starts at the top, and Chicago didn't get where it is by accident. Those who have no power or resources and just don't know how to do better are exploited by those with the power and the resources but don't want to do better.

And, I have to say it again, something really needs to be done about the water... or, specifically, the lead in the water...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wait

You mean a city where BLM has or was extremely active and every time a cop arrests a black man people flip out, is suddenly plagued by crime????

Say it aint so, you reap what you sow

You can't treat peace officers like snip and then expect them to put their lives on the line when you'll stab them in the back as soon as they make a move

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 12-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A lot of people don't realize that several people have been killed just driving through the city on one of the expressways.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

You mean a city where BLM has or was extremely active and every time a cop arrests a black man people flip out, is suddenly plagued by crime????

The corruption in Chicago is legendary... and thrived long before BLM even existed. It's neither realistic nor practice to ignore the gross criminal corruption at all levels of the city government -- including the police department -- while grossly exaggerating the actions of the people. Because, seriously, even you cannot really believe that every single time a Black man is arrested "people flip out." The issue is proper policing...

Indeed. That goes both ways.

You can't treat peace officers like snip and then expect them to put their lives on the line when you'll stab them in the back as soon as they make a move.

Nor can one allow peace officers to become willing accomplices in the drug trafficking trade, including performing executions of rival gangs members, and then expect them to trust those same police officers. Perhaps if you actually gave a rats' patootie about the truth of the matter, rather than tarring the entire inner city population with the same broad brush, you would realize that. And perhaps if everyone who so enjoys dancing on their grave actually understood that, perhaps we could really do something to find solutions.

Lord knows dancing on their graves sure hasn't helped, has it???

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You obviously do not understand the situation. Chicago's gun violence stems from two sources. First, the success of anti-gang policies has opened up new territorial disputes among the newly arising gangs. Secondly, and more importantly, there are Romeo and Juliet style vendettas multiplying. Every time a kid-- and it's almost always kids-- gets killed, a friend or relative sets out to avenge them. It is a classic vicious circle.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A lot of people don't realize that several people have been killed just driving through the city on one of the expressways.

Link, please.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How is giving free drugs to people to support and probably create a greater number of drug addicted, dependent persons an improvement.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: SailorJerry

The corruption in Chicago is legendary... and thrived long before BLM even existed. It's neither realistic nor practice to ignore the gross criminal corruption at all levels of the city government -- including the police department -- while grossly exaggerating the actions of the people. Because, seriously, even you cannot really believe that every single time a Black man is arrested "people flip out." The issue is proper policing...

Indeed. That goes both ways.

You can't treat peace officers like snip and then expect them to put their lives on the line when you'll stab them in the back as soon as they make a move.

Nor can one allow peace officers to become willing accomplices in the drug trafficking trade, including performing executions of rival gangs members, and then expect them to trust those same police officers. Perhaps if you actually gave a rats' patootie about the truth of the matter, rather than tarring the entire inner city population with the same broad brush, you would realize that. And perhaps if everyone who so enjoys dancing on their grave actually understood that, perhaps we could really do something to find solutions.

Lord knows dancing on their graves sure hasn't helped, has it???

Im not dancing on anyones grave, but neither do I have sympathy for a city, a city gov, and the populace who have been actively complicit in said crime and the fallout.

So no, I wouldnt send officers into an area where people have been openly hostile to them and insist on creating a culture of violence and criminality.

For the same reason I'm against sending more troops into hostile countries who don't want us there.

If thats what they want, let them have it, maybe at some point the people there will actually have a belly full of it and start policing their own instead of allowing it to happen
edit on 12-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

Except little granny also knows who is doing it but keeps her mouth shut like everyone else because of street code. They could find all of the bad people in one night if people would just cooperate. It's their own problem at that point, when they refuse help.

I understand what you are saying, but unless you have lived there, in fear, I think you are giving granny a bad rap.
Its easy to say, but what if it were your granny, and she had nowhere else to go?

Its sad that its more dangerous to live in S Chicago, that to be a soldier in Afghanistan. This shouldn't be an issue of right/left politics. If local LE can't handle the problem, then bring in feds. If that doesn't work, marshal law, and the National Guard.

This needs to stop. Stop, and frisk in force. Search and seize house to house.

To those who say that's an infringent of civil rights, I say its more important to protect innocent bystanders (like women and children) who get caught in the crossfire. I could care less if the criminals, gang members, etc kill each other, but its a living hell for those that live there. If it were happening in an upper muddle class suburb, it would be stopped.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You know if that happened they would call it vigilante justice, and prosecute those that fight back.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hand em out. Make every drug legal...just put a government tax stamp on every package, bottle, syringe or baggie.

Wanna kill yourself? Fine.Want to become addicted? Whatever. Want help w addiction? We'll help you. No? Great.

Just pay us the taxes to use it to fix the country...make every damn thing legal.

I'm tired of administering Narcan and 2 days later...the person o.d.'s again and dies.

Cynical EMT? Me? Damn straight...still. Call 911 and we'll get there A.S.A.P.*

*EMT's also get SHOT AT in some areas FOR responding. People should realize that..

EMT-and frustrated

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Fixing Chicago is asking for miracles frankly. The politicians have been corrupt for over a century taking LE down with them. Crime and drugs are rampant and to make matters worse they decided to be a sanctuary city. Black on Black crime is heavy because their gangs are being pushed into smaller areas by Hispanic gangs (the fastest growing in the US acc to the FBI). Where would one even start? Maybe the Detroit model would be best, gradual decline in population while jobs and people move away. Let nature reclaim it and come back in a century and ask "do we dare build again here"?

I like OP's suggestions, it's a start which we may as well do as nothing is working so far.
Time for something different.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Given it has been this was for so long, it isn't going to change. The people living there don't actually care.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Norway to give hundreds of drug addicts free heroin to 'improve quality of life

(Independant.co.uk)-Norway will trial an experimental scheme to provide drug addicts with free heroin in a bid to combat the country’s overdose epidemic.

www.independent.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join